Bonus quests
Sad Do anybody have a mod or files for Diablo Hellfire, that contain these following quests: map of the stars, lost treasure, worm infestation, island of sunless sea, the fallen angel, maiden of anguish, the imprisioned warlock, horazon's sanctum & master of randomnes???

Post Plss.Exclamation
It sounds like you came across videos of The Hell mod for Hellfire on YouTube, which showcase some of these quests that the Diablo developers never finished implementing when the game was originally released.

As far as I know, no implementation of all of these quests exists outside of The Hell. So if you want to try them, you'll have to try the mod. Here's their official website - be prepared for some big downloads, though, and be warned the mod is known to make the game very hard - you may die a lot!

http://www.diablothehell.narod.ru/main.html
The Hell devs = noobs
(02-16-2014, 12:57 AM)Big Daddy Wrote: The Hell devs = noobs

Coming from just about anyone, a comment like this is trollish. Coming from someone who has only posted here after a mention of a different mod was posted, and whose first post was to praise that mod, without giving any reasons why, goes beyond trolling.

Please do our community a favour and go away.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I would have assumed my logic could have been discerned without me having to elaborate, but judging on your response I must deem a followup necessary.

I have stated, our Chechen friends behind the Hell are noobs. Not because of the rediculous grammar in the title. Not even because they're afraid to share their findings re: the Diablo assembly. Although that does help said cause.
I call them noobs because they have taken all of their supposed innovations from other, older mods, such as The Dark. Evidenced, they're using Hellfire, the framework for every mod since V&K. This is why they won't release any information from their findings; it's already been released. See The Dark mod notes.

Anyone who's actually reverse-engineered Diablo will tell you it's a bitch of a task; it took me two straight weeks.
But to use the difficulty of the task as a reason to deprive those who would come after you is not only spiteful, but noobish.

After all, if V&K never released their notes, there would not be a The Dark.
If The Dark never released their notes, well there wouldn't be a The Hell either.

Utterly shameful.

In reference to this other mod you're refering, they as well, shamefully, fear releasing their source codes.

Well, I've disassembled their little demo and have toyed with it nonetheless.

They, too, like all others who would stifle the growth of the Diablo community with their scorn for open-source knowledge, are noobs.

If you see a flaw in my logic, please inform me here, so that I may revise my way of thinking.
Quote:I would have assumed my logic could have been discerned without me having to elaborate

Here are your exact words prior to that last post (minus the explanation of how to get belzebub to run):

Thread: Belzebub Demo
I just played the demo. This thing f'ing rocks my socks.

Thread: Bonus quests
The Hell devs = noobs

How could you expect anybody to deduce anything from that about your belief on information sharing?

And for the record, Mordor did actually release details of his work on the Dark Forums. He was quite active there over a period of several years.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(02-16-2014, 03:47 PM)Big Daddy Wrote: I would have assumed my logic could have been discerned without me having to elaborate, but judging on your response I must deem a followup necessary.

I have stated, our Chechen friends behind the Hell are noobs. Not because of the rediculous grammar in the title. Not even because they're afraid to share their findings re: the Diablo assembly. Although that does help said cause.
I call them noobs because they have taken all of their supposed innovations from other, older mods, such as The Dark. Evidenced, they're using Hellfire, the framework for every mod since V&K. This is why they won't release any information from their findings; it's already been released. See The Dark mod notes.

Anyone who's actually reverse-engineered Diablo will tell you it's a bitch of a task; it took me two straight weeks.
But to use the difficulty of the task as a reason to deprive those who would come after you is not only spiteful, but noobish.

After all, if V&K never released their notes, there would not be a The Dark.
If The Dark never released their notes, well there wouldn't be a The Hell either.

Utterly shameful.

In reference to this other mod you're refering, they as well, shamefully, fear releasing their source codes.

Well, I've disassembled their little demo and have toyed with it nonetheless.

They, too, like all others who would stifle the growth of the Diablo community with their scorn for open-source knowledge, are noobs.

If you see a flaw in my logic, please inform me here, so that I may revise my way of thinking.

@Belix, this is exactly why I stopped Khanduras for the time being (not saying gone forever, but why should I support the Diablo modding community?). The Hell team has been terrible at sharing what they know. I'm glad Big Daddy is taking a stance, if no one did then what's the point of calling it a community?

To add fuel to the fire, this new mod Belzebub is doing the exact same thing but even MORE noobish. http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/open-source-t309.html
Modmaker has already said that he would release code and resources, assumingly to be less noobish. NOPE
Just makes me upset, call it butthurt, sure. But in the end, only people that suffer are those that enjoy playing new Diablo games and those that enjoy making them.
@qualakon If you think modders you mentioned are noobish, then why won't you create your own mod instead of asking for sources. Seems like even total noob can create one.
I agree it is sad when modders choose not to invest the extra bit of effort involved to share the internals of their work, but whether or not we agree with their reasoning, it is their choice to make.

I don't think labeling someone with unflattering titles like noob is constructive. If I were them - and I'm not, but if I were - I'd feel much more compelled by a rational argument than petty namecalling.

And an off-topic thread is a rather ineffectual place to make such an argument.

qualakon Wrote:Belix, this is exactly why I stopped Khanduras for the time being (not saying gone forever, but why should I support the Diablo modding community?).
Diablo is nearly 2 decades old and enjoys a tiny fraction of the active players and popularity it once had, and Blizzard nailed its coffin shut years ago by removing it from any official sales channel. You have to ask yourself if, outside of these groups who aren't sharing, you think there's enough interested people left to validate the effort.

Noktis Wrote:why won't you create your own mod instead of asking for sources. Seems like even total noob can create one.
This kind of mentality is egocentric. Imagine a big wall with a door barred from the other side. 400 people want to get to the other side of the wall. Someone else got there first and already climbed it and can easily open the door from the other side. Applying your logic here, everyone else should have to climb the wall just because he did.

Sure, everyone else can climb the wall eventually on their own, and it does cost him some time and effort to open the door, but in that generous action he helps bring everyone much closer to something fun, much quicker.

Our entire species owes countless advances that have improved our quality of life and given us so many conveniences we now take for granted to people who stopped to open doors from the other side. The computer and internet you just used to post your message from is the result of such a process where a chain of people cooperated to make devices and services widely available.

If it weren't for them, both you and I would still be savages living in caves and hunting for food every day. So you'll pardon me if I express great delight that everyone doesn't think like you do. Helping others hurts nothing but your illusory sense of being special, but it benefits everyone.