Rekindling my interest in D3....
So last December I got back into D3 but lost interest again when the paragon leveling seemed to be way too much of a grind, so my Wizard sat a P40 for quite a long time. I comeback and play for a couple hours and notice the leveling is MUCH faster now. Is it true that having a 5 stack now multiplies the exp you get in some way? I was looking at my exp bonus in a game the other day after getting a 5 stack and it said 840% bonus exp. I was like @@. After about a week or so I'm now almost paragon 56.

Also, items on the gold AH seem to have come down substantially. You can buy something pretty nice relatively cheap now, and gold itself is also way cheap now. Guess sellers aren't too happy about this, but for those who need upgrades to their chars this is quite welcoming. I made some huge upgrades to my Wiz and was even able to build my Barb with some amazing stuff. Currently farming MP9 on my Wiz, with about 58k health and 240k DPS (MP 10 is still much too slow), and the exp is amazing. Seems the best place to farm now is the festering woods, weeping hollow, and then fields of misery with decaying crypts - quite more efficient than Act 3. I'm finding a lot more legendaries also, though nothing really worth keeping yet. The exp here is amazing - one of these runs can net you a full paragon level or more. If anyone wants to co-op on MP8 or MP9 in this area let me know Smile

I hope to get my Wiz to paragon 100 before summers end.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Sounds like I should probably take a run at D3 again. I think I might have missed a patch or three. Blush
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Patch 1.08 just came out a few weeks ago I guess. I just completed a game in a lil over an hour and lvled again, doing the run I described above. I was around halfway to levling when I started, so I guess im doing around 45 mill exp per hour, solo. Found 4 more legendaries also, this time including a decent Inna's Radiance (has good dex on it, vit, 5% crit chance, socket, and all resists), probably worth keeping for my Monk when I start her up again.

If you can get a 4 or 5 stack in the festering woods, hit up the weeping hollow and the defiled crypts afterward.......the exp is bonkers. Then fields of misery. Let me know if you want to do one of these runs on a high MP level, I can get ya a shitload of exp, which I guess I forgot to mention that now you get an exp bonus when you play with others.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Finally reached 250k+ dps on my CM Wiz, unbuffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FireI...ro/1540010

The leveling is really starting to scale up now though. I just reached paragon 73, but I wont even be halfway to 100 until I reach 78....insane.

Have not played D III in ... I guess a year.
Am downloading patch now.
I need to finish all of the chars, who are in various stages of NM.
Why am I deciding to come back?
Expansion teaser reminded me of how much fun I was having when RL stepped in and curtailed my gaming last year.

I think I'll need to relearn a lot. The patch notes make me realize how much I have forgotten, or never knew in the first place.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(08-25-2013, 03:45 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Have not played D III in ... I guess a year.

Welcome back. Did you play standard mode or HC? I have characters in both if you'd like to add me. I typically play in the evening, 9-midnight Eastern.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
(08-26-2013, 12:15 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 03:45 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Have not played D III in ... I guess a year.

Welcome back. Did you play standard mode or HC? I have characters in both if you'd like to add me. I typically play in the evening, 9-midnight Eastern.
I had five in each, but will probably not get into HC again until I reacquaint myself with regular. I lost a lvl 19 DH in HC last year when one of those desert things just blew up in my face. I need to get my moves and techniques and alertness up.

We'll see when I get to play again, traveling this weekend and then work all next week is catch up.

We'll see, I'll take a peak and see if you are on when I get a chance.
In Memory of Pete
I'm really enjoying my Hardcore Self-found character, but also trying to balance my time between that and Path of Exile. Hard to fit two ARPGs in Wink I almost want to wait for the Diablo 3 Expansion, it sounds like self-found will be much easier to pull off. If they keep the new feature where a Legendary drops each time you kill a Major Boss, that would be crazy.

I'm also intrigued about the console version, but I don't own any, so doubt it's enough to force a purchase Tongue
I think the Legendary drop from bosses is only the first time you kill them, if iirc. But yes, I am also probably just gonna wait til' the expansion before I play anymore. No point in trying to grind anymore since all top end items now will be obsolete anyways.

It just occurred to me that when the characters thumb through the "book of Cain" when identifying rare items, that the gold dust/sparkles that the book gives off is made of Pixips.

Lemming of Glory for the win! Smile
In Memory of Pete