Favorite keyboard?
I've decided to replace my keyboard with a Logitech G510s. My current one has some keys (particularly left shift) that are getting hard to press. More like there is much resistance, then it gives suddenly. Annoying, and feels dangerous when gaming as I often rely on keyboard accuracy.

Am I being ignorant or biased on the G510s? It seems a good choice for the price. What is your favorite keyboard?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I have a G110 which has served me pretty well. Definitely the best keyboard I've ever had.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I use Compaq keyboards. When Compaq went under I bought a case at closeout prices. Since they don't seem to wear out I use them for gifts and party favors.

They seem perfect for my needs. I particularly like that there is no Windows key to hit by mistake and die.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I use a Logitech Access 600 keyboard. It's a fairly standard keyboard, but I like it because it has a rotating volume knob.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-00002...B000O656FE
Best one I've ever had and continue to use, despite no firmware updates since Windows XP making some features obsolete without AutoHotKey:

Microsoft Office Keyboard
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I would look into a mechanical keyboard if you're particular about the key pressure.

Personally I'm using a Filco Ninja, but I've heard good things about Ducky Shine too.
(06-12-2014, 02:27 PM)kandrathe Wrote: What is your favorite keyboard?

I'm using a KeyTronic Model-M clone with manufacturing date 1990. Still a treasure after all these years. I had to get an adapter for it when I built a new pc this spring, though.

-Lem
I too am a fan of mechanical keyboards, but you'll want to try the keys out if you can. They all 'feel' different and some are more 'clicky' or silent. Basically, you have options beyond just normal membrane keyboards.
I have an ASUS laptop. It has a backlit keyboard. I was looking at it a couple days ago and noticed one of those alt function icons on a key (or so was my first thought). I couldn't figure out what it was so I got up close and personal to see it better. It was on the W key. I had worn through the opaque coating on the key and the glow portion of the keycap was showing through. Game much? Blush

Has anyone tried using a full size USB keyboard with a laptop? The only moving it does is back and forth from the side table to my lap so it wouldn't be plugged and unplugged for packing up. I would be interested in a mechanical with nice feel, but I'm afraid it might be too thick making it hard to rest my hands while using it. I would think an add on keyboard would be cheaper than having a tech replace the current keyboard.

[edit] Hmm, I didn't realize how super simple it is to replace this keyboard. The question still stands. The keyboard does have decent feel, for a membrane, but I have wanted the feel of a mechanical for a long time.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I just bought an AZIO L70 keyboard because I saw it on sale for $25, and I love it. It's got my required volume knob, and feels very sturdy.

[Image: l70-usb-backlit-gaming-keyboard-kb501.jpg]
I like Unicomp keyboards. They have a fairly clicky feel. Can't beat an old Model M, of course.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Mechanical keyboards feel much nicer to type on and also often sound nicer, which makes typing and gaming very easy and comfortable.
I can highly recommend steelseries and hyperx for Mechanical keyboards.
https://pctechtest.com/best-gaming-keyboards