Old School Diablo player back for more
Hi, I used to play Diablo back when it was the new game. After Trying PoE for me it emulates the feel of the original D1 and carries it into the modern age. I just wish there was an offline version so I wouldn't have to deal with lag spikes and desynchs.

I used to play variants and other things, full legit, self found, living off the land, ironman, etc.

I realize that with PoE is different but some of the playstyles might transfer well.

I've been playing hardcore solo, deleting my characters when they die. After a few plays I decided no stash use or trading which will ensure self-found.

Back in Diablo on Battle Net we could add a little description to our characters that other players could read in the chatrooms between games that could explain our playstyles, etc. I don't see anything like that for PoE yet.

I'm wondering if there are any tags in character names in common use to communicate with other players ones playstyle, such as _SF for self found, or _LoL for living off the land.

Anyway, game on! Smile
With 125 reads and no replies I guess the answer is, no one knows of any!

I decided to use short character names and add _NoStash_NoTrade to them and play on the hardcore ladder. I think that explains my style nicely.

I guess no trading really applies to not taking items from other players, which is mostly moot as I usually solo.
Not that I know of, but I'll be honest, I'm a little phobic of players not part of the Lounge.

I've had some rather unhappy experiences with random people / public groups, so I just stick to myself.

I don't even have General / Trade turned on in Domination. I'm trying to broker a few deals over the forums since my gear is REALLY bad right now, but as far as in game?

Guild Chat, is my only chat.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
You could could try going through the guild recruitment subforum to see if their are any guilds that are play-style based. Then their guild-tag could be something to look for.

I'm pretty much playing solo as well. I find PoE great for reliving the D1 variant feeling. I have several characters that I've created rules and restrictions on before I play them. Luckily the game is versatile enough that you can make a playable build out of just about anything.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I browsed through some of the guilds but I have not gone through a real search yet.
I have turned on global chat a couple times just to see what kind of environment is there now.
I have not made any effort at making connections with other players, other than posting here to get a feel for how things are going. Thanks for your input guys.