Is it too early to call it?
Why not just vote for Cthulhu, never settle for the lesser evil ever again...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-04-2016, 08:36 PM)Taem Wrote: Trump vs Hilary? Seems pretty much set in stone at this point.

A lot can still happen, at the time of this writing Trump has not picked a VP and the official first debate hasn't even happened yet. But I will place my bet for the long odds 10:1 payoff on Trump. Nothing personal or political, just strictly as a bettor on a game.

Taem Wrote:I can understand all the hate for Trump because he's a doer, not a pleaser, but why all the hate for Hilary? I can't find anything she's done that would make me specifically say to myself, "this would be a terrible and weak leader." Between the two, who do you feel will win, why?

IMO Hillary's problem is not of weakness, actually far from it and almost the opposite. It's what she would do with power that can turn people away. IE: Statecraft at the highest level always involves dealing with and dealing out lethal force. That said, "We came, we saw, he died, hehehehe" is probably not the best image to convey for a potential leader with access to a large amount of power. (even if the one that got dead'ed was someone like Qadaffi) The thought of someone like Palin anywhere near "The" button was probably enough to sink McCain\Palin. I think that unease is similar with Hillary. Even TheDonald had to walk back some of his "the troops will do whatever I tell them to do" type of rhetoric.

Anyway on to the betting placement, I will place another marker on the 5:1 odds of Sanders being picked as Hillary's VP. HClinton\Sanders for the 2016 dems slot, calling it right here.

Though to be fair, Sanders didn't do to bad and held his own in this debate though.

Ted Cruz's campaign video was also pretty good before he suspended his campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v75wCTMZoSY
BLR does great coverage work, far better than most mainstream media. :^)
Quote:The Libertarian Party again nominated former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson as its presidential candidate Sunday.
----------

I am fiscally conservative in spades and I am socially liberal in spades. I would cut back on military interventions that have the unintended consequence of making us less safe in the world.
Johnson
https://www.yahoo.com/digest/20160529/li...t-10937474
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I think I'm in for Cthulu 2016. Why vote for a lesser evil?

[Image: 1Uv1duJ]

https://cthulhuforamerica.com/

Death panels WILL be a thing again.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Lol, where ever did you find that image? I tried to find a funny cthulu meme or image when that deities name was first uttered in this thread, but failed.

Edit: completely unrelated, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only H.P. Lovecraft fan on these boards. One of my favorite things to do is play his stories transcribed via audio book and listen to them when I'm jogging. A master storyteller!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(05-04-2016, 08:36 PM)Taem Wrote: I can understand all the hate for Trump because he's a doer,

Why would people hate someone because he is a doer?
The issue with Trump is not that he is a doer. He is one of those entrepreneur who actually doesn't add anything to the economy.....he is just 100% busy with trying to become personally financial successful as much as he can. No that on its own would be despicable but not the worst. The worst is that he thinks that he is a good person because he was lucky in business, and he thinks everyone could have done the same (which of course (like the american dream) goes against the rules of capitalism. Out of this idea he thinks he can make any comment, and have any opinion he wants.

And on one hand he is right. Now is the age of people being scared of intellectuals. Facts are stupid, and thinking about things is weakness.

So more than the person Trump, my worries are with the fact that people would actually vote for someone like him. If he can get the votes....good for him....