This sounds like a great idea!
http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/canada...-pronouns/

Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns. Critics say that Canadians who do not subscribe to progressive gender theory could be accused of hate crimes, jailed, fined, and made to take anti-bias training.

Canada’s Senate passed Bill C-16, which puts “gender identity” and “gender expression” into both the country’s Human Rights Code, as well as the hate crime category of its Criminal Code by a vote of 67-11, according to LifeSiteNews. The bill now only needs royal assent from the House of Commons to pass into law.

“Great news,” announced Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister. “Bill C-16 has passed the Senate – making it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity or expression. #LoveisLove.”

“Proud that Bill C-16 has passed in the Senate,” said Jody Wilson-Raybould, the country’s attorney general and minister of justice. “All Canadians should feel #FreeToBeMe.”

“[There’s an argument] that transgender identity is too subjective a concept to be enshrined in law because it is defined as an individual’s deeply felt internal experience of gender,” said Grant Mitchell, a conservative senator, in November 2016. “Yet we, of course, accept outright that no one can discriminate on the basis of religion, and that too is clearly a very deeply subjective and personal feeling.”

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Jordan Peterson, a professor at the University of Toronto, and one of the bill’s fiercest critics, spoke to the Senate before the vote, insisting that it infringed upon citizens’ freedom of speech and institutes what he views as dubious gender ideology into law.

“Compelled speech has come to Canada,” stated Peterson. “We will seriously regret this.”

“[Ideologues are] using unsuspecting and sometimes complicit members of the so-called transgender community to push their ideological vanguard forward,” said the professor to the Senate in May. “The very idea that calling someone a term that they didn’t choose causes them such irreparable harm that legal remedies should be sought [is] an indication of just how deeply the culture of victimization has sunk into our society.”

Peterson has previously pledged not to use irregular gender pronouns and students have protested him for his opposition to political correctness.
(06-16-2017, 10:54 PM)Ashock Wrote: Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns

No, Canada certainly did not do such a thing.

(06-16-2017, 10:54 PM)Ashock Wrote: Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I definitely have no argument with this line of thought and it in no way shows that you just mash copy/paste of every Daily Caller/Breitbart article that steams you.

I don't particularly like Bill C-16, and I agree with Jordan Peterson in a lot of ways - but this topic is just outright trolling.
(06-17-2017, 03:44 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:54 PM)Ashock Wrote: Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns

(06-16-2017, 10:54 PM)Ashock Wrote: Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I definitely have no argument with this line of thought and it in no way shows that you just mash copy/paste of every Daily Caller/Breitbart article that steams you.

I don't particularly like Bill C-16, and I agree with Jordan Peterson in a lot of ways - but this topic is just outright trolling.

Positive for you, Deebye, is that Ashok will not visit Canada anymore.
Quote:Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns.

I manage hospitality businesses for a living, so I have to deal with a large number of people. I also happen to be autistic, so am naturally really shitty at dealing with people. Luckily for me, I'm not an idiot, so I've learned over the years to train myself to do the things consciously that most people do instinctively. One of these things is determining gender based on facial features and stance. If I'm focusing on it, I can do it, but if I'm really distracted by something else, there's a 50% chance I'll use the wrong gender pronoun. Because of the large number of people I deal with I do also sometimes make mistakes when I deal with transgender people.

It's actually not a problem, and in both circumstances, once I realize - or am told - my error, I apologize, and from there on address them the way they want to be addressed. This is why I would never be arrested in Canada under this new law, even though I use the wrong gender pronoun a lot.

On the other hand, I do employ a lot of people as well, and if I deliberately chose not to hire people solely because they do not identify with their biological sex, then I would be breaking this law in Canada, just as I would be breaking the laws of my own country.

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(06-17-2017, 03:44 AM)DeeBye Wrote: but this topic is just outright trolling.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Hmm, then please tell me as to how I was able to copy/paste this just now: "Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender" into Google search and get several pages of this headline from various different sites? I'm into page 3 and it's still going and going and going.... Fake interwebs?

Also, you can look up Bill C-16. Fake law, I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1vkExyp1vA
(06-19-2017, 05:12 PM)Ashock Wrote:

Hmm, then please tell me as to how I was able to copy/paste this just now: "Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender" into Google search and get several pages of this headline from various different sites? I'm into page 3 and it's still going and going and going.... Fake interwebs?

Once again you show your bigotry and don't recognize what the passed law was about. I did your little search and the only link in the first three pages that wasn't related to the bigotry you're extolling came from Time which explains what it's all about (hint, it's not illegal to use a wrong gender pronoun, it's illegal to discriminate on gender or gender expression and judges need to consider if hate/bias of gender or gender expression was involved in crimes).

http://time.com/4821022/justin-trudeau-c...on-gender/

So, as Deebye rightly stated, you're trolling once again.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
OP needs to stay under his bridge and never come out again.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
[Image: JXrPjIB.jpg?1]

Oh sorry, I came looking for salt.

Also, I denounce you!
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(06-19-2017, 05:36 PM)Lissa Wrote:

Once again you show your bigotry and don't recognize what the passed law was about. I did your little search and the only link in the first three pages that wasn't related to the bigotry you're extolling came from Time which explains what it's all about (hint, it's not illegal to use a wrong gender pronoun, it's illegal to discriminate on gender or gender expression and judges need to consider if hate/bias of gender or gender expression was involved in crimes).

For the sake of argument, do you think that bigotry, be it imaginary or real, as long as it's just verbal, should result in jail time?
(06-19-2017, 06:56 PM)Ashock Wrote:

For the sake of argument, do you think that bigotry, be it imaginary or real, as long as it's just verbal, should result in jail time?

Considering assault is defined as threatening someone through either physical, mental, or verbal means, if it full fills the litmus test of intent like the example of assault, yes.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

(06-19-2017, 08:11 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 03:44 AM)DeeBye Wrote: No, Canada certainly did not do such a thing.

Considering assault is defined as threatening someone through either physical, mental, or verbal means, if it full fills the litmus test of intent like the example of assault, yes.

K, so let's say I'm talking to two ppl. One of them used to be a male. I'm gesturing toward him and call him "he". This to you constitutes assault and jail time? Am I reading you clearly?

Nah. Cause then when you get out, you'll just do it again.

Getting your face smashed into the concrete though, might make you think twice about doing it again.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(06-19-2017, 08:43 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 03:44 AM)DeeBye Wrote: No, Canada certainly did not do such a thing.

Getting your face smashed into the concrete though, might make you think twice about doing it again.

You mean, like this?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/c...index.html

Tsk, tsk, your true colors are coming through, interwebs tough guy.

Oh and Lissa, I'm waiting for your answer, although I already know that it will be something like blah, blah, blah.... racist, homophobe, fascist. You know, the factual arguments that liberals pride themselves on so much.... oh, wai....
(06-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Ashock Wrote: Tsk, tsk, your true colors are coming through, interwebs tough guy.

No. I've always been very transparent (and unapologetic!) about my politics. If you are just now starting to realize that, then you ain't been listening (or reading). As a communist, I don't ever pretend to be something I'm not. We leave that to the liberals.

(06-19-2017, 05:12 PM)Ashock Wrote: Hmm, then please tell me as to how I was able to copy/paste this just now: "Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender" into Google search and get several pages of this headline from various different sites? I'm into page 3 and it's still going and going and going.... Fake interwebs?

Have you actually looked at the sources of those 3 pages? I'll list them in the order that they appear to me.

Daily Caller, Daily Stormer, Liberty Headlines, Patheos, endtimeheadlines.org (I particularly love this one), commonsensewonder.blogspot, biblicalgenderroles.com (I'm sure this source has no bias), SOTT.net (okay this one is weird), smalldeadanimals.com (this is a blog), constitution.com, scout.com forums, texags.com forums, politiforum, Stormfront (I'm really not surprised), defendthefamily.com, christianforums.com, and a Youtube video from a user called AdamAndEveNotSteve. That was two pages, with nothing omitted.

There's not a damn source from any news organization that has any sort of reputability. Not even Fox News.

I'm perfectly aware of what Bill C-16 is. A simple Google search of "Canada Bill C-16" would show you that Canada did not pass a law making it illegal to use wrong gender pronouns. Canada passed a law making it illegal to discriminate against transgender people.
(06-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 05:12 PM)Ashock Wrote: Hmm, then please tell me as to how I was able to copy/paste this just now: "Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender" into Google search and get several pages of this headline from various different sites? I'm into page 3 and it's still going and going and going.... Fake interwebs?

You mean, like this?

Oh and Lissa, I'm waiting for your answer, although I already know that it will be something like blah, blah, blah.... racist, homophobe, fascist. You know, the factual arguments that liberals pride themselves on so much.... oh, wai....

Why should I answer a question when it's obvious you're twisting it around. The point is Intent. If you couldn't figure out what was required, then:

1) You're obviously trying to just twist things for your own biased opinion.

2) You're too daft to understand what "Intent" means (even with the resources available on the internet from dictionary.com and websters.com).

3) Trolling as usual.

Likewise, you still don't get that this law is an anti-discrimination law, the same as you see in the US involving non-gender aspects (like race, creed, religion), it's just that Canada went the extra step and added gender into their anti-discrimination laws. But given your bigoted attitude, you would never see it this way.

(06-20-2017, 01:57 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 05:36 PM)Lissa Wrote: Once again you show your bigotry and don't recognize what the passed law was about. I did your little search and the only link in the first three pages that wasn't related to the bigotry you're extolling came from Time which explains what it's all about (hint, it's not illegal to use a wrong gender pronoun, it's illegal to discriminate on gender or gender expression and judges need to consider if hate/bias of gender or gender expression was involved in crimes).

You mean, like this?

Why should I answer a question when it's obvious you're twisting it around. The point is Intent. If you couldn't figure out what was required, then:

1) You're obviously trying to just twist things for your own biased opinion.

2) You're too daft to understand what "Intent" means (even with the resources available on the internet from dictionary.com and websters.com).

3) Trolling as usual.

Likewise, you still don't get that this law is an anti-discrimination law, the same as you see in the US involving non-gender aspects (like race, creed, religion), it's just that Canada went the extra step and added gender into their anti-discrimination laws. But given your bigoted attitude, you would never see it this way.

I asked you a direct question, the answer to which you predictably failed to provide. I gave you a real life scenario which could easily happen, and which will by the new law in Trudenada be punishable by jail time. You avoided addressing it by insulting me and telling that I do not understand. This of course is a typical approach taken by the left. Factual argument is not something you choose to engage in, because you can't address it. All you have are slogans, accusations and rhetoric. All methods used very effectively by communists and now, the left... which in reality is just a shade away from real-life communism that has been practiced in certain unfortunate countries for the last 100 years.

Also, please explain to me why you say that I am trolling? Mind you, don't tell me why you *think* I'm trolling, but why you say it.
(06-19-2017, 06:06 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Also, I denounce you!

Oh yeah? Well dishonor on you!
(06-19-2017, 10:57 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Ashock Wrote: Tsk, tsk, your true colors are coming through, interwebs tough guy.

No. I've always been very transparent (and unapologetic!) about my politics. If you are just now starting to realize that, then you ain't been listening (or reading). As a communist, I don't ever pretend to be something I'm not. We leave that to the liberals.

Here, this is right up your alley. You are welcome and please enjoy. I know you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeqj2ix-jr0