Suggestions needed for a computer game I can play with my wife
My wife does not like any kind of game that involves killing and/or fighting. Her preferences run to things like Tetris, Solitaire, and Jewelry King. I would be happy to play those with her, but obviously they are single person games. Non computer games like chess or checkers or card games don't work well for the two of us (because I usually win).

So can anyone think of a computer game that the two of us can play as cooperative partners that would suit my wife's taste? For the PC without the need of a game controller.

Thanks
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I would look into Minecraft (esp. modded). There are monsters that will try to hurt you, but you can do things to make it safe.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I've heard of Minecraft, but know nothing about it. I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Portal 2.

Played it with Mrs. Bolty. She's not a computer gamer at all and she loved it.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I have looked at Youtube reviews of Portal 2. Though the reviews were overwhelmingly positive, it looked like a 1st Person Shooter to me.
She really liked it, huh. What did she love about it?
Minecraft and Portal 2 were also going to be my suggestions.
(09-02-2016, 02:53 PM)Alram Wrote: I have looked at Youtube reviews of Portal 2...She really liked it, huh. What did she love about it?

It is a first person shooter, yes. It may take some time to get used to a control scheme then if she's never played one.

However, Portal 2 is fully cooperative. You MUST work together in order to solve puzzles, and it's impossible to "die." In fact, most "deaths" (aka your robot explodes and respawns) are pretty hilarious to watch and you wind up laughing at the silliness of it.

Many co-op games are "well, here's an objective the two of you can work on together I guess." Portal 2 is "here is a puzzle that will require the two of you to work together to solve, and you'll need to communicate and figure out how to go about it." It's really the ultimate co-op game unless you get into MMOs which I doubt is what you're looking for.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Mario Party on an emulator using shared keyboard; or spring for two Windows XBox controllers. Best fun co-op I've ever played. That and Mario Kart.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I found a MP online Tetris game that is free. So, we will start with that, and depending on her reaction to it I will then buy games for online play or not.