Get'm while they're low!
Steam summer sale is on again...

Today, Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider (the new one) are both half off.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
But, but...

Ok.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I was bored last week and while looking for a game to play I decided to check to see if Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was on sale. I had always wanted to check it out and after looking on steam found that, wonder to behold, I had already purchased it! Woot. So I've been playing this for a bit and if you can pick this game up over the next week for a good sale price it is worth the buy in. (Look for a price of around 10-15$.)

The downsides: This is a console-ass-console game. The UI is waaaay too large, the camera is too close, and the FOV is tight. None of these are adjustable.

The upsides: None of this really gets in the way. It is minorly frustrating at times, but doesn't get in the way of gameplay as this game is not all that challenging. The game plays a lot like a mix between a single player WoW and a more action based Skyrim. It's also fairly good looking (despite the fact that 50% of your screen is often taken up by your character and buff effects. HA!)

I'm not too far in at the moment but after starting on 'Normal' difficulty and finding it to be no challenge I upped it to 'Hard'. It's still a breeze but a fun diversion here and there to run through some quests while stabbing, lightning bolting, and ducking and dodging around enemies.
I have exactly $4.10 to spend on a game, but I'm not sure what to get. I was hoping for Bioshock to be that cheap, but it isn't. What should I buy? Should I just wait until the final day of the sale?

Also, I have Portal + Portal 2 that I bought last summer to give as a gift to someone, but I never gave it to them so it's still sitting there unused (I already have both games). Do any lurkers have any steam gift games they might want to trade for them?
Quote:I have exactly $4.10 to spend on a game, but I'm not sure what to get.

Try Path of Exile. You'll still have $4.10.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(07-13-2013, 02:48 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I have exactly $4.10 to spend on a game, but I'm not sure what to get. I was hoping for Bioshock to be that cheap, but it isn't. What should I buy? Should I just wait until the final day of the sale?

Also, I have Portal + Portal 2 that I bought last summer to give as a gift to someone, but I never gave it to them so it's still sitting there unused (I already have both games). Do any lurkers have any steam gift games they might want to trade for them?

I don't need Portal or Portal 2, but if you are interested in Terraria I have a copy of that sitting in my inventory collecting dust you can have.
(07-13-2013, 06:23 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Try Path of Exile. You'll still have $4.10.

I have that already.

(07-13-2013, 07:13 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I don't need Portal or Portal 2, but if you are interested in Terraria I have a copy of that sitting in my inventory collecting dust you can have.

I bought Terraria last summer Smile
(07-13-2013, 06:42 PM)DeeBye Wrote: I bought Terraria last summer Smile

It's a good one! =D

If anyone else would like to try it feel free to PM me your Steam name and it's yours. It's not gonna get any use sitting in my inventory.
torenia_01 would appreciate the Terraria copy if you don't mind, Chess. She went to buy it when it was on Flash sale but got sick and forgot.

Cheers for offering, bub.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(07-13-2013, 08:46 PM)Frag Wrote: torenia_01 would appreciate the Terraria copy if you don't mind, Chess. She went to buy it when it was on Flash sale but got sick and forgot.

Cheers for offering, bub.

Sold and Sold.

Sent a Steam friend invite. Will gift the game when it's accepted.
System Shock 2 is the current Community Choice victor, £1.74 (Or whatever the equivalent in former colonies money that is) for one of the best games ever. Anyway, I'm out. Set myself a limit of roughly £20, hit that with SS2 and Borderlands 2, the season pass, and some non-season pass DLC.

But despite this, I'll still probably keep playing Dark Souls until the heat death of the universe, or until the sequel comes out. I'm actually surprised there's not many other Lurkers praising Dark Souls; the combination of harsh but fair difficulty, endless character build planning, and variant play should be sucking you in like one of those electric bug zappers.

I honestly can't remember sinking over 400 hours into a game that wasn't WoW, much less over 400 in less than a year.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(07-14-2013, 10:02 AM)NiteFox Wrote: But despite this, I'll still probably keep playing Dark Souls until the heat death of the universe, or until the sequel comes out. I'm actually surprised there's not many other Lurkers praising Dark Souls; the combination of harsh but fair difficulty, endless character build planning, and variant play should be sucking you in like one of those electric bug zappers.

I consider Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to be spiritual successors to Diablo 1. The difficulty, the unforgiving gameplay, and the atmosphere are all just excellent.

-Lem
(07-13-2013, 06:42 PM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-13-2013, 06:23 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Try Path of Exile. You'll still have $4.10.

I have that already.

IN that case, your presence is sorely missed in the PoE subforum.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
So far I'm in for: Legend of Grimrock, Rogue Legacy, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Portal, Portal 2, and Amnesia.

Dammit.
(07-16-2013, 11:54 PM)Frag Wrote: So far I'm in for: Legend of Grimrock, Rogue Legacy, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Portal, Portal 2, and Amnesia.

Dammit.

Nice lot. There's lots of fun to be had in those games. I've played them all and my favorite out of the bunch is New Vegas. One of my favorite games of all time.
So far I haven't bought anything in this sale. I considered getting Orcs Must Die 2, but then realized I already have it. And that is the problem in general. I am hovering around 100 owned-but-not-downloaded-yet PC games on Steam. Most of them are really top class games of years past that I spent less than 5 bucks for, but still...
(07-17-2013, 04:34 AM)MonTy Wrote: Nice lot. There's lots of fun to be had in those games. I've played them all and my favorite out of the bunch is New Vegas. One of my favorite games of all time.
I just finished playing Fallout 1 & 2 this spring, so I'm really looking forward to them, never played them earlier in my life as they had seemed too 'adult'. Turns out I was right, still could probably have handled them though. Smile

Out of the list, I've played through a few so far and enjoyed them (Portal, Rogue Legacy, LoG). Today I picked up Batman: Arkham City GOTY as it's on sale and I really enjoyed Asylum. This is getting ridiculous. Blush
(07-17-2013, 08:06 AM)Nystul Wrote: So far I haven't bought anything in this sale. I considered getting Orcs Must Die 2, but then realized I already have it. And that is the problem in general. I am hovering around 100 owned-but-not-downloaded-yet PC games on Steam. Most of them are really top class games of years past that I spent less than 5 bucks for, but still...
That's where I'm at...

Not to mention my sons $400 spree with my Steam Account -- while I wasn't looking and left steam running on my PC. Needless to say it was an opportunity for some credit card removal from my steam account and a serious discussion with my son, who's been on 1/2 allowance this summer paying me back.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

This seemed appropriate: [Image: oZ5wvy9.gif]
And so it ends.

[Image: 2bKMTtn.jpg]
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.