Vanity Fair v. Tinder -- Modern Dating?
I am not dating. I really didn't even do it much when I was single back in the early 1980's. It always seemed awkward, and never a great way to meet people since you were always on your best behavior. You don't really get to "know" people until you are comfortable letting down your guards to reveal the inner you. Is the "Date" in jeopardy of dying? I actually think our society is in turmoil about the process and purposes of long term relationships in general.

My answer: Dating has always been a catastrophe, and the internet, as always, accelerates it.

The Vanity Fair article is; Tinder and The Dawn of the Dating Apocalypse
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(08-14-2015, 03:54 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am not dating. I really didn't even do it much when I was single back in the early 1980's. It always seemed awkward, and never a great way to meet people since you were always on your best behavior. You don't really get to "know" people until you are comfortable letting down your guards to reveal the inner you. Is the "Date" in jeopardy of dying? I actually think our society is in turmoil about the process and purposes of long term relationships in general.

My answer: Dating has always been a catastrophe, and the internet, as always, accelerates it.

The Vanity Fair article is; Tinder and The Dawn of the Dating Apocalypse

I thought that article was ridiculous, rediscovering the wheel. There has always been a shallow hookup culture that suits some people at some times. If it's accelerated lately, I don' t see how that matters. So someone hooks up with fifty instead of twenty people in a year? What does that change? Nothing, as far as I can tell.

-Jester