Just another reason to hate religious extremists and organized religion in general...
[quote='Hammerskjold' pid='206623' dateline='1370713939']

[quote]

Population Genetics

Whenever I get a package of M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser" and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theatre of competition that is the modern candy and snack food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars Inc., along with a 3 x 5 card reading "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free ½ pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can only be one.

Author Unknown, found in a U of T BIO150 Lab Manual

[/quote]
LOL!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(06-10-2013, 04:14 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 11:49 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am at least still hopeful, FIT can find his way out of the smokey Bavarian beer hall, and opt to tipple a glass of fine port with the gents at Oxford. He may not be up for it intellectually, but we shall see.

You sir, are more generous of spirit in this regard than I am.

I however, won't bet that my un-programmed, just plugged in VCR will suddenly not flash 12:00...12:00...12:00, and just magically start displaying the correct time. Or even budge one second from 12:00. No matter how long I stare at it, or talk to it.

We've seen the behaviour of said troll for a while now. It is not about commie-ism. It is not about ideology. It's about an immature humanoid\ idiot in search of an identity, a cause to belong to, some grandiose monster he thinks he can slay.

If he joined a crocheting circle instead of commie-ism for a cause, he'd still be an extremist radical rebel without a clue. He'd still dismiss previous patterns and techniques, and he'd dismiss anything\anyone that doesn't function as an echo chamber to his own extreme views.

Short and blunt version: He will end up being attracted to the most extreme radical (which is obviously the edgiest and coolest) crocheting circles*, because that's what many an immature mindset seeks.

Everybody goes through this process at one point or another, it's called growing up\maturing. Some however, gets stuck, or chooses to remain this way.

It's a dangerous place to be in, because it can signal 'fresh meat' for people\causes who are always on the lookout for new 'useful idiots'. Or he can get into an 'in way over their head' situation, but it's ok because I'm super cool radical, Marx and the power of Diuretics will save me. Pfft, save me, more like overpower the situation and prevail. Like. A. Boss.

After a while, it doesn't matter if it's his inability to see past his own bubble, or he chooses to remain in his bubble. There is such a thing as a point of no return, crossing the rubicon, burning my popcorn into ashes.

From what I've seen Raddy Mcradish is near or reached the point of calcification. It's done. The best I can hope for is he's too dumb (or dumb lucky) to get into actual serious trouble.

Despite my troll baiting, I don't actually wish the moron serious harm. Not out of any warm and fuzzies, but because he's somebody's child (at one point at least). He may or may not have\had friends. All those people will be affected should said moron get into real serious shitsky.

So even though I'm not a praying man, I do pray to Thor that trollsky luck holds out, or is too dumb to get into anything serious. Because a part of me likes throwing popcorn and crumbs at oblivious trolls. Heart

* Tread lightly around sweet old ladies named Agnes with a thousand yard stare wielding a knitting needle. She survived things that Che' beret wearing wannabes can't even imagine.

That's a pity, cause if you died in a fire tomorrow, I'd throw a party. Actually, no. I wouldn't, because that would be giving you too much credit. I might however, ask where your grave is, so I could shower it with gold, if you know what I mean.

Ill be blunt too: go fuck yourself, and the horse you rode in on.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(06-10-2013, 06:11 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: That's a pity, cause if you died in a fire tomorrow, I'd throw a party. Actually, no. I wouldn't, because that would be giving you too much credit. I might however, ask where your grave is, so I could shower it with gold, if you know what I mean.

Ill be blunt too: go fuck yourself, and the horse you rode in on.

Aww sweety, I thought you had me on ignore? Still trying to figure how that one works too huh?

Ah the delicious impotent rage tears of an edgy troll. So tasty.
(06-10-2013, 12:13 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Yea, I don't hang out in beer halls, and in fact, I don't drink beer either (not much of a drinker in general). You can keep your stereotypes. But if I want a drink, I prefer jack and coke, and I hope it would be on the fine gents Oxford Tongue

Aaa, Americans and their 'sense of taste'.....

First how could a mixture of a cheap American copy of Whisky, mixed with a sweet sugary drink be higher regarded than a Bavarian beer?
Especially when drunk in a biergarten. (which I guess nowadays are non-smoking as well.....luckily there is smoked beer for the real smoke aficionados).
Well I guess the best thing to do with American Whiskey is indeed to mix it with some other cheap American soft drink made for those without taste.

That said; drinking port, (not during the last courses of a good dinner), is not much better.....indeed something they could do in England.
(06-10-2013, 06:47 AM)eppie Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 12:13 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Yea, I don't hang out in beer halls, and in fact, I don't drink beer either (not much of a drinker in general). You can keep your stereotypes. But if I want a drink, I prefer jack and coke, and I hope it would be on the fine gents Oxford Tongue

Aaa, Americans and their 'sense of taste'.....

First how could a mixture of a cheap American copy of Whisky, mixed with a sweet sugary drink be higher regarded than a Bavarian beer?
Especially when drunk in a biergarten. (which I guess nowadays are non-smoking as well.....luckily there is smoked beer for the real smoke aficionados).
Well I guess the best thing to do with American Whiskey is indeed to mix it with some other cheap American soft drink made for those without taste.

That said; drinking port, (not during the last courses of a good dinner), is not much better.....indeed something they could do in England.

LOL, idk man. I just never developed a taste for beer in general. I realize not all beers taste the same but it was just something I never fancied, you know? I drink occasionally in social settings (especially if I'm around alot of people I don't know) to relax myself but its just never something I did much of. Sure, i've gotten shitfaced a few times, but nothing like what the average American guy in his 20's typically does (I'm in my 30's now but even when I was in my 20's, I was always a relative light drinker). I don't like hard liquor anymore than I do beer really, but yes, you can mix it with soda, and thus why I prefer that. I always thought the taste of alcohol was gross, and I can't seem to get past it no matter what type of drink im having, so a jack (or rum) with a coke is about as much as I can tolerate without wanting to puke.

A Bailey's Irish Cream shake with Amaretto is quite tasty though Smile

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(06-10-2013, 07:53 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: A Bailey's Irish Cream shake with Amaretto is quite tasty though Smile

And it would be perfectly normal to drink that if you are a 16 year old girl.....Smile
(06-10-2013, 09:46 AM)eppie Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 07:53 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: A Bailey's Irish Cream shake with Amaretto is quite tasty though Smile

And it would be perfectly normal to drink that if you are a 16 year old girl.....Smile

Now -that's- a sideway zinger. Hmmm...that might be a good name for a new cocktail.
Give me a Kraken and Dew
Or Kraken and Mango juice
Or Cap'n and Dr. Pepper
Or Cap'n and Pineapple Juice
Or Any non Coconut Rum and something. It's all tasty. Or, if you find the "Old" version of Hornsby's Crisp Apple, I will sell my soul to find a way to get it to me.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(06-10-2013, 09:46 AM)eppie Wrote:

Guess I am not normal. Ah well, nothing new there Exclamation

But I'm ok with that, even if others aren't.

(06-10-2013, 06:47 AM)eppie Wrote: Aaa, Americans and their 'sense of taste'.....

First, can the sentence "The man over there drinking Martini is a philosopher" be true even though nothing satisfies the definite description? Justify your answer.

Second, please explain how you know what young girls prefer to drinki!!!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I think this thread has had enough. We'll move on to the next argument.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.