Looking for fellow duelers....
Hello everyone, just seeing if there are any PvP'ers left in this game. People are still keeping the game alive but one of the most exciting elements of D1 is PvP. Its a nice change of pace from the usual PvM/Variants that people play, and can be a great test of a persons skill using the classes (albeit in a different way). I dont see too many duelers left though, unfortuantly. If you are into PvP and want to test your skills or just practice for fun, im usually in USA East, channel Diablo LE.

all my main chars are 50th lvl with top notch gear, so I would prefer a fellow high lvl dueler with decent equipment so things are a bit balanced (preferably clvl 42+). I duel with the following:

FireIceTaloN: Rogue 50
BadWarrior: Warrior 50
Genesis[Arty]: Sorceror (arty) 50

Generally I much prefer to duel as rogue or warr, but i can bring the Sorc out too upon request:)

Rules/Preferences/Standards/Ethics:

I usually prefer the standard 8 pot, guardian drop, offensive spells allowed rules....as opposed to the Europeon no pots/no offensive spells rules, which IMO makes dueling alot more bland and isnt a true test of a players abilities (killing a warr on horizontal walk with invisible fireballs and he cant pot is HARDLY a real duel). I like a long challenging duel where both players move great and end up using all or almost all 8 of their pots. However, if you dont like the standard 8 pot Guardian rule let me know and we can arrange something else that we can both agree on. Generally, I forbid elemental weapons in my duels WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION of warrior vs rogue duels, where rogue may use Merciless Burning or Thunder bows, given that the warrior is made notice of this ahead of time. I dont use them in any other kind of duel, and I dont expect my opponents to either. Also, swaping gear in the middle of a duel is absolutly prohibited. Doing this is bad for 2 reasons: First, your opponent may not know this and may have to requip accordingly also if you change your set up. Second, it creates unncessary lag, and there is already plenty of lag in PvP, often too much as it is. If you wish to use a different set up you must equip it before the duel begins and make the other player aware so they may setup accordingly. Also, Sorcerors, like Warriors and Rogues, MUST have their daggers crossed (player attack on) at ALL TIMES during duels, regardless of who they are dueling. Duels should be fair and balanced at all times. Last but not least, I will do same class duels upon request, but I much prefer interclass duels whenever possible. Warrior vs (bow) Rogue in particular is my favorite, from either side. Warrior vs Sorc (again from either side) is also great. Rogue vs Sorc is ok, Rogue side is certainly preferable to me but again I will duel as either upon request.

Location is another factor. For years the standard arena has been lvl 1 in the 4 columns arena, but many duelers the past couple years have made Quad 1 on lvl 16 the arena of choice. Both have their differences and require different tactics involved, but overall I think I prefer the Quad 1 on lvl 16. This makes for a wide open duel where you have to REALLY move good (regardless of what class you are dueling as) as opposed to relying on somewhat cheap tactics involving the columns on lvl 1. But if you wish to duel on lvl 1, that is fine too.

Let me know here or just check in Diablo LE, USA East. Look forward to hearing from you and possibly getting some great duels going. This post is primarily for PvP but I do love PvM also and will gladly do hell/hell co-ops as well.

~FIT
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Quote:I usually prefer the standard 8 pot, guardian drop, offensive spells allowed rules....as opposed to the Europeon no pots/no offensive spells rules, which IMO makes dueling alot more bland and isnt a true test of a players abilities (killing a warr on horizontal walk with invisible fireballs and he cant pot is HARDLY a real duel).

Thats a lie. European rules were allways 8 pots/offensive spells exept of polish duel rules. Poland was never part of the european d1 community.
Quote:Thats a lie. European rules were allways 8 pots/offensive spells exept of polish duel rules. Poland was never part of the european d1 community.

Well, by definition, they are, as Poland is in fact a Europeon country. You are getting into the whole politics of it now, which is not the point of this thread.

Its been my experience that the dueling rules seem to vary from individual to individual, especially in the Europeon communities. But whatever the case is, lets agree to some some rules, if 8 pot/offensive spells works for you, great...and lets get some nice duels going! Its time to bring some life back into this great game, and this is one excellent way to do it IMO. PvP is as much an art form as anything else in this game, whether it be Ironman, playing LOL, Purist, Hardcore, or whatever.

Diablo LE, USA east.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Hello.
I am thinking about starting to play D1 again. Been a while, but I think that I could freshen up with my dueling skills. I wasn't all that bad many years ago. I know your post is somehow old, but if you are still interested, im all for it =)
(That is, if I can get my old chars back. They *should* sit in one of my old comps)
Cheers,
Risacu
Quote:Hello.
I am thinking about starting to play D1 again. Been a while, but I think that I could freshen up with my dueling skills. I wasn't all that bad many years ago. I know your post is somehow old, but if you are still interested, im all for it =)
(That is, if I can get my old chars back. They *should* sit in one of my old comps)
Cheers,
Risacu

Heya Ris....nice duels the other day. Couldnt touch your tank mage with my warr, lol. I guess he'll have to give your arty a try, if that doesnt work out, guess ill just stick with rogue since I seem to have got better results with her. I could use the practice with warrior though. Maybe ill get a chance to duel your rogue also, if you still have her? Take it easy.

Quote:Hello everyone, just seeing if there are any PvP'ers left in this game. People are still keeping the game alive but one of the most exciting elements of D1 is PvP. Its a nice change of pace from the usual PvM/Variants that people play, and can be a great test of a persons skill using the classes (albeit in a different way). I dont see too many duelers left though, unfortuantly. If you are into PvP and want to test your skills or just practice for fun, im usually in USA East, channel Diablo LE.

all my main chars are 50th lvl with top notch gear, so I would prefer a fellow high lvl dueler with decent equipment so things are a bit balanced (preferably clvl 42+). I duel with the following:

FireIceTaloN: Rogue 50
EmeraldTaloN: Rogue 50
SirTaloN: Warrior 50
Genesis[HA]: Sorceror (arty) 50

Generally I much prefer to duel as rogue or warr, but i can bring the Sorc out too upon request:)

Rules/Preferences/Standards/Ethics:

I usually prefer the standard 8 pot, guardian drop, offensive spells allowed rules....as opposed to the Europeon no pots/no offensive spells rules, which IMO makes dueling alot more bland and isnt a true test of a players abilities (killing a warr on horizontal walk with invisible fireballs and he cant pot is HARDLY a real duel). I like a long challenging duel where both players move great and end up using all or almost all 8 of their pots. However, if you dont like the standard 8 pot Guardian rule let me know and we can arrange something else that we can both agree on. Generally, I forbid elemental weapons in my duels WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION of warrior vs rogue duels, where rogue may use Merciless Burning or Thunder bows, given that the warrior is made notice of this ahead of time. I dont use them in any other kind of duel, and I dont expect my opponents to either. Also, swaping gear in the middle of a duel is absolutly prohibited. Doing this is bad for 2 reasons: First, your opponent may not know this and may have to requip accordingly also if you change your set up. Second, it creates unncessary lag, and there is already plenty of lag in PvP, often too much as it is. If you wish to use a different set up you must equip it before the duel begins and make the other player aware so they may setup accordingly. Also, Sorcerors, like Warriors and Rogues, MUST have their daggers crossed (player attack on) at ALL TIMES during duels, regardless of who they are dueling. Duels should be fair and balanced at all times. Last but not least, I will do same class duels upon request, but I much prefer interclass duels whenever possible. Warrior vs (bow) Rogue in particular is my favorite, from either side. Warrior vs Sorc (again from either side) is also great. Rogue vs Sorc is ok, Rogue side is certainly preferable to me but again I will duel as either upon request.

Location is another factor. For years the standard arena has been lvl 1 in the 4 columns arena, but many duelers the past couple years have made Quad 1 on lvl 16 the arena of choice. Both have their differences and require different tactics involved, but overall I think I prefer the Quad 1 on lvl 16. This makes for a wide open duel where you have to REALLY move good (regardless of what class you are dueling as) as opposed to relying on somewhat cheap tactics involving the columns on lvl 1. But if you wish to duel on lvl 1, that is fine too.

Let me know here or just check in Diablo LE, USA East. Look forward to hearing from you and possibly getting some great duels going. This post is primarily for PvP but I do love PvM also and will gladly do hell/hell co-ops as well.

~FIT
I may be able to get a character built real quick and do a few runs for stormy, RC, KSoS, a TFoS, and 1 Emerald ring of Harmony, 1 Zod ring (non prefixed), and a few spells;)might do this sometime, and get around to dueling you, and freshen up:)see you on USEast!
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Quote:I may be able to get a character built real quick and do a few runs for stormy, RC, KSoS, a TFoS, and 1 Emerald ring of Harmony, 1 Zod ring (non prefixed), and a few spells;)might do this sometime, and get around to dueling you, and freshen up:)see you on USEast!

You can get obsidian or dragons harmony, but not Emerald. That prefix is available only on weapons, bows, shields, and staves.....cant get it on helms, jewels, or armor.

Anyway, when your char is ready, let me know. Channel Diablo LE, US East realm. Use the bot to see whos on.

Quote:You can get obsidian or dragons harmony, but not Emerald. That prefix is available only on weapons, bows, shields, and staves.....cant get it on helms, jewels, or armor.

Anyway, when your char is ready, let me know. Channel Diablo LE, US East realm. Use the bot to see whos on.
Thats for that tidbit... im still a noob to D1 even though i have played it for 4 years! well, my char should be ready in a month or so, just hold your horses until then, ok?

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Quote:You can get obsidian or dragons harmony, but not Emerald. That prefix is available only on weapons, bows, shields, and staves.....cant get it on helms, jewels, or armor.

i am Dueler(LGT) by the way.

Hey mate, we had some really nice and equal battles the other night. Was really fun !
The FFA was great aswell, great start of my little PvP comeback hehe.

I'm a swedish player, originally played on europe, i was the leader of several legit communites over there, few years ago.
Diablo LE is very similiar, didnt know places like this still existed. Cya in LE:)
http://www.SonsofAesir.tk<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

lvl50 Warrior - sA-Berre
lvl49 Sorceror - sA-Bersorc
lvl45 Warrior - sA-bErz
lvl40 Rogue - sA-RoeBear
lvl43 Pure Warrior - Steel.Knight
lvl34 LoL Warrior - Berre(LoL)
Aw yes....very nice duels indeed. Rogue is pretty tough to use in FFA duels, hehe.

You move pretty well for having only done WvW in the past. Rogues are pretty tricky for a warr at first but if we keep dueling you will have it down soon enough. WickedArrow if you see him, is another very good warrior and rogue dueler. Sorcerers are kinda cheap, with their invisible and laggy fireballs, as we saw yestarday both when I used mine and when you used yours :P

See ya in LE man. Good to seen another serious PvP player around, take care.