Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread)
The amount of cookies I receive from just one x777 or x666 frenzy is hundreds, if not thousands of times more than what I get from Lucky and x7 frenzies. So what I'm saying is I can get, from just one x777 or x666 frenzy, what I can get all day long getting x7 frenzies and luckies. It's not even close comparatively and with near 10% odds of getting a x777 or x666, it was saving me tons and tons of time amassing great quantities of cookies when I didn't have the patience to wait all day collecting. At least, that was my strategy

Regarding the grandma apoc, I'm not sure if that rule about not getting golden cookies applies because I was most assuredly still getting golden cookies when the grandmas had turned to worms.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(10-24-2013, 04:52 AM)Taem Wrote: The amount of cookies I receive from just one x777 or x666 frenzy is hundreds, if not thousands of times more than what I get from Lucky and x7 frenzies.

On a 1vs1 singular basis, yes that's quite true.

Quote:So what I'm saying is I can get, from just one x777 or x666 frenzy,
what I can get all day long getting x7 frenzies and luckies.

And here is where Golden Cookies simply starts becoming better vs Red, if we start counting length \ duration, frequency, and no penalties. Especially in the later end game.

Quote:Regarding the grandma apoc, I'm not sure if that rule about not getting golden cookies applies because I was most assuredly still getting golden cookies when the grandmas had turned to worms.

Hmm, I'm curious what your Elder Matriarch Status is. Because if it's 'Angered', it's definitely 100% Red cookies. Only 'Awoken' and 'Displeased' has less than 100% chance, therefore a possible mix of Gold and Red can appear.

From the same link previously.

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Cookie

Quote:The Red Cookie shares cooldown with a Golden Cookie, giving you chance for either happening. The chance of getting a Red Cookie instead of a Golden Cookie depends on the Grandmatriarchs status, which is listed under the Special heading on the Stats tab:

(No status): Grandmapocalypse not activated. Chance for Red Cookies to appear is 0%.

This will be my 4th reset, and to date I have never seen a golden cookie appear during the 'Angered' status.

INB4 Red cookies are technically golden cookies with chance of penalties. Tongue
I found a cure! Tongue

I reset at 405 quad, to get to 900 Heavenly Chips, thinking I still had a long way to go and that would at least double my CPS for the long haul to 2000 Heavenly Chips. I decided I might as well do the speed baking achieves. I and II were easy. At least a dozen resets later and I still hadn't gotten III. It is pretty much all luck now. If you don't get the right Golden Cookies, it can't be done, at least not without an auto-clicker (which I would call a cheat). In fact, if you get the wrong one for the first, you might as well reset because you will never catch up. That was enough to get me to close the tab. I will probably go for it again, though.

Well, that and POE release hit just then, too, so I was able to distract myself from the billions and trillions and quadrillions of tasty glorious cookies flying out of my beautiful well maintained manufacturing facilities that are the envy of cookie bakers around the world with their hunchback grandmas and antimatter condensers that couldn't squeeze out a black hole, let alone heavenly aromatic cookies glorious cookies like those from Lochnarâ„¢ Inc.... Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-25-2013, 09:25 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I reset at 405 quad, to get to 900 Heavenly Chips, thinking I still had a long way to go and that would at least double my CPS for the long haul to 2000 Heavenly Chips.

Darn you Lochnar INC, darn you all to heck!111 I'm 4th cycle legacy with 637 chips, and here you are just 100 chips away from 1k HC?!11

I will have to shape up my empire! Kitten Overseers, full steam ahead and do not paws for anything!111

Quote:...at least not without an auto-clicker (which I would call a cheat).

Agreed.

Quote:

Well, that and POE release hit just then, too, so I was able to distract myself from the billions and trillions and quadrillions of tasty glorious cookies...

Aha! Now's my chance! Big Grin

Alright more seriously. I tried the Gold and Red cookies combination, and at least at this time. Experiment was a bust. I was trying to see if I could combine the power of Gold Cookies with the Wrath of Red cookies. Result at this point in time = NOPE!

Reasons being:

- Red is simply too unstable\unreliable in general for my taste.

- The nerf to the Chain (which was Red's one saving grace for me) didn't help any.

- Certain combos are outright impossible (Elder Frenzy + Gold Frenzy not happening, they will just replace each other AFAIK). Too short to ever combine, (Elder Frenzy even with maxed upgrade only lasts for 12 seconds). Or way too rare to be practical (I was hoping for a Gold Frenzy, with Red\Wrath Click Frenzy. Even if this is possible, it's like hoping for a quad lottery win it seems.)

Only interesting thing I got out of it so far was a Cookie Chain with alternating Gold + Red. Other than that, it was a bust for me this try. Maybe on the next cycle.

Short version: Just strictly on efficiency. A Gold Pledge Drive beats Red if I want stability and more cookies over time. It's analogous to choosing a thousand dollar lump sum, vs getting a hundred dollars every hour for 24 hr.

Actually I think it's worse in the Cookie Clicker universe. I might not even get the lump sum, I'm only getting a -chance- of a lumpsum. I might also get a half pay dock, or a % deduction of my banked cookies account.

Red is good if I want to feel like 'gambling', though the rumour mills is saying Orteil is experimenting with putting Cookie gambling in the future.

edit ps: Gold + Red was done by not going full gramapocalypse state. Full apoc = Angered State = 100% Red Cookies. Ver 1.0383, bone stock no mods \ console codes. I'd bet a gajillion cookies on this fact.
(10-26-2013, 06:28 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: - Certain combos are outright impossible (Elder Frenzy + Gold Frenzy not happening, they will just replace each other AFAIK). Too short to ever combine, (Elder Frenzy even with maxed upgrade only lasts for 12 seconds). Or way too rare to be practical (I was hoping for a Gold Frenzy, with Red\Wrath Click Frenzy. Even if this is possible, it's like hoping for a quad lottery win it seems.)

Yeah, that's just it. The timing isn't there with Reds. Because the game is set to most often not give the same Golden twice in a row, it is most likely that you will have Frenzy and Lucky alternating with appeased Grandmas. Fully upgraded, a Lucky under a Frenzy is the same as 8400 seconds of normal production, as long as you have enough in the bank to get the full 10%. Before my last reset, that meant I would get 1.4 quadrillion for a Lucky under a Frenzy easily every 5-10 minutes while babysitting it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-26-2013, 04:38 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Yeah, that's just it. The timing isn't there with Reds. Because the game is set to most often not give the same Golden twice in a row, it is most likely that you will have Frenzy and Lucky alternating with appeased Grandmas. Fully upgraded, a Lucky under a Frenzy is the same as 8400 seconds of normal production, as long as you have enough in the bank to get the full 10%. Before my last reset, that meant I would get 1.4 quadrillion for a Lucky under a Frenzy easily every 5-10 minutes while babysitting it.

I'm curious to see what the pattern overall is with Golden Cookies during a Pledge drive. My most memorable and profitable drive to date was one involving 2 Frenzy + Click Frenzy combo occuring. (Super Saiyan Mode engaged, Goku and Vegeta has fuzed...Cookie Powah level is over 9000!) The other was a *'relatively low' yield drive that turned up mostly Frenzy, only a few Lucky, and no Click Frenzy. (Then again I don't always get Click Frenzy that often. It might be my luck with the P-RNG.)

*Relative, because even the lowest Gold pledge drive run will still net me a a purty good amount of cookies. Yes, I'm using 'purty good' as a completely scientific measurement. Tongue

I think I found a tangible goal at least for me. Got the 240 cursor before the last reset. Probably not going to try for the 'No Click' or 'Speed Baking' achievement because I don't have the patience and or speed for uh...speed bakery.

But I want that Greese's Cup, because by all the elder gods, I love them peanut butter and chocolate cups. Both real and virtual. I was ready to call it done after I got the Jaffa Cakes. Then I read the final (at this time) cookie is Greese's Cups?! Grarhghhghgh!!11 Damn you Orteil for putting in such a delicious last trophy!
(10-27-2013, 10:35 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: But I want that Greese's Cup, because by all the elder gods, I love them peanut butter and chocolate cups. Both real and virtual. I was ready to call it done after I got the Jaffa Cakes. Then I read the final (at this time) cookie is Greese's Cups?! Grarhghhghgh!!11 Damn you Orteil for putting in such a delicious last trophy!

Oh, yes! Because it is the cookie-verse, I picture it as one of my favorite cookies - a chewy home made extra peanut butter cookie with a Hershey Kiss pushed down into the middle while still hot from the oven. Heart
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
New ver. is out. New Halloween themed cookies, and wrinklers.

(10-27-2013, 11:05 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Oh, yes! Because it is the cookie-verse, I picture it as one of my favorite cookies - a chewy home made extra peanut butter cookie with a Hershey Kiss pushed down into the middle while still hot from the oven. Heart

In a possibly Elder gods act of another dimension influencing -our- reality\dimension, here comes a new challenger.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101121102

Quote:"Butterfinger will have something that Reese's doesn't," says Gary Stibel, CEO at New England Consulting Group. "There is definitely room for two in this market segment."

It just. Got. Real.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]