Hellfire the dark is dead
Hey just letting you know hellfire the dark is dead. Or the site isn't redirecting anymore.

I tried to reach out to ArthurDent to no avail.

I have a copy of Zenda and Zamal's mod "thedark"

I am thinking this december I will have time for one project... I hope.
I have copies of the technical notes from their website if anyone wants them.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Actually that might not bad to pastebin them.

I contacted ArthurDent and the site was taken down. I would like to host it if possible.
(08-30-2017, 09:24 AM)Sir Krist Wrote: Actually that might not bad to pastebin them.

I contacted ArthurDent and the site was taken down. I would like to host it if possible.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send it to you. It's too big to attach here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(07-25-2017, 05:00 AM)Sir Krist Wrote: Hey just letting you know hellfire the dark is dead. Or the site isn't redirecting anymore.

I tried to reach out to ArthurDent to no avail.

I have a copy of Zenda and Zamal's mod "thedark"

I am thinking this december I will have time for one project... I hope.

Hi, Sir Krist! I noticed that the other forums were dead this past week.

I tried logging on specifically so I could grab a copy of Zamal's guide with all of the documented offsets.

Is there any way you could pastebin them and post a public link here?

Thanks!
Yeah , I cannot find them either..

Google save us!
It's quite sad to see a forum with such a huge amount of knowledge on modmaking go down.
Any chance someone has a full dump of the forums?
Hello all,

unfortunately the site for TheDark is down. It was hosted by a fan and I have lost contact for a while.
I am trying to get in touch to see if I can revover the files and the forum DB.

Meanwhile, if anyone needs access to the latest mod version - which is Version 5.4A - please PM me here.
Same applies to the TheDark Graphics utility for modifying various graphics files (.cl, .cl2 etc).

I have tested the DiabloDirectDraw patch utility and it works fine with TheDark, correcting the rainbow colours and allowing for fullscreen mode on most resolutions. Launching the .exe through Kali also solves the black-screen-on-quitting issue.

I have lost contact with both Zamal and Zenda so there is no active development on the mod any more. 5.4A is the final version.
I still play the game though and to me is far more exciting than the other D's including III.

Best Regards,
ArthurDent

P.S.: I tried to access my original account but it doesn't like my email address so I can recover my login data. Any help on that is appreciated.
(03-12-2018, 12:55 PM)ArthurDent2 Wrote: P.S.: I tried to access my original account but it doesn't like my email address so I can recover my login data. Any help on that is appreciated.

Hi DentArthurDent, your other account here is registered to a TheDark email address and I'm guessing that's dead. If you PM me what that email address is, specifically, I'll consider that proof you're you and switch your main account's email address over to the one of your choosing.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I think I may have found a back up of Hellfire the dark files. I just don't remember what was needed entirely for it to run.

Here I found some files. I threw them together and I hope this works. I briefly tested it and it appears to work. I had to run it as admin and set comparability mode for win xp sp 3.

Here is the link

https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/4iDkJx4W/file.html

DOWNLOAD please, because I thought this was DEAD...