Oh God, my Misdirection macro is broken again...
So I'm back in the game for the first time since before the big 5.0 patch and trying to rebuild my character. This means selecting talents, selecting glyphs, and getting my UI back up to standard.

I had a Misdirection macro. No, I lie: I've had several Misdirection macros over the years, and for some reason Blizz keeps breaking them.

The basic flow of the macro is this:

1) if I have a focus target set (Usually the party/raid tank, occasionally that useless DPS who can't stop sucking or refuses to shut up), Misdirect to that target.
2) If my focus target is dead, Misdirect to my pet.
3) If I have no focus target, Misdirect to my pet.

My current, broken macro is:
Code:
#showtooltip
/focus [help]
/stopmacro [help]
/cast [@focus,exists] Misdirection;[@pet,exists] Misdirection

There were a few problems with this one that I was aware of, probably due to the last line. If the focus target is dead, then the macro would keep attempting to cast onto the focus; but aside from a few frantic moments this was something I could live with. Now the macro refuses to work at all.

So what's changed? How do I fix this? And why does alt-tabbing out of WoW cause major graphical screwups now?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
That looks like it should work. You say it does nothing? I'm not sure what might be wrong with it... even http://www.macroexplain.com/ is happy with it.

Here's the one I use on my hunter, which has been working fine:
Code:
#showtooltip Misdirection
/focus [modifier:alt]
/stopmacro [modifier:alt]
/cast [@focus,exists,help,nodead][@pet] Misdirection

Same idea, I just use alt to focus instead of always focusing if it's a help target. The 'nodead' part in the last line fixes your dead focus issues, and the 'help' makes it so I can focus a bad guy and still MD my pet.
(01-12-2013, 01:13 PM)Krumble Wrote: That looks like it should work. You say it does nothing? I'm not sure what might be wrong with it...
It literally doesn't work. Since I'm just restarting WoW and not in any parties, then I can't test the "has focus" aspect of the macro, but even with a pet active and no focus it just refuses to cast MD.

Quote:even http://www.macroexplain.com/ is happy with it.
Ooh, my new favourite site.

Quote:Here's the one I use on my hunter, which has been working fine:
Code:
#showtooltip Misdirection
/focus [modifier:alt]
/stopmacro [modifier:alt]
/cast [@focus,exists,help,nodead][@pet] Misdirection

I did have a very similar macro once, especially the last line. Given my particular keybinding (A Ctrl+J Keybinding mapped to one of my Logitech G510 keyboard keys) I can't use any modifiers with my keybindings, but that last line was pretty much word-for-word. I think 4.3 broke that one for some reason.

I'll give it a try.

Edit: Switched out the last line for yours and now it's working. At least until 5.2.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Thanks for the macroexplain.com link.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."