Not spammer Central - New Diablo Mod -
Quote:Hi,
I don't hate Vista, I hate Micro$quish for forcing Vista on us. Right now, Vista is the best product there is for selling Macs.

--Pete

I'm going to go completely off-topic here and ask if anyone knows why when I shut down my wifes computer with Vista installed, the solid green-dot on my router that represents her LAN# (2 in this case) stays on indefinitely, however when I shut down my computer with XP, the little green dot disappears? Is this some sort of firewall setting, or does Vista never really shut down? I've noticed that Vista loads "super" quick, leading me to believe it stay's partially on. I'm tempted to pull its power cord from the battery back-up and see if the light goes off then.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hi,

Quote:I'm going to go completely off-topic here and ask if anyone knows why when I shut down my wifes computer with Vista installed, the solid green-dot on my router that represents her LAN# (2 in this case) stays on indefinitely, however when I shut down my computer with XP, the little green dot disappears? Is this some sort of firewall setting, or does Vista never really shut down? I've noticed that Vista loads "super" quick, leading me to believe it stay's partially on. I'm tempted to pull its power cord from the battery back-up and see if the light goes off then.
Could be a number of things. Pretty much all modern electronics don't really turn off. That's why a power cycle can start your computer (or not) depending on the BIOS settings. There is often another BIOS setting that tells the computer if it needs to come on to respond to a network request. Sometimes it is called 'Wake on LAN', sometimes other things. If this setting is turned on, then the NIC needs to be 'live' and the router recognizes it as an active connection. Look around in your BIOS and see if anything like that seems to be going on.

Of course, it could also be something totally different;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Try changing the subject title into something less predictable. That should help to counter bots.
Quote:Try changing the subject title into something less predictable. That should help to counter bots.
Nothing seems to work-this thread just keeps getting infected. It doesn't matter since Noktis doesn't bother to reply to those posts directed to him.
Quote:Try changing the subject title into something less predictable. That should help to counter bots.

Trying it now.
Since this post is only getting spammer attention I'm going to give 'er a close. Make a new topic should you wish to reply to it.