D3 News At Blizzcon
We need a D3 thread, people!

First off, I saw a picture of one of these and now Kotaku has a story about it:

[Image: diabloIIIlogotee.jpg]

The new announced class is Wizard. Apparently too rebellious to be considered a Sorcerer:

Quote:Recently the youth of Caldeum have fallen prey to the overblown stories of just such a delinquent wizard. That is correct: I used the uncouth term wizard, not sorcerer. It seems that even the title of a civilized magic wielder is too restrictive for this young upstart.

Runes aren't for items anymore, they are skill runes. It sounds similar to the glyph system going into WotLK, where runes will add features to your skills. One example given was a rune that makes Teleport do damage.

[url=http://www.diii.net/blog/comments/wizard-skill-tree-coverage/]Diii.net[url] has some of the Wizard skill tree up. One skill interesting to me:

Quote:Empowered Magic - Rank 2/15: Increases the effect of willpower on your spell damage by 20%.

New base stat I'm guessing, and one that allows +spell damage on items (something D2 severely lacked, beyond +skills).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:First off, I saw a picture of one of these and now Kotaku has a story about it:
If that shirt is going to be part of the Collector's Edition, then I'm definately getting the CE.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
I just watched the Wizard teaser video, and it looks pretty nifty. Lots of ranged spells and mass AoE effects. Hopefully they maintain the "glass cannon" quality.
Quote:I just watched the Wizard teaser video, and it looks pretty nifty. Lots of ranged spells and mass AoE effects. Hopefully they maintain the "glass cannon" quality.

I can't get the stupid videos to play! There is NO date listed past 2003 and I can't scroll down so WTF?!? It say's I'm too young to view the content!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hi,

Quote:I can't get the stupid videos to play! There is NO date listed past 2003 and I can't scroll down so WTF?!? It say's I'm too young to view the content!
There's a skull shaped slider at the top right of those boxes. On my screen, it was almost invisible till I moused over it. But when I did, I had no trouble picking 1945. )

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

That t-shirt is hilarious. I note that they chose a really dark, crypt type area to show off the new class in contrast.
Quote:That t-shirt is hilarious. I note that they chose a really dark, crypt type area to show off the new class in contrast.

Probably so you could appreciate her lightning effects.

The actual gameplay areas don't look all that darker from what we've seen before. Just that we get some mellow red/browns instead of that damned ubiquitous sickly green from past videos.
Quote:The new announced class is Wizard. Apparently too rebellious to be considered a Sorcerer:
Runes aren't for items anymore, they are skill runes. It sounds similar to the glyph system going into WotLK, where runes will add features to your skills. One example given was a rune that makes Teleport do damage.

[url=http://www.diii.net/blog/comments/wizard-skill-tree-coverage/]Diii.net[url] has some of the Wizard skill tree up. One skill interesting to me:
New base stat I'm guessing, and one that allows +spell damage on items (something D2 severely lacked, beyond +skills).
Hmm, the five skills previewed boild down to :
Thin stream Inferno(hopefully without the old bugs)
Chain Lightning
Fire Bolt
Telekill (Teleport with Telekenisis damage? )
Slow Missile.

Saw some meteor and shooting stars looking skills in the video. Looks like King Leoric is going to make a come back.

Good.:)

The avatar looks like an angular Guild Wars figure. Not keen on the blocky avatar design choice.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Hmm, the five skills previewed boild down to :
Thin stream Inferno(hopefully without the old bugs)
Chain Lightning
Fire Bolt
Telekill (Teleport with Telekenisis damage? )
Slow Missile.

Saw some meteor and shooting stars looking skills in the video. Looks like King Leoric is going to make a come back.

Good.:)

The avatar looks like an angular Guild Wars figure. Not keen on the blocky avatar design choice.

Hi,

a detailed skill tree discussion for the new "Wizard" class can be found here (beware - lots and lots of screenshots!).

I have to say that overall I'm not impressed by the structure of the skill trees. They consist of plain "tiers" that are not interwoven and imho look a bit flat and boring. What might have worked in DI when the books you found (and could read) were kinda random, I'm not so sure is motivating in DIII.

But as always, we shall see...

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
The interwoven trees look cool but they are very constricting, you always end up taking 1 point in skills just to get to X skill. This offers far more choices in what skills you pick, and lets you optomize so that all your tier 1 points are going into something remotely useful instead of pointless pre-reqs.
Quote:I have to say that overall I'm not impressed by the structure of the skill trees.
But as always, we shall see...
It seems also to be an area that gets reworked multiple times due to imbalances between classes and PVP vs PVE. Also, starting out somewhat crippled in the skills area allows them to release additional skills keeping the game "interesting" for longer past the release.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]