What is the best voice chat for Multiplayer games?
I am playing a mod of Titan Quest Immortal Throne.
There are up to 3 of us playing--One fwllow in Spain, one in Australia, and me in the USA. Steam chat only works as long as we do not have the TQIT window active.

It has been such a long time since I previously played MP. I know that we used Teamspeak and Ventrilo when I was playing WoW. But I don't know if that is the best. Or maybe Skype or something.

Suggestions and comments please.

Thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(08-03-2013, 05:52 PM)Alram Wrote: I am playing a mod of Titan Quest Immortal Throne.
There are up to 3 of us playing--One fwllow in Spain, one in Australia, and me in the USA. Steam chat only works as long as we do not have the TQIT window active.

It has been such a long time since I previously played MP. I know that we used Teamspeak and Ventrilo when I was playing WoW. But I don't know if that is the best. Or maybe Skype or something.

Suggestions and comments please.

Thanks.

Mumble is the best right now with TeamSpeak 3 now being better than Vent (Vent is better than TS2, but TS3 fixed a number of issues that makes it much improved and now better than Vent).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Since there are only 3 of you I would probably say to just go with Skype. Mumble, TS, and Vent all require finding a server to connect to and sharing it with other people unless you pay for your own server. For 3 friends it just seems like more than is required to me. So while WoW guilds do use those, I'd vote for Skype in your case.
Consider Google hangout. Google hangout makes for a very low latency, natural conversation (at least between people in the U.S., I do not have experience with it internationally). It's much better than any incarnation of teamspeak/vent/mumble (to their credit, they are designed with much larger concurrency in mind).

Just turn off the camera (if you have one) and it's audio-only.
One of the group is suggesting Raid Call. Does anyone have experience with that?
We just switched to Raidcall from Vent because...it's free. It's kind of like the Windows of VOIP. A lot of the power user functions are either obscured or outright removed, but if all you want is to be able to yell at a couple of people, it gets the job done. I'd rather be on something else, though.

Edit: For all its faults, Raidcall is orders of magnitude better than Skype. Skype isn't even particularly good at its intended function, and that function is not gaming VOIP. Stay away from it IMO.
As it turns out, 1 of the guys has always had trouble with Skype and won't use it, and I can't sign up on to raid call because of an error message that won't let me proceed. So, we still haven't resolved things.
(08-23-2013, 03:55 AM)Alram Wrote: So, we still haven't resolved things.

I'd say to try Vor_lord's suggestion of google hangouts since the other things failed.
I think you can get a free Mumble server with a five-man limit. I'm not 100% on that, though.

Teamspeak also used to allow users to run their own servers. I haven't looked into it in years, but that might be an option depending on how tech-savvy you are.

Or you could pay for a small server. They're relatively cheap. I think my friend was paying about ten bucks a month for a ~30 man Vent server, but don't quote me on that.
have you tead any rewiev group voice chats for game???
I nedd this info)
Or may be you can help wich server use any one of you?? What about most pop - skype?
I've been waiting for a good time to share this link on the Lounge. College Humor - Grammar Nazi

Please Yellow, I would suggest you nedd to tead and rewiev your writing before you post. Do you??? One thing you will come to enjoy about this place is that we attempt to enforce enough rules on posting to allow ourselves to communicate with each other clearly.

Now, to your implied questions... (If I understand what you are trying to ask.)

I've used Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Skype, and Mumble. I don't have any issues with any of them as a user. There are varying levels of complexity in getting the client set up correctly.

http://revision3.com/osalt/mumble NixiePixel likes mumble.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(09-18-2013, 03:46 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I've been waiting for a good time to share this link on the Lounge. College Humor - Grammar Nazi

Please Yellow, I would suggest you nedd to tead and rewiev your writing before you post. Do you??? One thing you will come to enjoy about this place is that we attempt to enforce enough rules on posting to allow ourselves to communicate with each other clearly.

Now, to your implied questions... (If I understand what you are trying to ask.)

I've used Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Skype, and Mumble. I don't have any issues with any of them as a user. There are varying levels of complexity in getting the client set up correctly.

http://revision3.com/osalt/mumble NixiePixel likes mumble.

sorry! I wasn't attentive.
But all of this list of server to use it you need find the reseller! And this is may affect the quality of the future.
So I have read about MyTeamVoice, TeamSpeak and Mumble
And the best of it - MyTeamVoice, they are has a lot of pluses: + Free, Wide range of functions for the organization of team communication, There is an overlay with a built-in command chat, Allows you to set the ranks and priorities, It is possible to listen to the other rooms, Supports direct talks between users, Allows you to link to connect friends on the voice server.
So now I wanna try it in works))
We wound up using Raidcall. It is serving our purposes. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.
(10-02-2013, 10:43 AM)Alram Wrote: We wound up using Raidcall. It is serving our purposes. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

Okay! Stay in your personal opinion!
I'll just wanna help, no more. Couse for example C3 hasnt rank in game and in the coloumn you never heard yourself, its not so good!
But there are many normal and good servers for it!
For example MyTeamVoice it offers a number of the features that allows you to qualitatively organize chat of large teams which don't require registration (pluses), its free (another one plus), has wide range of functions for the organization of team communication!