McCain/Palin Poster that I found Hilrious!
WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE AND SPOILERS FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Ok, So we silly people at Maintankadin have a great random picture post. This was in it, and I thought it was done rather well.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments...22549500984.jpg
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Um, spoiler tag? I think you just pwned the latest season for me.

-Jester
Oh bugger. I'm sorry. I have a very limited knowledge of the show. I didn't realize that.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:Oh bugger. I'm sorry. I have a very limited knowledge of the show. I didn't realize that.

No problem, I'll live. :lol:

However, you may also consider moving the picture far enough down that you can't see the relevant details while reading the spoiler tag. :whistling:

-Jester
fixed so that it wont happen again. Sorry about that Jester.
What I think you could do is edit your post to just link to the picture rather than embed it in the post. Even now your spoiler warning is too late as the picture is already visible. This takes care of anyone concerned about strong language too -- if you don't want to see it, don't click.
Quote:fixed so that it wont happen again. Sorry about that Jester.

A little further, you can still see whatsisface when you click the link.

Edit: Whoops, no you can't. You're good, although Vor_Lord's suggestion is a good one.

-Jester

Oh, and just so you know there's no hard feelings, as a devoted fan of the show (albeit one who's fallen behind): That's frackin' hilarious.
and now you have to clicky clicky to see the pic.
Don't mean to return into in your Cheerios, but . . .
Quote:Ok, So we silly people at Maintankadin have a great random picture post.
Silly is an apt descriptive.
Quote: This was in it, and I thought it was done rather well.
If you consider lame "rather well" then yes. Otherwise, no. Something about that word not meaning what you think it means springs to mind.

Raise the bar, if you would, please. The Lounge tends to be peopled with folk of slightly more refined taste than the standard net moron.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Don't mean to return into in your Cheerios, but . . .

Silly is an apt descriptive.

If you consider lame "rather well" then yes. Otherwise, no. Something about that word not meaning what you think it means springs to mind.

Raise the bar, if you would, please. The Lounge tends to be peopled with folk of slightly more refined taste than the standard net moron.

Occhi

Hey I laughed. :) But then I laugh at a lot of very low brow stuff. So I have to disagree with you on this one.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sorry I find the whole
your F^($ed
line of inspirational poster to be funny.

/will refrain from posting them in the future.
I thought this was funny, and unlike GG I don't consider myself a fan of low-brow humor. As a visual joke it works well (to be honest with no text at all it is much better but would only work with fans of the series). Much funnier than the Obama jokes thread.

I'm thinking this harsh response from Occhi doesn't even happen if Jester doesn't indicate that he thought it was funny. Even a whisper from Jester these days seems to send Occhi into a frenzy. The image that comes to mind is a rabid squirrel with an alien brewing in its belly...

B)
Quote:As a visual joke it works well (to be honest with no text at all it is much better but would only work with fans of the series).
Fair enough.
Quote: I'm thinking this harsh response from Occhi doesn't even happen if Jester doesn't indicate that he thought it was funny.
You seem to have missed the heyday of the Lounge, when a flame was ever at my fingertips.
Quote:Even a whisper from Jester these days seems to send Occhi into a frenzy. The image that comes to mind is a rabid squirrel with an alien brewing in its belly...
Wrong mammal.

Your self portrait speaks for itself.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhi, if your a fan of the series, such as myself, the pic is funny. I think we have enough sci-fi fans on the lounge to justify its incarnation. 'Nuff said.

EDIT - And for the record, I'm voting McCain, and I still think the pic is funny, :lol:.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Your self portrait speaks for itself.

Touchè! :P
Quote:Touchè! :P

You know until this thread I had never actually looked at your Avatar to see what it was. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE AND SPOILERS FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Ok, So we silly people at Maintankadin have a great random picture post. This was in it, and I thought it was done rather well.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments...22549500984.jpg

Mccain as Saul Tigh, I can sort of see.

Palin as Roslin? Not after Tina Fey's nearly verbatim sketch.
(No it's not 100% verbatim, but it's closer to verbatim than Alaska is to Russia.
Hiyo! Rimshots and crickets.)

Not a bad picture though. 'Frakked' probably would've fit better, but anyone who watches the show would get the meaning no problem.

Anyhow, thanks for the link, reminds me of this in a way.
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/maga...4/pl_brown
Quote:You seem to have missed the heyday of the Lounge, when a flame was ever at my fingertips.

I would have to disagree, Occhi. I think you were mellower in your Connecticut days.

(though I should really stay out of this thread, not being quite done with season 3)
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Also, that's not a 100% correct spoiler anyway. It's only half correct.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
I guess this is as good a place as any.

Biden prepares for debating with Palin:
http://www.236.com/news/2008/10/01/debate_..._w_1_9211.php?1
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!