Trying to get help for a friend so we can play together
I would appreciate some assistance with this if possible. My friend and I would like to play D2 together. (Yes, I know. This should perhaps be in the D2 forum, but there doesn't seem to be traffic there; I thought I'd be more likely to get a reply here.)

My friend is unable to join Bnet.
Here is his problem:

Quote:Ok so whenever I try to join or host a game on bnet Diablo 2 I get the please wait message. Everything freezes. It then goes to the loading screen and within a split second I am bounced back to the lobby with no error message.
And here's a video of it happening http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0FfZTQQt2K0

As I said I have tried unistalling and reinstalling countless times but it hasn't worked, I've even removed every file to do with D2 from the system registry and replaced them with fresh ones through reinstalling.

Thank you for any help you can render.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Has he checked that he has appropriate ports open?

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?top...0863439009
Thanks Vorlord. I'll ask him.
Hamachi or private server both come to mind. So your playing classic or median xl or some other mod?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
No mod -- as of yet we have not been able to play.
Is Median good? All I ever did was straight D2.
(10-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Alram Wrote: My friend is unable to join Bnet.
Here is his problem:

Quote:Ok so whenever I try to join or host a game on bnet Diablo 2 I get the please wait message. Everything freezes. It then goes to the loading screen and within a split second I am bounced back to the lobby with no error message.
And here's a video of it happening http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0FfZTQQt2K0

As I said I have tried unistalling and reinstalling countless times but it hasn't worked, I've even removed every file to do with D2 from the system registry and replaced them with fresh ones through reinstalling.

Your friend isn't connecting to Battle.net. If you look at the left-side news pane in the video, he is connecting to a private server (something called "Dreaming"). Is he using a retail disc to install, or is it something he downloaded? If it's something he downloaded, it probably has the default connection set to the private server. This also means that he'll never be able to connect to Battle.net, unless he has valid retail CD keys for D2 and LoD.
(10-05-2013, 03:33 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(10-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Alram Wrote: My friend is unable to join Bnet.
Here is his problem:

Your friend isn't connecting to Battle.net. If you look at the left-side news pane in the video, he is connecting to a private server (something called "Dreaming"). Is he using a retail disc to install, or is it something he downloaded? If it's something he downloaded, it probably has the default connection set to the private server. This also means that he'll never be able to connect to Battle.net, unless he has valid retail CD keys for D2 and LoD.

Deebye is partially right. He just needs a b.net gateway editor like this one.

He could also use D2SE to play on b.net, and play all mods sp or mp, and even on private realms.

Regarding Median XL, I can never go back to d2 classic because it's not even 1/10th of median xl. In addition to so many new levels I can't even remember them all, there are significant item and skill changes, monster and ai improvements, and the game has been extremely well play-tested and balanced for difficulty and fun. Once you start mxl, you will never even look back at classic d2 again. If you're interested, official mxl forums are here: Median XL.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hamachi works and Median successfully completes for being the best game I've ever played. Be forewarned, there is a learning curve and printing out the cube recipes, should you choose to play, will prove to be *very* useful.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hi I am the guy that was having the issue Alram posted in the original post. Just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and thank you Taem as that gateway editor fixed my problem
Welcome Nightmare, stay a while and listen. Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.