Why I think it is challenging for the government to ration our care.
(01-20-2017, 10:14 AM)kandrathe Wrote: "Sometimes, there is no gray." Meaning, what? It's a civil war already? No compromise, win or die?

It means that sometimes you have to call a spade, a spade. There are no excuses for CNN. None. There are no redeemable qualities for CNN. I'd rather watch MSNBC. At least they do not pretend that they are a real news organization.

As far as civil war.... Wake up. It's been going on for a while now. It's just the 21st century, western version, with almost no blood spilled. For now.

There are still *real* Democrats left. However, they are NOT in power in the modern Demo party. They are irrelevant in their power structure. Therefore, they themselves are irrelevant. I wish that were not the case, but it is. Period.

Traditional democratic party is dead. What is left are mostly those that do not like, respect or will stand for what the US has represented to the world for the last 100 years.

There are no more relevant Democrats with whom you can sit down and come to logical compromises with.

Until you accept it, you are not living in the real world. You might be living in a better world, but nevertheless... it is not real.
(01-20-2017, 10:14 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Come back to the light.

Best of luck to ya. You will accomplish more by pissing in the wind than trying to reason with a fascie.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(01-20-2017, 06:46 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 10:14 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Come back to the light.

Best of luck to ya. You will accomplish more by pissing in the wind than trying to reason with a fascie.

Just like any self-respecting "progressive", you throw out names and accusations without backing them up with real facts. You've called me a fascist on numerous occasions, but on what do you base your name calling? Specifics.

Now, someone can say that I've called you a communist and that is true. However, you are a self-admitted communist.

And btw, if you think that you are doing yourself any favors by your frequent foul language and name calling, you are sadly mistaken...but that's par for the course for you.

I know I've already used this one, but hey, it works in this case and it's your modus operandi:

[Image: th?id=OIP.M93334643fcc5bdf2520c581918143...=271&h=153]
(01-20-2017, 02:19 PM)Jester Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 10:14 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Simply put, people vote, counties don't. People matter, but the jurisdiction of counties does not, at least in not in state and national politics.

You're missing the deeper point, which is that real Americans don't live in New York. Except for Donald Trump. And during 9/11. But other than that, "real" America isn't the 50% that live in cities, it's the salt of the earth from the rural areas. That vote Republican.

-Jester
You are missing the larger point, Jester.
The people in "fly over country" seem to have gotten tired of the multitude of urban assholes screwing up the country: they want their turn to screw up the country. This time, some of the got off of their asses and voted.

Seems fair. In four years, I predict that the pendulum will swing again.
Notes:
1. We still didn't crack two thirds of eligible voters actually showing up ... too bad.
2. In a similar case, in 2008 more of the black voters got off of their asses and voted -- which was IMO a good thing all by itself -- but that seems to have been a spike rather than the sign of a trend. A shame, but at least there's hope.
------------------------

In response to kandrathe's OP, a government that can give you what you want is powerful enough to take it all away from you. The balance point you seek is ... well, that's hard. It's also a moving target.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
If you don't want to be called a fascie, then perhaps you should drop your fascist views and apologetics that you constantly express here then. But its too late for you to do that, the cat is already out of the bag.

FireIceTalon Wrote:Their speech is weaponized, and it is so in a racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, ageist, xenophobic, nationalistic, militaristic direction. They are organizing for the most hierarchical, coercive, repressive elements of capitalist society to be seen not only as necessary, but even as heroic.

^^I would say your politics well fits most of that bill. If you aren't a full blown fascist, you certainly have a soft spot for many of its ideals, which is just as bad. You constantly spew views which are racist and xenophobic, you are ableist, you are extremely chauvinistic and nationalist, you voted for Trump who is, if not an outright fascist, is as close to being one as you can get, and you use Breitbart - a blatantly fascist, white nationalist media organization - as your source of news. So yea, you well qualify as deserving the fascist label.

(01-20-2017, 07:25 PM)Ashock Wrote: you are a self-admitted communist.

Indeed. Yes, I am anti-capitalist, anti-American, anti-fascist, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-ableist, anti-imperialist pro choice, pro-commie pinko scum. And quite frankly, I will wear that or whatever other communist related label you wish to pin on me, as a badge of honor. I make absolutely no apologies about being a communist. I'm perfectly content with my politics.

Quote:And btw, if you think that you are doing yourself any favors

I don't. I'm not trying to win points with anyone here, especially not from you. It's just that I don't care one way or the other, especially in the case of fascists. Since when did communists care what fascists thought about us? We never have nor ever will give a single fuck what you think about us. We are not here to negotiate, compromise, or reason with your ilk. We are here to sweep them into the ash heap of history where they fucking belong. Fascists deserve absolutely nothing less, there is absolutely no redeeming quality to your ideology whatsoever and the world will be a much, much better place when its gone. Forever.

Quote:by your frequent foul language and name calling, you are sadly mistaken...but that's par for the course for you.

I don't say anything that is any worse than your despicably chauvinistic, racist drivel that you constantly spew.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(01-21-2017, 04:46 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: If you don't want to be called a fascie, then perhaps you should drop your fascist views and apologetics that you constantly express here then. But its too late for you to do that, the cat is already out of the bag.

FireIceTalon Wrote:Their speech is weaponized, and it is so in a racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, ageist, xenophobic, nationalistic, militaristic direction. They are organizing for the most hierarchical, coercive, repressive elements of capitalist society to be seen not only as necessary, but even as heroic.

^^I would say your politics well fits most of that bill. If you aren't a full blown fascist, you certainly have a soft spot for many of its ideals, which is just as bad. You constantly spew views which are racist and xenophobic, you are ableist, you are extremely chauvinistic and nationalist, you voted for Trump who is, if not an outright fascist, is as close to being one as you can get, and you use Breitbart - a blatantly fascist media organization - as your source of news.

(01-20-2017, 07:25 PM)Ashock Wrote: you are a self-admitted communist.

Indeed. Yes, I am anti-capitalist, anti-American, anti-fascist, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-ableist, anti-imperialist pro choice, pro-commie pinko scum. And quite frankly, I will wear that or whatever other communist related label you wish to pin on me, as a badge of honor. I make absolutely no apologies about being a communist. I'm perfectly content with my politics.

Quote:And btw, if you think that you are doing yourself any favors

I don't. It's just that I don't care one way or the other, especially in the case of fascists. Since when did communists care what fascists thought about us? We never have nor ever will give a single fuck what you think about us. We are not here to negotiate, compromise, or reason with your ilk. We are here to sweep them into the ash heap of history where they fucking belong. Fascists deserve absolutely nothing less, there is absolutely no redeeming quality to your ideology whatsoever and the world will be a better place when its gone.

Quote:by your frequent foul language and name calling, you are sadly mistaken...but that's par for the course for you.

I don't say anything that is any worse than your despicably chauvinistic, racist drivel that you constantly spew.

I asked for specifics but you are still just spewing garbage out, because you have nothing. Please see image at the end of my last post.

Believe me, I am not trying to make you see my point of view. You are frankly too stupid for that and I am under no illusions about your mindframe. I'm going to let you in on a little secret.... I actually don't care about you calling me a fascist. I frankly don't care about anything you say at all. You are irrelevant. To me, you are basically a smear on my shoe.

I do so, so others can see you for what you are. I'm hopeful that at least some have and if they have not, they are too stupid for me to care. Interestingly enough, even though you will naturally deny it, you sound EXACTLY like most of the so-called progressives sound, which is also quiet poignant.

Finally, and you might deny that also, I have absolutely no doubt that if you or someone like you were in power, you'd have absolutely no qualms about at least jailing me and most likely eliminating me, my family and my friends. I understand you, trust me.

Hopefully, a few others here who did not before, do so also.... now.

Thanks for being such a helpful subject of my demonstration.
Quote:I asked for specifics but you are still just spewing garbage out, because you have nothing.

Except, I have plenty, which I will lay out for you once more.

You are confusing/conflating me "spewing garbage" with for what I am really doing - which is grilling you for all the discriminatory and derogatory ideas and verbage that you sling around here.

fireicetalon Wrote:You constantly spew views which are racist and xenophobic, you are ableist, you are extremely chauvinistic and nationalist, you voted for Trump who is, if not an outright fascist, is as close to being one as you can get, and you use Breitbart - a blatantly fascist, white nationalist media organization - as your source of news. So yea, you well qualify as deserving the fascist label.

^^Those are, like it or not, specifics. The entire 'hate crime' thread was racist and laced with underlying pro-slavery rhetoric, and in this very thread you used the absolutely disgusting, dehumanizing and racist term "illegals" to describe undocumented persons (which "illegal" isn't even correct anyways in the context of bourgeois law, since being undocumented would be a civil, and not a criminal, offense), and then the "keep your 52%" comment when you replied to Kandrathe, which was your euphemism for "lets keep America white". You have made numerous Islamphobic threads and disparaging comments about refugees from the Middle East in the past. The list of "specifics" fucking goes on, and on, and on, and on.

(01-21-2017, 05:32 AM)Ashock Wrote: I actually don't care about you calling me a fascist.

You absolutely do care, or you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Quote:You are irrelevant. To me, you are basically a smear on my shoe.

And if I wanted to hear an asshole talk, I'd fart.

Quote:I do so, so others can see you for what you are.

Don't flatter yourself. I have received PM's from people here who have long seen YOU for what you are, and dont really post much anymore cause they are tired of reading your right-wing bullshit.

I've made my views pretty clear here for a long time now. You see, unlike you, I have no self-loathing or lack of confidence in my politics. You don't want to be labeled a fascist, because that has implications of you being a racist, xenophobic, sexist scumbag - which is exactly what you are. You do a much better job at exposing your despicable politics than you do proving anything about me - cause we both know I am way more transparent in my views than you are of yours. Which is understandable, since your politics are repulsive and in virtually all instances, untenable.

Quote:have absolutely no qualms about at least jailing me and most likely eliminating me

And good fucking riddance. Fascists deserve nothing less. Cause if you had it your way, blacks would be slaves all over again, women would only be allowed in the kitchen and be viewed and used as sub-human instruments for reproduction with no bodily autonomy whatsoever, Muslims would all be imprisoned or exterminated, and LGTBQ persons would be viewed as sinners and/or criminals. Anyone who wasn't a white, straight male would be completely fucked - coerced to wake up every day and salute a confederate flag and be told they have "freedom" - though in fact, nobody, except white/straight/males, would have "freedom" of ANYTHING whatsoever. You are a despicable human being, every bit as condemnable as your heroes Hitler and Pinochet.

(01-18-2017, 11:53 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Well, if they hate each other so much, maybe being locked in the same room without food will cause them to eat and kill each other... leaving the rest of us alone.

They dont hate eachother. They pretend they hate eachother so that instead of questioning the rich mans game that is US politics which only tries to secure the wealth of the rich few people are forced towards hating the others (reps or dems).
As long as the rich political class (and yes Trumps belongs to this class despite him not being from Washington) succeeds in luring the public with ceating massive arguments about health care or taxes or guantanamo bay into thinking they really have a say they keep the people stupid and the money in their own pockets.
(01-21-2017, 03:37 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: You are missing the larger point, Jester.
The people in "fly over country" seem to have gotten tired of the multitude of urban assholes screwing up the country: they want their turn to screw up the country. This time, some of the got off of their asses and voted.

I don't think I am missing the point, and I don't disagree at all with what you said. The pendulum keeps on swinging. It was entirely a snarky response to Ashock, who seems to think that it is the American land mass, and not the American people, who should be counted.

-Jester
(01-21-2017, 05:49 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Except, I have plenty, which I will lay out for you once more.

You are confusing/conflating me "spewing garbage" with for what I am really doing - which is grilling you for all the discriminatory and derogatory ideas and verbage that you sling around here.

fireicetalon Wrote:You constantly spew views which are racist and xenophobic, you are ableist, you are extremely chauvinistic and nationalist, you voted for Trump who is, if not an outright fascist, is as close to being one as you can get, and you use Breitbart - a blatantly fascist, white nationalist media organization - as your source of news. So yea, you well qualify as deserving the fascist label.

^^Those are, like it or not, specifics. The entire 'hate crime' thread was racist and laced with underlying pro-slavery rhetoric, and in this very thread you used the absolutely disgusting, dehumanizing and racist term "illegals" to describe undocumented persons (which "illegal" isn't even correct anyways in the context of bourgeois law, since being undocumented would be a civil, and not a criminal, offense), and then the "keep your 52%" comment when you replied to Kandrathe, which was your euphemism for "lets keep America white". You have made numerous Islamphobic threads and disparaging comments about refugees from the Middle East in the past. The list of "specifics" fucking goes on, and on, and on, and on.

And yet, you have still not provided me with *specifics*. Give me a quote that I've made that was Nazi-like or racist. All you are doing is thinking of new terms for the words you've already used. Basically, as I've previously indicated, you are full of shit. I can just as easily call you rapist. I mean I have no proof but neither do you, rapist.

Speaking of new terms, FireIceTalon, or F.I.T.... you don't mind me calling you that, do you?

Anyway, considering that you are a communist, and considering that their logo is a hammer and sickle, I thought a more appropripriate name for you would be HammeSickleIceTalon. On second thought, it shounds better as SickleHammerIceTalon, or S.H.I.T. You don't mind me calling that, do you?

So anyway, have yourself a nice day, rapist. Or SHIT. Pick one. Actually, considering that you are a communist and they have murdered tens of millions, a more appropriate term for you would be murderer Heart
(01-21-2017, 01:17 PM)Jester Wrote: I don't think I am missing the point, and I don't disagree at all with what you said. The pendulum keeps on swinging. It was entirely a snarky response to Ashock, who seems to think that it is the American land mass, and not the American people, who should be counted.

-Jester
Ah, so we seem to be in violent agreement.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(01-22-2017, 08:13 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 01:17 PM)Jester Wrote: I don't think I am missing the point, and I don't disagree at all with what you said. The pendulum keeps on swinging. It was entirely a snarky response to Ashock, who seems to think that it is the American land mass, and not the American people, who should be counted.

-Jester
Ah, so we seem to be in violent agreement.

Well, that seems pretty cool. I can join in.

And glad to see you Occhi. It's been too long.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
[Image: 55110663.jpg]
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.