My Nigerian letter
Hi,

I did not respond, but I did make a copy for a good laugh...I did send a Copy to the 2 Gov agencies for Internet Fraud, Never heard back from them. :angry:

Quote:Dear James Horvath, Date:19-08-2009

I am Barrister Frederic Noe, a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney to Engr.A.Horvath, a national of your country, who is a Contractor and have spent most of his life in my country ( Togo ). Here in after shall be referred to as my client. In 2003, my client, his wife and their two children were involved in a plane crash in a village called Adjarra near Porto Novou after take off from Cotonou in Benin Republic . Where they went for a Concert. It was unfortunate that my client and his family all lost their lives in the crash.

Since then I have made several enquiries at your embassy in Cotonou , Lome-Togo and Porto Novou to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his family name over the web, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money left behind by my client before they get confiscated, frozen or declared unserviceable by the Bank where these huge deposits were lodged. Particularly where the deceased had an account valued at about $25.5 Million United States Dollars Only (Twenty Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) . The Management of the Bank has issued me a notice to provide the next Of kin of my late client or have the account frozen. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same family name so that the proceeds of this account valued at USD25.5M can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money or if agreed we can make an investment with the money in your country. I have all the necessary legal documents backing up this noble claim.

And these I must do to make sure that this fund is not wasted or end up in the wrong hands. All I require is your honesty, co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Note:For you to be sure that i receive your response reply me direct on my E-mail Address.

Waiting to hear from you urgently please.
Respectfully.
Barrister Frederic Noe
Frednoe Chambers
214 av.du janvier
Lome Togo West Africa

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:I did not respond, but I did make a copy for a good laugh...I did send a Copy to the 2 Gov agencies for Internet Fraud, Never heard back from them. :angry:
Classic! I require your honesty in posing as the relative of a dead wealthy man to steal the contents of his bank account.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:I did not respond, but I did make a copy for a good laugh...I did send a Copy to the 2 Gov agencies for Internet Fraud, Never heard back from them. :angry:
Yeah, we got one just like it by fax. Discussed what to do about it, ended up doing nothing. Figured the authorities wouldn't bother devoting a task force to the problem. And anyone needing protection from this probably isn't reachable anyway -- there's no phone service to their galaxy.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi Pete :)

My scam folder is full of web sites & google has a few million more. This one is a very good read, you might find your fax here:

Nigerian Scam List

Quote:West African Scam / Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud in Internet Web Mail Frauds and Email Letter Scams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From earlier sections you might have picked up the impression that only seniors are deceived by offers of instant wealth. Nothing could be further from the truth. While it is true that seniors are targeted for sweepstakes offers the mechanics of telemarketing and investment fraud are simply enhanced and modified for attacking various targets of opportunity.

This particular scam targets middle class, middle age, business and professional men who would never be as easily deceived by a lottery scam. Estimates put the losses from these "Nigerian Advance Fee" operations at over $1 million "every single day" in the U.S. alone. The multi-stage fraud starts when you receive a scam fax, e-mail or letter such as these examples:

Quote:Hi,
Yeah, we got one just like it by fax. Discussed what to do about it, ended up doing nothing. Figured the authorities wouldn't bother devoting a task force to the problem. And anyone needing protection from this probably isn't reachable anyway -- there's no phone service to their galaxy.

--Pete

You should have forwarded them back another interesting deal found your email, like those numerous "enlargement" ones flying around.:PBut yea, the best action is just to hit the delete button.

Also, if they really want to scam someone, they should proofread their own scams.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hi,

They are all like that with mispelled words & poor english...what is scary is the number of people that fall for the scam :angry:

I read it is best not to get involved or try to trap these Nigerians with replies, they have been know to kill people.

Quote:You should have forwarded them back another interesting deal found your email, like those numerous "enlargement" ones flying around.:PBut yea, the best action is just to hit the delete button.

Also, if they really want to scam someone, they should proofread their own scams.

Quote:You should have forwarded them back another interesting deal found your email, like those numerous "enlargement" ones flying around.
Don't do this! It lets the "enlargement" guys know that your email address is a valid one, so they'll keep spamming it.

Quote:But yea, the best action is just to hit the delete button.
Definitely.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:They are all like that with mispelled words & poor english...what is scary is the number of people that fall for the scam :angry:

I read it is best not to get involved or try to trap these Nigerians with replies, they have been know to kill people.
That is why you spoof the from and reply to to some other address like fbi dot gov. :)

http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/fraudschemes.htm

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:That is why you spoof the from and reply to to some other address like fbi dot gov. :)

http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/fraudschemes.htm

Hi,

I did a full report for 2 Letters & 1 craigslist part time employment scam, I offered to carry out the scam to the end, no response from either the FBI or IC3...I read they get 500+ reports a day so I can't fault them :whistling:

Quote:Welcome to IC3

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams