ho lee fuk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo

Here's good journalism for you.
(07-13-2013, 07:22 AM)eppie Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo

Here's good journalism for you.

Pretty amazing she could read off that list with a perfectly straight face. Even I laughed a little, though I feel guilty in doing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Except this isn't the actual names of the pilots. This was some intern at NTSB trying to be funny (and is no longer an intern because of it).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Yeah, I'm pretty disgusted in people sometimes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Is that for real? I'm not sure rather to laugh or get upset. At first, I laughed, but then I realized this was broadcasting at the same time the airliner crashed, AND the airplane was coming from Asia so it very well might of had Asian pilots, not to mention the girls that died were Asian, so it comes off immature at best, racist at its worst. So all in all, pretty inappropriate and not very funny at all when you view the circumstances. I hope whoever did that gets reprimanded.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Well, the point is more how this TV station can have people working for them that can be fooled so easily. It nicely shows the low level of some news readers. In that sense this intern is more a kind of snowden.
And racist??? Come on!!!
Did you read the replies on youtube? Some people were very offended by this and felt it might have been motivated by race, however I think whoever is responsible is just immature. Regarding the news broadcasters, they are mostly just pretty faces for the public to watch, reading off the teleprompter emotionless. It's exactly how I expect a newsreader to be in the face of uncertainty, polite, and serious. I see nothing wrong with how the broadcaster handled it. Its the kid in charge of the feed I take issue with.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
For those that don't live in the bay area, yes this is real. Though if you pay attention to the news you probably already knew that. This station also provides news that can be seen by a large chunk of northern CA. I've seen their "mornings on 2" as far east as Tahoe and north of Chico.
(07-13-2013, 05:00 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Pretty amazing she could read off that list with a perfectly straight face. Even I laughed a little, though I feel guilty in doing.
I remember when she first appeared on the station, maybe 3 to 5 months into it she had some big earrings on. One fell off mid report and she didn't miss a beat.