What would happen if.....
.....this was a celebrity with Obama's or Hillary's head? I think even you all know the answer to this. Let's see... RACIST, SEXIST, NAZI, HOMOPHOBE (this one just gets inserted for good measure all the time), ANGRY WHITE GUY. How fast would that person be ostracized?

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/30/kathy-grif...r-shields/

Kathy Griffin wants Donald Trump's head ... but she wants it bloody and detached from his body.
The comedian posed for the gory shot during a photo session with famed photog Tyler Shields, who's known for edgy, shocking pics. We got the pic before the release.
During the photo shoot, Kathy joked that she and Tyler would need to move to Mexico once the pics got released, for fear they'd be thrown in prison.
Trump's critics have skewered him for inciting violence with his speech. Did Kathy do the same?
It seems Violent threats against the president are OK now?

I too thought we are supposed to be careful of inspired violence.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Can't say I know all too much about Kathy Griffin or follow her. But I thought this was pretty funny, actually. I wouldn't care if this happened to Trump for real, or Obama for that matter. Both Trump and Obama are mass murderers and war criminals who have much blood on their hands, especially Obama though. Sadly, because of their power and social status, neither of them will ever be brought to justice.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
So, someone known for making provocative pictures teamed up with a comedian. Sounds like all they forgot was to add contact information along with their appearance fees for talkshows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatenin...ted_States
Quote:Courts have held that a person is guilty of the offense if certain criteria are met. Specifically, the person must intentionally make a threat in a context, and under such circumstances, that a reasonable person would foresee that the statement would be interpreted by persons hearing or reading it as a serious expression of an intention to harm the President.
Given the nature of the duo, I'd say that no reasonable person would take it as a serious gesture, even if it is in bad taste.

Then again, threatening your own president does seem like a national passtime for you US folk:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassinat...rack_Obama
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
(05-30-2017, 08:34 PM)Ashock Wrote: .....this was a celebrity with Obama's or Hillary's head? I think even you all know the answer to this. Let's see... RACIST, SEXIST, NAZI, HOMOPHOBE (this one just gets inserted for good measure all the time), ANGRY WHITE GUY. How fast would that person be ostracized?

Kathy Griffin wants Donald Trump's head ... but she wants it bloody and detached from his body.
The comedian posed for the gory shot during a photo session with famed photog Tyler Shields, who's known for edgy, shocking pics. We got the pic before the release.
During the photo shoot, Kathy joked that she and Tyler would need to move to Mexico once the pics got released, for fear they'd be thrown in prison.
Trump's critics have skewered him for inciting violence with his speech. Did Kathy do the same?

Stop being a jackass (I know it's hard for you Ashock, but at least try). Both the Right and the Left have gone after her, including Chelsea Clinton. Please, just leave this forum and never return with your shit attitude.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
CNN fired Griffin. They issued the following statement, "We found what she did disgusting and offensive".

There is no need to go after fellow forum members. If you don't want to read somebody's posts, just put them on ignore.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I actually wouldn't care if it was a politician. But yea there is a little double standard.

Of course though, they are all big boys and girls, and don't need the white knights dispensing victimhood.

Don't worry though . I think everyone involved is shit.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I used this situation as a learning tool for my sons.

Rule #1 -- Consider the consequences of how your words and actions will be perceived. It doesn't matter if you had other intentions. Once people react badly you will be on the defense and probably unable to dig your way out of the hole.

Corollary to Rule#1 -- of all the stupid things any person could do would be to in any way threaten the leader of the most powerful tribe on the planet ( like them or not).

Free speech is not free of social consequences. My prediction is they will get less consequences than they deserve.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(06-01-2017, 03:28 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Free speech is not free of social consequences.
So many people could stand to learn that lesson.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
This is one of the few things perhaps, me and Kandrathe agree upon.

One can walk down Harlem and scream at the top of their lungs how much they hate minorities and immigrants. But don't be surprised if (and most likely, when) you get your head blown off. Just make sure you do it in my presence, so I can walk up to your bullet riddled corpse, laugh, and say you got what you deserved.

Still, I think what this lady did was rather funny. I mean people are up in arms about it, but she probably just happened to say what many people are thinking but don't WANT to say cause of the backlash they would get for doing so.

In any case, there should be much more outrage over the asshole in Portland who made discriminatory remarks against two minority women, and then turned around and murdered two people who rightfully came to their defense, than there is over this relatively meaningless "incident".
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(06-01-2017, 03:51 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Still, I think what this lady did was rather funny. I mean people are up in arms about it, but she probably just happened to say what many people are thinking but don't WANT to say cause of the backlash they would get for doing so.
I think even in the context of "the Art", which is protected speech, it was a bit sophomoric.

"I vote for Gore." Ha ha. But, it could have been more nuanced. It was instead less than B movie poster cheesy. Not worth getting renditioned in an extraordinary way to a comedy camp where you are the daily butt of the joke.

(05-31-2017, 05:53 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 08:34 PM)Ashock Wrote: .....this was a celebrity with Obama's or Hillary's head? I think even you all know the answer to this. Let's see... RACIST, SEXIST, NAZI, HOMOPHOBE (this one just gets inserted for good measure all the time), ANGRY WHITE GUY. How fast would that person be ostracized?

Stop being a jackass (I know it's hard for you Ashock, but at least try). Both the Right and the Left have gone after her, including Chelsea Clinton. Please, just leave this forum and never return with your shit attitude.

Ahh yes, the famous tolerant liberal attitude. Tolerant, as long as you agree with us. You people don't even realize how much you resemble the USSR. As far as this issue..... Imagine what would happen if this was done to Obama. How many morons would be rioting right now? She is fired, that's it. No one is going apeshit. If this was Obama's head 2 years ago, we'd have the Rodney King riots X 100 all over the country. We'd have all the major so-called networks stoking the flames of those same rioters. Please, you live in a bubble and you are utterly incapable of ever coming out. Frankly, I hope you never do. Enough pollution in this world already.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/31/in-her-bubb...ing-trump/
(06-01-2017, 09:28 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 05:53 PM)Lissa Wrote:

Ahh yes, the famous tolerant liberal attitude. Tolerant, as long as you agree with us. You people don't even realize how much you resemble the USSR. As far as this issue..... Imagine what would happen if this was done to Obama. How many morons would be rioting right now? She is fired, that's it. No one is going apeshit. If this was Obama's head 2 years ago, we'd have the Rodney King riots X 100 all over the country. We'd have all the major so-called networks stoking the flames of those same rioters. Please, you live in a bubble and you are utterly incapable of ever coming out. Frankly, I hope you never do. Enough pollution in this world already.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/31/in-her-bubb...ing-trump/

No Ashock, you're the one that is intolerant. Just looking at your continued threads shows how intolerant *YOU* are. You start these random stupid threads purposefully trolling these boards. You never say anything that is worthwhile or even wait to see what happens, this is a perfect thread for that. EVERYONE went after Kathy Griffin after she posted the picture and she even lost her job from CNN, your despised news channel, because of said picture. You knee jerk reaction thinking that people are going to think what she did is funny where the exact opposite is the case (almost everyone here, myself included, thought that what she did was stupid, crass, and in extremely poor taste) shows just how intolerant you are with your views.

Simply put, you're a bigoted ass that I really wish would leave these boards as you have not recently posted anything of worth (within the last few years) on these boards.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Intelligent discourse is preferable to name calling and personal attacks.

Kathy Griffin was fired. As far as I know, she has been universally criticized. Ashock was wrong in his prediction about her.

However, he is correct about the double standard which exists when President Trump is talked about in the media vs. how President Obama was treated. For example, NPR does nothing but criticize President Trump. No matter what he does or says they find fault and make fun of him. They don't even make an effort to be unbiased in their reporting. At least they are polite. But the magnitude of the vitriol directed at our President in some other quarters is something to behold.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(06-02-2017, 03:28 PM)Alram Wrote: But the magnitude of the vitriol directed at our President in some other quarters is something to behold.

And the magnitude of vitriol directed *by* the president at some quarters? Obama, whatever one might think of his politics, was polite.

-Jester
(06-02-2017, 03:28 PM)Alram Wrote: Intelligent discourse is preferable to name calling and personal attacks.

Kathy Griffin was fired. As far as I know, she has been universally criticized. Ashock was wrong in his prediction about her.

However, he is correct about the double standard which exists when President Trump is talked about in the media vs. how President Obama was treated. For example, NPR does nothing but criticize President Trump. No matter what he does or says they find fault and make fun of him. They don't even make an effort to be unbiased in their reporting. At least they are polite. But the magnitude of the vitriol directed at our President in some other quarters is something to behold.

Except, you forget, Trump doesn't act Presidential. He also hasn't bothered to learn how the US Government works and how the President interacts. For years I remember people saying that business people would be great to be in the position of President, but Trump is proving how wrong that is. The US Government does not run like a business, you cannot be a dictator as the President of the US like you can as the President/CEO of a company. And he continues to not learn this and refuses to learn this from everything he's done (where's the shouting from the Right about his signing of Executive Orders when they complained about Obama doing it and so far Trump has signed more EOs than all other Presidents in history combined to amount of time in office).

Simply put, Trump is getting the vitriol because of his actions (he spewed vitriol constantly during his campaign, he spewed it constantly during his transition, and he's spewed it since taking office, take a look at his twitter history), his complete lack of tack, his consistent lies (just take a look at the reasoning behind Comey's firing and the commentary on giving the Russians the knowledge of how Israel found out about the laptop bombs even though Israel said not to spread the information or sourcing around given what McMasters said, what Tellerson said, and what Trump said just to name a couple), and the damage he's doing to the Office he holds. Even some of the right wing media outlets are having a difficult time swallowing his commentary. As devisive as he is, it's no wonder he gets the vitriol he does (have you forgotten how much vitriol was thrown Obama's way by the right wing news outlets like Fox and opinion pieces like Limbaugh, Coulter, and Jones).

(06-02-2017, 03:28 PM)Alram Wrote: However, he is correct about the double standard which exists when President Trump is talked about in the media vs. how President Obama was treated. For example, NPR does nothing but criticize President Trump. No matter what he does or says they find fault and make fun of him. They don't even make an effort to be unbiased in their reporting. At least they are polite. But the magnitude of the vitriol directed at our President in some other quarters is something to behold.

I honestly wonder if you were paying attention at all in the previous 8 years.

A small example but remember that time Obama was criticized for wearing a tan suit?
If you guys care what would happen if... I mean what IS going to happen with global housing market during Trump presidency https://tranio.com/world/news/what-trump...rket_5219/
Smile to strangers Smile