September News/Discussion
September 2 News

~~~
To start things off on the right foot, a couple of friends decided to see just how in shape their toons were, and try to run everywhere like their toons do. The result? The realization that our toons are in really good shape.

Zarhym delivers a massive post detailing how raid buffing, debuffing and stacking is going to go. Changes to what will stack with what, what buff overrides others, and how they all apply to each other. Huge changes here.

For anyone interested in the ins and outs of online leadership, WoWInsider's "Officers' Quarters" column often has some good advice in it. In the most recent one, the author talked about some previous columns, and replies to replies generated by them. A lot of good basic info this one.

Folks like ingame titles...and now Blizzard delivers with a slew of "Server First" style titles for folks to win. First of a class to 80. First of a race. First to get a profession to 450, etc. Tons of new titles abound.

We were talking in Guild the other day about a topic I want more thoughts on. What would WoW be like today, if PvP and PvE had 100% separated, dedicated servers? If the only way to pvp in WoW was on a server like the Arena Tournament server? What are some buffs or nerfs that wouldn't have likely happened due to being able to have essentially 2 games that didn't overlap? We came up with a pretty impressive list. What do you think would be different?
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I read about another Achievement, 100,000 lifetime HKs on the battlegrounds, but don't remember the source. I am gathering HKs now because the reward should be good (someone told me it was a chestplate) and not many will bother to get it.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:I read about another Achievement, 100,000 lifetime HKs on the battlegrounds, but don't remember the source. I am gathering HKs now because the reward should be good (someone told me it was a chestplate) and not many will bother to get it.

Is there a comprehensive list of Achievements and their rewards? I sure would like to know that I'm not wasting my time.

mmo-champion has a list of every enabled Achievement in the game. There is a 100k HK achievement, but it does not reward a chestplate. At present, it rewards nothing.

The design intent is for Achievements to reward nothing but fluff, like titles and tabards. Don't expect that a real, substantive piece of equipment reward is forthcoming.
Quote:mmo-champion has a list of every enabled Achievement in the game. There is a 100k HK achievement, but it does not reward a chestplate. At present, it rewards nothing.

The design intent is for Achievements to reward nothing but fluff, like titles and tabards. Don't expect that a real, substantive piece of equipment reward is forthcoming.

I didn't check that list, I'm assuming they did some data mining because not all achievements show up in the achievement panel, some are "hidden" until you get another achievement done or until you just happen to do it then it shows up. So unless they data mined it's possible beta testers haven't actually done all the enabled ones to see them.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I didn't check that list, I'm assuming they did some data mining because not all achievements show up in the achievement panel, some are "hidden" until you get another achievement done or until you just happen to do it then it shows up. So unless they data mined it's possible beta testers haven't actually done all the enabled ones to see them.

Yes, the entire list is datamined.
I just found the entire list so far:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?tab=0&page=777

No rewards are mentioned aside from APs (Achievement Points, my guess).

I will continue farming HKs, and persue the Admiral's Hat, a rep Achievement.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:Yes, the entire list is datamined.

Cool, figured it would have to be.

After doing the booterang quest for the first time today (yes that's right I've never really cared about netherwing rep it's the only TBC rep that I don't have someone exalted with) I think I have to suggest a new achievement to Blizzard.

Australian Idiot - Get 20 booterangs to follow you around. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I will continue farming HKs, and persue the Admiral's Hat, a rep Achievement.
So when do we start on the Admiral's Hat?

And does Roquefort, my mage, get extra credit for having two pandas? I suspect very few gnomes have more than one.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:So when do we start on the Admiral's Hat?

And does Roquefort, my mage, get extra credit for having two pandas? I suspect very few gnomes have more than one.

My warrior has two zerglings.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
September 3 News

~~~
Blizzard has added Training Dummies. They are statted out like normal and boss mobs at 80, so you can test cycles and damage output without going back to Dr.Boom and hassling that poor goblin. This is a great addition.

Gamnin releases wave two of the Rogue changes, and there are a lot of them.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:My warrior has two zerglings.
Yes, but is your warrior a gnome?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:Yes, but is your warrior a gnome?

No. My warrior is a cow. Why the hell would I want to be a gnome?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Quote:No. My warrior is a cow. Why the hell would I want to be a gnome?

Because you secretly like being punted by Taurens.:)
Quote:No. My warrior is a cow. Why the hell would I want to be a gnome?
QFT!
Quote:So when do we start on the Admiral's Hat?
As someone who just went through this grind on Stormrage due to the upcoming achievement, I can offer a few tips:

The most important thing is to get a group of 5 people willing to do it. With 5 people, the grind of killing Booty Bay bruisers at 25 rep a piece solo for 30-40 hours turns into a fun evening of laying waste to the town of Booty Bay for 3-3.5 hours. Bring a healer and some AoE. Tank is not necessary, although it will speed things up to have a Druid or Paladin tank. If you had a group of the ideal composition (healer, Pally tank, Mage, Warlock, Mage) the whole grind could be done in about 2 hours, I'd bet.

Why 5 people? Because the rep gains start to take a hit with more than 5. By the time you get to 10 people, you're only getting 1-5 rep per bruiser kill.

If you just want to get the hat and then get your rep back with the goblins, it's a pretty quick process. Of course, you'll thrash your rep you just got with the Bloodsails, but oh well. Buy/farm a whole ton of linen and turn them in outside of Ratchet and you'll be able to buy Noggenfoggers again in no time. :)

The best spawn points for bruisers are the bank, the general area outside of the inn where the fishing extravaganza npcs appear on Sundays (and you can't attack them, boooo), the merchant row, and Baron Revilgaz. With AoE pulls, you can easily plow through 15-20 bruisers at once and really rack up rep ultra-fast.

As MongoJerry put it in his fabulous Yarr! article so many years ago, the hardest kill is the first one, as you ask yourself "do I really want to do this?" After that, it's easy.

The most fun about the whole process is people's reaction to it. You'll have crowds watching you, and some will even follow you around. The whispers are great fun, as people ask "why are you doing this" and you can come up with inventive responses. Sometimes it really feels like you're at war with the town, when you pull dozens of bruisers...and look for the occasional member of the opposite faction who tries to take potshots at your group so you can slaughter them too for fun.

It's so worth it for the pirate outfit. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
How to Quit a Guild

As a GM I don't negotiate with Terrorists. >.>
Quote:How to Quit a Guild

Bah, I can't look at photobucket images at work.:(
Quote:How to Quit a Guild

Some people take this game way, way too seriously.

Maybe they should start running World of Warcraft Anonymous in major cities. "Hi, my name is Legolassxxlol, and I am an addict."
Quote:If you just want to get the hat and then get your rep back with the goblins, it's a pretty quick process. Of course, you'll thrash your rep you just got with the Bloodsails, but oh well. Buy/farm a whole ton of linen and turn them in outside of Ratchet and you'll be able to buy Noggenfoggers again in no time. :)

If you don't mind taking your time with it, you can AE the pirates in Tanaris or near Ratchet; they give rep with Ratchet and Gadgetzan respectively, but there's spillover to the entire Steamwheedle Cartel.

It'll take a lot of kills, though...
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:If you don't mind taking your time with it, you can AE the pirates in Tanaris or near Ratchet; they give rep with Ratchet and Gadgetzan respectively, but there's spillover to the entire Steamwheedle Cartel.

It'll take a lot of kills, though...

I understand that the hat quest now requires hated rep with booty bay, so you'd have to slaughter these guys after repairing your steamwheedle rep
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue