Hellfire v1.05
If you're still looking for a pure Hellfire experience with all the bug and animation fixes that have come out since Hellfire was released then Hellfire v1.05 is for you. It doesn't change the core mechanics besides a couple core changes to prevent negative experiences. It contains all the files you need except DIABDAT.MPQ, simply copy from your CD into the extraction location and right click and run 'loader.exe' as administrator to begin.

The game contains the following:

Hellfire v.101
Marsh's Hellfire v1.02 patch
Belix Hellfire v1.02A3 patch
Belix animation fix v1.1 add-on
Blankname DirectX Colour Fix v1.04
Adria's Shack moved to replace the empty house by the portal
Ulmo's Gillian Stash
Diablo Clicker

Download this complete package from the Khanduras Network.
Khanduras seems to be down, is there any other place I can get this stuff?
Sorry for the downtime this weekend. I assure you this link works now: http://khanduras.net/2014/03/repo-hellfire-v1-05/
Thank you, that was weird, I was like "noooo" and I signed up just to ask about it Smile

Have you ever encountered the "phasing bug" (with vanilla Diablo/Hellfire before the mods) where you would "phase" into a wall? Happens to me quite often...
This could use an update to include Belix's A5 version.
Does anyone have a working link to this?
(07-23-2015, 04:19 AM)hardhat Wrote: Does anyone have a working link to this?

The links in the first and third post of this thread are working.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(07-23-2015, 04:58 AM)LennyLen Wrote: The links in the first and third post of this thread are working.

No, they aren't. Depending on the browser you use, all khanduras.net links either drop out after a few hundred kilobytes (Chrome, Safari), or don't work at all (Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Khanduras.net seems to experience random downtime where the site becomes inaccessible.

As an alternative, I suggest you take a little extra time and try the following downloads/links which will yield the same result -- only better, since qualakon's distribution currently contains older things that there are now either newer versions of, or better alternatives to.

To that end, 4 of the items listed in the original post (Hellfire v1.01, Marsh's Hellfire v1.02 patch, Ulmo's Gillian Stash and Diablo Clicker) are all part of Marsh's Unofficial Hellfire mod (which includes v1.01 built-in), which you can download here when Khanduras isn't working:
http://thehellmod.ucoz.ru/Downloads/Mods...00-102.zip (File size about 833kb)

-----

For the latest DirectX wrapper that should fix compatibility issues with newer operating systems, I highly recommend this:
http://www.strangebytes.com/index.php/pr...a-patch=60 (Scroll to the bottom for the download)

-----

The other half of the contents of qualakon's package are all contained in two mods of mine, which you can get from these other threads in this same forum:
Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5
Character graphics Fix Pack v1.1

-----

Finally, with all of these packages unzipped into your Hellfire directory, you have the equivalent of a newer version of qualakon's package. However, you will probably encounter errors trying to start Hellfire complaining that the CD is missing. That's because Marsh's mod, by default, has PlugUlmo's loader configured to run the game from the hard drive instead of the CD. To fix this, you need to decide which way you would prefer to run it (Hard drive makes loading screens much faster, and eliminates a lot of mid-game pauses and stutters), then take the following steps:

Belix Wrote:To run from your drive/folder: Copy DIABDAT.MPQ off of the Diablo CD (not Hellfire!) into the Hellfire directory where Loader.exe is. You should now be able to run the game and apply the modifications.

To run from the CD: Edit 'PlugUlmo.ini' in the Hellfire directory with a text editor, and change the following two entries:
Disable_CD_protection=YES --> Disable_CD_protection=NO
use_DIABDAT_from_HD=YES --> use_DIABDAT_from_HD=NO

Hope you enjoy the game. If you have any problems, technical or otherwise, feel free to come back and mention them in the appropriate places, and I'll try to help:

For technical problems getting Hellfire to run, the best place to read/post right now is:
Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide

For issues or comments specifically with Hellfire v1.02.A5 (my latest version) or getting it to run, come over here:
Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5