Grim Dawn - Alpha released today
This is the "successor" to Titan Quest. You can get a key to play (for a fee) at:

http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php

I've got mine, and I am just about to start playing.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(05-15-2013, 09:12 PM)Alram Wrote: This is the "successor" to Titan Quest. You can get a key to play (for a fee) at:

http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php

I've got mine, and I am just about to start playing.

Wish I had the money to spend. Please let us know what you think of it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
That game looks incredibly cool! Of everything I've seen lately (path of exile, torchlight 2, diablo 3, skyrim, and never winter mmo), that one looks the best both graphically with a nice Gothic feel, and the story is right with the bleakness that made Diablo 1 what it was. Of course, all that could go out the window pending the control scheme and UI interface. Nonetheless, a game I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I've played it through the first quest so far. The UI, control scheme, and even the keyboard control keys are very much like Titan Quest (TQ); so, if you are familiar with TQ, then you should be very comfortable. Everything was fine so far except that I felt the need to set the Gamma so that the screen was as light as possible. Otherwise, it was hard on my 64 year old eyes.
This is just a preliminary feedback. I'll say more after more playtime.
There is nothing terribly wrong with the game; it just doesn't rivet me. I find myself playing a Titan Quest mod instead. It could get better with the Beta. I wouldn't spend the extra few bucks to get the alpha version.
Igor, dig up a thread for me.

Anybody have any more recent comments on the progress of Grim Dawn? I just opened a new wishlist email from Steam. It was for Skyrim and Early Access for chapter 3 of Grim Dawn. Lots of good reviews on Steam, but I have to believe they would lean toward fanboy. The deal ends in 11 hours - go or no?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I am interested as well. $12.50 seems a good price for the available content with more to come.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(12-22-2014, 04:59 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am interested as well. $12.50 seems a good price for the available content with more to come.
Well, I had another go at it maybe 2 months ago, and I still don't care for it.
If you are attracted because of its relation to Titan Quest, then just download either the Lillith mod which gives entire new maps and quests or the D2I mod which puts the Diablo skills into Titan Quest or do a combo of the two. All for free.

Diablo 2 Immortal
Lillith
(12-22-2014, 04:59 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am interested as well. $12.50 seems a good price for the available content with more to come.

I ended up going to bed and forgetting time was running out. Maybe that's a good thing, given Alram's assessment. I see it is still on sale, although at a lesser discount, so I guess there is still time to think about it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I withdraw my previous negative review. Grim Dawn is an excellent game.
I spent a few hours with Grim Dawn and it seemed like a pretty solid ARPG. Unfortunately for it (and me?) I'm still in "must play D3 like a maniac" mode, so I didn't get drawn into it.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
I've been playing a good bit of this lately and am having a really good time with it. This is the perfect balance between Diablo 3 and Path of Exile for me and I picked it up at just the right time. The current season of D3 has no updates that interest me in the slightest and PoE has never held my interest for very long as I'm just not interested in the heavy emphasis on trading.

With Grim Dawn I can play it as a single player game and develop a unique character build that hasn't been theory-crafted to oblivion and have room for great successes and failures.

Currently building out a 2-handed Melee Sorcerer (Fire). Unfortunately lost my recent attempt (lvl 65) by getting greedy and going back for a side quest that I thought I could clean up but wasn't ready for the spike chaos damage. I plan to start another go at this build tomorrow and plan to stream as much of it as I can.

So far I haven't even had an itch to try another build so I figure I will have a lot of longevity in Grim Dawn.

Has anyone else been playing much? I believe I've seen Frag on from time to time? Anyone that is playing have a favorite build?
I've been playing. Every time I have a favorite build at some point it stops being a favorite.