Guild Question
Hey guys - it's been awhile (Lichreaper/Marajaylia,etc. here).

I was soloing Molten Core today (for the first time!) and I noticed the MOTD for the guild saying something about the Lurkers getting "married" to another guild? I came here to find more info but I can't see anything posted regarding that. Anyone care to fill me in?
The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us — there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation of a distant memory, as if we were falling from a great height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.
- Carl Sagan (Cosmos)
The Terenas Lurkers merged with <Keepers of the Dusk> as both guilds were experiencing low numbers post xpac, and were having problems fielding raids. I would hit up Swirly (Zasja in game) for more information if he doesn't post here.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
So did everyone move to the Keepers guild? Is anyone running Lurkers anymore? I don't raid, so just wondering. I don't need to hop over to keepers, but if no one is running lurkers, I'll volunteer to take ownership, and make it a casual, non-raiding guild. If not, I'll just hang on as long as it lasts.
The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us — there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation of a distant memory, as if we were falling from a great height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.
- Carl Sagan (Cosmos)
Apparently you were never actually added to the guild here on the forum. I'm guessing cause you Lurk too well. : p You are now and so should see the Terenas subforum and the posts about this.

I am Guild Leader of the Lurkers guild, but the current policy is to actively encourage people to switch to Keepers. Even non-raiders are encouraged to switch cause it is so much nicer to casually play the game with other people actually online to chat with and since the merge there is often a greater number of people just randomly online at any hour of the day.

That said, Lurkers is not being disbanded. I'm not actively kicking people or telling them that they can't play in it or invite other people or anything like that. There is too much history and connections for that to happen. So you are welcome to stay in Lurkers and play if that is what you wish, but I would strongly encourage you to switch so that you have people around. Lurkers was a ghost town before the merge. Now it is even more of one.
as someone who HAS made the switch, i can say i will always be a lurker at heart, but my god is it nice to have people on to talk to!
[Image: bldavis.png]
(07-25-2013, 07:30 AM)swirly Wrote: Apparently you were never actually added to the guild here on the forum. I'm guessing cause you Lurk too well. : p You are now and so should see the Terenas subforum and the posts about this.

I am Guild Leader of the Lurkers guild, but the current policy is to actively encourage people to switch to Keepers. Even non-raiders are encouraged to switch cause it is so much nicer to casually play the game with other people actually online to chat with and since the merge there is often a greater number of people just randomly online at any hour of the day.

That said, Lurkers is not being disbanded. I'm not actively kicking people or telling them that they can't play in it or invite other people or anything like that. There is too much history and connections for that to happen. So you are welcome to stay in Lurkers and play if that is what you wish, but I would strongly encourage you to switch so that you have people around. Lurkers was a ghost town before the merge. Now it is even more of one.
Ok thanks Swirly. Maybe I'll make the switch, but glad to know I won't be in a lurch if I stay with Lurkers (I like all the guild perks that the other Lurkers earned for the guild). Smile
- Carl Sagan (Cosmos)