A heartfelt thank you to the Mods here
When I checked the forum this morning it loaded a LOT slower than usual. Huh

I realized why soon enough. Pages (pages!)of spam posts! Angry

Thank you for wielding the broom so effectively and promptly today and all other days. Heart
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

That was like an attack. Did you piss off some spammer? I'm glad you were able to take care of it. Thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Good Job on the cleanup.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
The scene this morning on this website:

(staff art crew rendering, may or may not correspond to real life)

[Image: t3endoskeletons1.jpg]

But substitute the laser gatling rifles with incredible offers of pills, potions, and lotions.

Then thankfully Mod Squad appeared. (Again, staff art crew rendering, may or may not be to real life likeness.)

[Image: t2setcast046.jpg]
I wondered what was going on. Thought maybe we had been taken over by bots. Glad it's all cleaned up now.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Man, is there just no way to deal with them? :S They just keep coming.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(11-19-2012, 07:08 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Man, is there just no way to deal with them? :S They just keep coming.

I clicked on several of the links and bought 20 packages of illegal drugs so I guess they will stop for a while now.
I've said it before and will say it again, much thanks to Bolty and the Mod Squad. Earlier, I came on to pages and pages of the garbage (it's really not even fair to call it Spam, I come from the home of spam and I actually like it fried or in a sandwich once in a while Blush ). I started reporting posts and finally figured they'll probably notice anyway. Big Grin Logging in now, not only are the idjits stomped on, but their spewage has been cleaned away. Thanks for the continued efforts of our overlords, and the community.

P.S. Eppie, thanks for taking one for the team. I hope you have some friends that will help use them up for you.

P.P.S. Does anyone ever go to those links and buy their crap? I have such a hard time believing anyone ever does or that they generate enough traffic to even make it worth the time or cost to write and run the spewage bots.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(11-19-2012, 05:40 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: When I checked the forum this morning it loaded a LOT slower than usual. Huh

I realized why soon enough. Pages (pages!)of spam posts! Angry

Thank you for wielding the broom so effectively and promptly today and all other days. Heart

Seconded.

Much love to you guys!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(11-19-2012, 08:43 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.P.S. Does anyone ever go to those links and buy their crap? I have such a hard time believing anyone ever does or that they generate enough traffic to even make it worth the time or cost to write and run the spewage bots.

Just a guess here, but it's probably through sheer volume. It only takes one bite to help out that Nigerian Prince who is down on his luck that only needs 5 bucks for a taxi to get to the hospital for his dying uncle who has great deals on sex pills.

Slicing salamis looks easier than hanging around a parking lot asking for that cab fare for me poor ole sick uncle.
http://scams.wikispaces.com/Salami+Slicing
(11-19-2012, 05:40 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: Thank you for wielding the broom so effectively and promptly today and all other days. Heart

I, for one, welcome our well-coiffed Asian model overlord!

-Jester
(11-19-2012, 08:43 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.P.S. Does anyone ever go to those links and buy their crap? I have such a hard time believing anyone ever does or that they generate enough traffic to even make it worth the time or cost to write and run the spewage bots.

Considering their scumbag nature, I bet clicking on those links will lead to viruses and spyware and other seedy attempts at stealing your information or turning your computer into a zombie. It's sadly very efficient and must be avoided at all costs.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(11-19-2012, 11:26 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: It's sadly very efficient and must be avoided at all costs.

Especially direct clicking, as this will pass the referrer info (ie the LL's address) to the spammers websites, which makes the forum a more attractive target.

If anyone does fell the need to look at the links, copy/paste the URL to a blank page.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields