Bugged achievements
A simple re-quest keeps resetting. I got it up to 2, then it fizzled. Today again I went from 1 re-quest, to zero between when I did the 1 in the morning and when I got home from work that afternoon.

Also I've had my fishing counter get messed up. I went to fish some buff food in deadwind and I had exactly 250 fish fished when I started, and I know for sure because I stopped at that step of the achievement. I left for work a few short of the 500 mark but when I got home I was barely over 400, yet had 235 fish in my bag.
Quote:A simple re-quest keeps resetting. I got it up to 2, then it fizzled. Today again I went from 1 re-quest, to zero between when I did the 1 in the morning and when I got home from work that afternoon.

Also I've had my fishing counter get messed up. I went to fish some buff food in deadwind and I had exactly 250 fish fished when I started, and I know for sure because I stopped at that step of the achievement. I left for work a few short of the 500 mark but when I got home I was barely over 400, yet had 235 fish in my bag.

From what I have seen, the servers have not been too stable and have been having to be reset or crash on their own. This is likely leading to some roll backs each time. Not good if you are trying to do any of the longer grind achievements like you described.

My own experience with this was having flown one of my characters out of SC to the AC instance and just as I go there the server crashed with repeated 'World Server Down' messages. When I did return to the game, the character was back at SC and still had not done some of the things he had finished before flying out. That was on a slow flying mount by the way, so that made for a somewhat longer flight than some of you are used to thinking of for getting there.
Quote:A simple re-quest keeps resetting. I got it up to 2, then it fizzled. Today again I went from 1 re-quest, to zero between when I did the 1 in the morning and when I got home from work that afternoon.

Someone in game indicated that it resets if you abandon a daily quest. Seems to be a plausible explaination.

Dunno about the fish, but I wish blizz would have credited us with "fish caught" equal to skill in fishing...
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
Quote:Someone in game indicated that it resets if you abandon a daily quest. Seems to be a plausible explaination.

Not the right one, as I never abandoned anything. Server hiccups seem to lose progress of some achievements (not actual gotten achievements, just your progress towards certain ones). This one seems to be the most vulnerable.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...065190257&sid=1

Quote:There is currently an issue with "A Simple Re-Quest". The achievement has a bug that will sometimes cause it to reset if you enter a Cross-Realm Battleground. We have a fix in place for this that will go live with patch 3.0.3 (soon). In the meantime, if you absolutely want this achievement, the best thing to do is to not enter a BG while working on it.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...065190257&sid=1
Great, now how about fixing it so that it doesn't reset, since I've had the damn thing zero out on me every other day and I haven't ran a single battleground since patchday?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Great, now how about fixing it so that it doesn't reset, since I've had the damn thing zero out on me every other day and I haven't ran a single battleground since patchday?
I'm not sure what was resetting it for me but it seemed to depend on the daily. I just decided not to do any daily except HH and fishing for 5 days and it worked.

Here is another bugged one relating to quests. The top one is after I turned in one quest, the bottom is before. It jumps like this every time (I had 2477 quests complete the last time I turned one in). Like there are some quests that aren't counted at first.
[Image: buggedquestlo0.jpg]