Steam Summer Sale 2014
Just a heads up, the Steam Summer Sale has begun. Glee!

As usual:
  • Don't buy anything unless it's a daily deal or a flash deal until the last day of the event (June 30th), because games get extra special prices on those deals. If you don't get a flash or daily deal on what you want, then buy away on the 30th.
  • You can (and should) buy a game as a gift, send it to your inventory, and use it as a gift to give to people or to trade in the future.
  • Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. You can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an alert if they're up for a special deal.
  • Lock your wallet up and throw away the key.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Oh noes.
(06-20-2014, 07:31 PM)DeeBye Wrote: Oh noes.
It's killer on the sons allowances...

Son #1 got Sins of the Solar Empire for 80% off (list $40) + 2 DLC for another $5.

My younger son picked up the entire Worms collection for $18.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Is The Stanley Parable any good? The trailers look interesting.

edit: Purchased the Bioshock Triple Pack for $15. I played a bit of the first one some time ago and really liked it.
Steam isn't the only summer sale in town, gog.com has had their summer sale going on for a few days longer. Sure they tend to be older games, but it's worth poking at, as there is overlap between their inventory and what's on Steam.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(06-23-2014, 12:08 AM)Kevin Wrote: Steam isn't the only summer sale in town, gog.com has had their summer sale going on for a few days longer. Sure they tend to be older games, but it's worth poking at, as there is overlap between their inventory and what's on Steam.
Thanks Kevin. I will keep an eye out, and let my boys know to watch as well. They like to get the most out of their pittance of an allowance. I happen to know their dad is a real tightwad.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(06-23-2014, 12:08 AM)Kevin Wrote: Steam isn't the only summer sale in town, gog.com has had their summer sale going on for a few days longer. Sure they tend to be older games, but it's worth poking at, as there is overlap between their inventory and what's on Steam.

Wow! They have a buttload (a measure of quantity recognized by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) of games, going back to my gaming heyday, representing literally years of gaming time. One little bit of sweet I'd like to point out, especially for fans of the Diablo series, is Nox. For the price of a six pack of soda ($2.99), you should get many hours of play. The only reason I haven't grabbed it (yet) is because I'm afraid it will trigger a case of "nobody can buy just one". Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I just picked up the visually stunning, RPG sp/coop puzzle game, "Brothers" for my sons. $3 today.

Oh and GOG just raised the stakes. They will have 4 free games today, mixed in with the flash sales. Right now its Still Life 2 for next 40 minutes or so. The free game is just in the list of the regular sales as they want to you keep coming back and having to look at the flash sales to find it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Got it. Thanks Kevin. I didn't notice the free sign. I can afford free. Smile

P.s. Also for 2 more hours Torchlight is free. (5:30 pm CDT )
P.s.s. I think the first one we missed was Omertà. Which I've never heard much about. Should be one more today.

(06-22-2014, 03:01 AM)DeeBye Wrote: edit: Purchased the Bioshock Triple Pack for $15. I played a bit of the first one some time ago and really liked it.

I pulled the trigger too early. Now it's $10.19. Oh well, I don't regret it.
Not all the deals are great deals...

[Image: tLV2ZAC.jpg]

Oh! You wanted trains with that?

Is it me or has this steam sale seemed lackluster?
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(06-28-2014, 06:51 AM)Lissa Wrote: Is it me or has this steam sale seemed lackluster?

It's been fairly blah, but I got some good deals on games I've been meaning to pick up for a while now.

I ended up getting The Walking Dead Season 1, Borderlands 2, and Orcs Must Die 2. I think I'm done.
It's over. GG.

I ended up picking up Deadlight, State of Decay, and FTL for sub $5. And grabbed Divinity: Original Sin for 20% on the last day sale.

I have to say, so far Divinity is really fun. It has some really interesting Co-op implications which make playing with a friend on skype very fun.
I got Skyrim for $4.99. Fun game. Enjoying it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
The summer sale is long over but I have to mention Fallout: New Vegas. Bought it near the end of the sale and I'm still discovering new content. It's not Fallout 3--it incorporates a lot of stuff from Van Buren and most of the design team (Josh Sawyer and Chris Avellone) had a hand in it. When it goes on sale this winter, get it.

Torchlight 1 and 2 go on sale frequently on both Steam and GOG, for that Diablo-y goodness.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
(07-31-2014, 06:14 PM)Count Duckula Wrote: The summer sale is long over but I have to mention Fallout: New Vegas.

Welcome back!

I am looking forward to Wasteland II, which should be released shortly. Wasteland was what I was into before the release of Diablo.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
o/

I Kickstarted that and I'm tempted to take the official release day off work. I thought about joining the open beta on Steam but I'm leery of all the open access/alpha build/open beta stuff floating around now. I pay for games to play the release version, not for the privilege of being a bug tester. Tongue
UPDATE: Spamblaster.