Elder Scrolls Online
I just finished playing a bunch of Skyrim for the second time, and I really enjoyed it. For some reason I don't care that much for the Fallout games. Has anyone here ever played Elder Scrolls Online? If so what did you think of it? Can you solo it?

Thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(01-19-2017, 08:54 AM)Alram Wrote: I just finished playing a bunch of Skyrim for the second time, and I really enjoyed it. For some reason I don't care that much for the Fallout games. Has anyone here ever played Elder Scrolls Online? If so what did you think of it? Can you solo it?

Thanks.

I'm currently playing other things for the moment, but I enjoyed the hell out of ESO after the One Tamriel patch. It's all scaled now, too. So, from level 1 to 50+160CP (Champion Points) you're scaled to the content, and the drops are for you. At level 50 + 160 CP, you're 'on par' with the world, and you can become stronger if you want.

I'll go back to it in a month or two or three. I don't play *anything* for more than two-three months at a time anymore.

If you love to explore and solo, this is a great game. If you're a raider, skip it. There are much better games for that.

YMMV!

Mav
--Mav
Thanks. It sounds ideal.
I played hundreds of hours of all TES up to ESO, but it's a different game to me. Same lore, different game.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

So I shouldn't expect the same sort of gameplay. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing.
(01-24-2017, 09:08 PM)Alram Wrote: So I shouldn't expect the same sort of gameplay. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

More like... single player, limited NPC AI versus multi-player with more limited world manipulation, and more linear quests chains, etc...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-o...Comparison
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I bought the game, and I've been playing it for about a week, experimenting with different builds to get the hang of it. It is exactly as was described here.
I am enjoying it. Thanks.