Running of the Gnomes
This weekend on October 26th, the fourth annual Running of the Gnomes will be held on Scarlet Crusade-US Alliance side, beginning in the Gnome starting zone at at 7pm EST / 6pm CST / 4pm PST. That's race start time, so show up a bit early, get your tabard, and get a guild invite! Running of the Gnomes 2013 will benefit The Cleveland Clinic, creators of the Tuohy Vaccine that could prevent breast cancer.

You can find out more at their website. Figured some might be interested if they've ever known anyone affected by breast cancer or just want to take part in something wild.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Running of the Gnomes 2014 will be held on October 11th at 8:00 PM eastern. I attended last year and had a great time!

See you there!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
That's almost worth downloading the game for a trial sub. Thousands of gnomes in one place, oh my!

Be excellent to each other, and PARTY ON DUDES!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
A reminder that this is tomorrow!
(10-10-2014, 11:58 AM)Bolty Wrote: A reminder that this is tomorrow!

Run, Bolty, run. Have fun!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-17-2014, 11:52 PM)Bolty Wrote:

Gnomes, gnomes and more gnomes! Turtles too! Warms a tiny little heart. Thanks for posting, Bolty.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I have but one gnome who admits to having pink locks, and she hides the fact with fish based products.

Nonetheless the route in the video was very different from what I thought it was. Did they change the route after the tram was opened?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Running of the Gnomes is back for it’s 6th year! The “small” run will be held again October 24th, 2015 at 8pm EST on Scarlet Crusade-US.

8pm is race start time, so show up early, get a guild invite to help us headcount gnomes, get one of their super cute tabards, and meet all your fellow gnomies! Be sure to bring your S.E.L.F.I.E camera!

See http://gnomerun2k15.tumblr.com for all the extra details.
Over 2,400 Gnomes ran this year, breaking previous attendance records.

After watching this event go from a few hundred players to almost 3,000 last year, server instability has been an ever-growing problem with crashes, rollbacks, and other shenanigans preventing a clean run. Blizzard's servers just can't handle 3,000 players in one place.

Now Blizzard will be officially supporting the Running of the Gnomes!

Blizzard's decked out the race course in Gnomeregan regalia and racing banners on the PTR, complete with gnome NPCs along the way that'll cheer you on. They've even added a new quest that'll task you with running through the 40 gates and crossing the finish line.

Sounds like they'll be implementing some sharding tech to help out with the run and make it fun for everyone this year and going forward.
[Image: i5o2d9cbz9rz.jpg]

Last year they raised over $5,500 and had almost 3,000 gnomes run the race.

Blizzard has officially implemented an in-game event for this that can be run through on any server, likely in an attempt to promote server stability since the official event is so large that the server dies a horrible death from it.

Amazing how far this event has come over the years even as WoW's playerbase slowly shrinks!
Any news for 2018?
(03-13-2018, 07:43 AM)bimbys Wrote: Any news for 2018?

Given that it's still about 7 months away. . . .probably not.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa