USA and Britain's contingency plans for a zombie onslaught
How to deal with undead chickens, space invaders, zombies and VEGETARIANS.

Quote: in the event of an apocalypse brought about by an army of the undead, the Pentagon has a plan in order to 'preserve the sanctity of human life' among all the 'non-zombie humans.'

The country's contingency plans for a zombie onslaught emerged in from an unclassified document, obtained by Foreign Policy magazine, called 'CONOP 8888' - otherwise known as 'Counter-Zombie Dominance'.

Quote:In 2012 Britain's contingency plans for a zombie onslaught emerged in a response to an enquiry from a member of the public.

A Freedom of Information request has shown the surprising level of readiness for the eventuality.

The Ministry of Defence would not lead efforts to plan for such a horror attack or deal with the aftermath, reported by the Daily Telegraph, because that role would rest with the Cabinet Office, which co-ordinates emergency planning for the Government.

The MoD replied to the FoI request: 'In the event of an apocalyptic incident (e.g. zombies), any plans to rebuild and return England to its pre-attack glory would be led by the Cabinet Office, and thus any pre-planning activity would also take place there.

'The Ministry of Defence's role in any such event would be to provide military support to the civil authorities, not take the lead.

'Consequently the Ministry of Defence holds no information on this matter.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z31s0YBUzQ
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(05-16-2014, 09:50 AM)Alram Wrote: How to deal with undead chickens, space invaders, zombies and VEGETARIANS.

Quote: in the event of an apocalypse brought about by an army of the undead, the Pentagon has a plan in order to 'preserve the sanctity of human life' among all the 'non-zombie humans.'

The country's contingency plans for a zombie onslaught emerged in from an unclassified document, obtained by Foreign Policy magazine, called 'CONOP 8888' - otherwise known as 'Counter-Zombie Dominance'.

Quote:In 2012 Britain's contingency plans for a zombie onslaught emerged in a response to an enquiry from a member of the public.

A Freedom of Information request has shown the surprising level of readiness for the eventuality.

The Ministry of Defence would not lead efforts to plan for such a horror attack or deal with the aftermath, reported by the Daily Telegraph, because that role would rest with the Cabinet Office, which co-ordinates emergency planning for the Government.

The MoD replied to the FoI request: 'In the event of an apocalyptic incident (e.g. zombies), any plans to rebuild and return England to its pre-attack glory would be led by the Cabinet Office, and thus any pre-planning activity would also take place there.

'The Ministry of Defence's role in any such event would be to provide military support to the civil authorities, not take the lead.

'Consequently the Ministry of Defence holds no information on this matter.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z31s0YBUzQ

My ultra super serious response 'No Fun Allowed, Ever!11' is, why did they write 'this plan is not intended as joke'?

Is that a Nixonian ' I am not a crook' admission? Or a 'I only smoked crack when I was in a drunken stupor'? How did this RealPolitik doublespeak infect Zombie defense planning and strategy?

But on a completely absolutely positively serious moment. I am an adherent of the school of thought that says, "If you are prepared for a Zombie Apocalypse, you're ready for almost anything". And it's corrolary, "If you're -only- prepared for a Zombie Apocalypse, you're ready for nothing."

A shotgun, a cabin inna woods, and cans of beans are really only short term solutions IMO. Long term, a truly zombie proof\resistant society, is a society that is resilient to other types of threats and disasters as well.

Vegetarian chicken zombies on the other hand. That's just a mind searing nightmare crafted by an Eldritch God. I doubt there is much sense in crafting a defense plan against that, no universe can realistically withstand such horrors. At least the human known universe at this time.

I guess it's possible to try to come up with a defense plan against Veggie Chicken Z's, just as a mental exercise. But that's about it.