Looking for Lurkers who could help.
There is a group of Lurkers that I'm designing a game with, and we are almost to a point where we are going to be looking for some playtest groups, especially groups that are

1.) Not local. To simulate people purchasing the product, and not having the designers at their beck and call.

2.) People I can trust. I need people that I can feel readily confident that they aren't going to break the NDA, and leak it.

3.) people that have a group of friends that would be willing to play test a card game. Not a card game like Magic, or L5R, or something like that. A card game like Poo, Nuts, Infernal Contraption, Lunch Money.

4.) You need to be open to the idea of a comical take on animal violence. PG-13 humor abounds, as well as the comedic violence with animals. So, if you think that PETA is a good thing, this is probably not the game for you.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, please let me know. I can't guarantee that everyone who says "yes" will be included, but I will try and get as many people involved as we as a group can agree is needed to make this a viable playtest.

And then, hopefully this summer, you will be able to find it on Kickstarter. We are hoping to get this game out this year, and have another game ready by the end of the year, and then another game ready in the first quarter of 2014. This should gives us a slate of products to take to what should be our first Origins booth in June of 2014.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Will there be scheduled test sessions? And if so how often are you looking to have them?

I would definitely be willing to participate depending on what kind of time commitment it will end up being.

If you need any extra information about me, fire me a PM and I'll send you a list of other projects I've worked on.
There will be no "schedules" so to speak.

I'd need to know who you plan on testing with, and then get some NDA documentation handled, and then I would get you out a test packet.

From there, I would give you my info, so that you could contact me, but one of the things that I'll be looking for, is for people who can look at the rules, and try to play the game from scratch, and give feedback about the experience.

We're trying to make this as "quick to play" as possible.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
id be willing, the only problems i can see would possibly be what kind of violence you are talking about..i am very against animal abuse, yet will commit genocide on turtles and mushan in wow for leather, and if i could i would be a carnivore IRL (i love the idea of PETA...oh you dont mean People Eating Tasty Animals?)

the other issue is who i have in mind to play with arent lurkers, but close friends from my alliance guild..but they have expirience with beta/alpha testing and are used to NDAs

as far as the humor level...hell you have played wow with me Big Grin
and not local...iirc you are in ohio, i am in oregon...that not local enough?
[Image: bldavis.png]
I am reminded of this:

Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
haha, not that bad.

I would like to give more info, but until I get the paperwork back on the trademark/copyright, I'll just say that they are more feathery, and more prone to violence than seals.
Just to be positive I shouldn't offer to help, there is no solo play possibility, correct? Trying to gather people at any consistent time, long enough to do good testing, would be problematic. Plus, some wouldn't be in the age group it sounds like you might be looking at. (some would be well into the second half of our first century of life Wink )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
No, this game will not have a solo / solitaire playstyle available. We are looking at building games that would have a solitaire option in the future, but we aren't there yet.
Is this game pen and paper or software, and if the latter, is it hot-seat-mp, split screen-mp, or TCP/IP-mp?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
this is card.
(04-23-2013, 12:46 AM)shoju Wrote: this is card.

So by card I assume you mean non-software; I'm not being snide here, just clarifying because I've played both Magic the Gathering (card game) in the real world, and the video game version which ALSO has collectibles and can play online, as well as RISK amoungst others.

I have a question for you. Please check your PM's.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Yes, This is a Card Flopping at the table type of game.
(04-24-2013, 01:22 PM)shoju Wrote: Yes, This is a Card Flopping at the table type of game.

oh...
well i need to revise who my playing companions would be
[Image: bldavis.png]
(04-24-2013, 11:14 PM)bldavis Wrote:
(04-24-2013, 01:22 PM)shoju Wrote: Yes, This is a Card Flopping at the table type of game.

oh...
well i need to revise who my playing companions would be

Yeah, unfortunately most of the people i know who would be good for testing are a continent away. If anyone that is interested in this wants to set up times to do testing via skype/video chat we might be able to figure something out.
Yeah, sorry. I should have been more specific. This is a Card Game, best played with a group of 3-6 people. It can be played as a 2 player game, but the more people that play, the more cards you go through in a hand, the more balanced the game ends up being. Once you get above 6 people, it can get a little random, and some people end up not being able to do anything before they are out.

I'm still going to be looking to get data from bigger games, and from smaller games, so that I can find out if there are any tweaks that still need to be made.