Upgrade complete
I finally got all my new parts and upgraded my PC. The installation went well, with no space issues or awkwardly placed screws, and everything booted perfectly first time. I had to change a few of the parts that I had originally intended to get due to availability, but this hasn't affected the performance, just the ease of overclocking.

This is what I ended up with:

Motherboard: MSI X99a Godlike Gaming

[Image: Mo_Bo_box.jpg] [Image: Mo_Bo.jpg]

CPU: Intel i7-5930K

[Image: CPU_box.jpg] [Image: CPU.jpg]

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i GT

[Image: Hydro_box.jpg] [Image: Hydro.jpg]

RAM: 32Gb G.SKILL Ripjaw4 2800MHz DDR4

[Image: RAM_box.jpg] [Image: RAM.jpg]

Graphics Card: Gigabyte 6Gb GeForce GTX 980ti

[Image: GPU_box.jpg] [Image: GPU.jpg]

I hope to have a chance to sit down sometime this week and tweak the OC, but even without any, I've been able to do UHD gaming on maximum settings with everything looking nice and smooth.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Yeah, but can it run Crysis?
Very solid system! How much did it run you?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(08-02-2015, 07:01 PM)Taem Wrote: Very solid system! How much did it run you?

It was around $3,000, in AUD.

-W.C. Fields
Very nice! I guess the 980Ti with the sealed cooler was out of stock? There doesn't seem to be any supply for them here in the U.S.

My new build is kind of a lite version of yours with a 5820k, cheaper mobo, slower RAM. 7 years in between builds so it was like starting over again, but so far everything seems to have worked out OK.
(08-03-2015, 07:10 PM)Nystul Wrote: Very nice! I guess the 980Ti with the sealed cooler was out of stock? There doesn't seem to be any supply for them here in the U.S.

Unfortunately yes. A few sites were still erroneously reporting that they had stock, which was pretty annoying. But as it is, my case has pretty good airflow and the difference in performance is probably only 2 or 3 fps.

-W.C. Fields