PSA: Do not delete recent patches
Quote:The Wrath of the Lich King DVD contains the installer for patch version 3.0.1. This means installing the expansion will require you to patch back up to the latest version of the game after installation. Since you will have already downloaded all of the patches prior to Wrath of the Lich King's launch, you will not need to download them again, unless you delete them.

Which means, we highly encourage players avoid deleting any 3.0.x patches until after the installation of Wrath of the Lich King.Of course if you would like to hang on to these patch files just in case you need to reinstall the game at a later date, you're free to do so, as it would save you the time of having to re-download them.

3.0.2 download was over 1.2 Gigs, I don't think you want to be downloading it again, so keep your patch files.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:3.0.2 download was over 1.2 Gigs, I don't think you want to be downloading it again, so keep your patch files.
Actually wasn't it in 2 parts? One that was an update to 3.0.1 and one that was an update to 3.0.2. So you would only have to download the later. I feel like the first was around 800M and the second around 300M. So you wouldn't have to get the whole 1.2G over.
Ah crap. Deleted them just to make space.

They could've told us sooner, especially since the Euro patches were weighing in at over 1.6 gigs.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Thanks for the heads up.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
A thought occurs:

The patch is from 2.4.3 to 3.0.2...

...But isn't the install version on the disk 3.0.1? That would require a completely different patch, wouldn't it?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:A thought occurs:

The patch is from 2.4.3 to 3.0.2...

...But isn't the install version on the disk 3.0.1? That would require a completely different patch, wouldn't it?
As I said earlier in this thread
swirly Wrote:Actually wasn't it in 2 parts? One that was an update to 3.0.1 and one that was an update to 3.0.2. So you would only have to download the later. I feel like the first was around 800M and the second around 300M. So you wouldn't have to get the whole 1.2G over.
Also to quote another thread on the lounge (since I deleted my patch files and so don't have the files to look at myself for numbers) Background download increased (WoW 3.0), another 350 MB added
Mavfin Wrote:So if you're running the download manually, size has increased from 821 MB to 1.17 GB. If you haven't run the background downloader at all yet, you might want to get started, unless you want to get it all on patch day...
The 812MB download was a patch from 2.4.3 to 3.0.1 and so when one installs from disk they won't need that section. The part taking it from 812MB to 1.17GB is the patch from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 which is what would be needed after installing from disk. Now the Euro patches are a bit bigger and I don't know which part had the size increase in it so while they still won't have to download the whole thing; I can't say how much they will actually have to download.