Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18
The patcher seems to be working. I was in the preview weekend and closed beta. I'll let you know how the servers are handling things right now.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Quote:I'm on Barak Varr, btw

The server list doesn't show Barak Varr... are they changing the server set before the open beta?
http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmw...erverStatus.war
And it appears the beta test keys finally work, so I'm in the process of getting patches downloaded and installed since it finally accepts that UID and PW.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:And it appears the beta test keys finally work, so I'm in the process of getting patches downloaded and installed since it finally accepts that UID and PW.
I am patched and ready to log in and choose a faction and server. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I am in for sure would be great to hook up with with some of you. If you find Vinnie you will find me:)
Quote:The server list doesn't show Barak Varr... are they changing the server set before the open beta?
http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmw...erverStatus.war

Ya, I forgot they were wiping the PW characters. So, I'm on Tyrion with my other half, playing an Ironbreaker named Winterborn. Works well with her Archmage in PvE. In RvR, erh, still trying to keep her alive when their melee swarms her.

My 'they brought Tyrion down again' solo character is an engineer, Smoothbore, on Helbrass.

Where I end up come the Headstart is still up in the air.
So I'm not running the best system in the world but it does beat the min requirements. Athlon XP 2800, Nvidia 6600GT, 1GB RAM (this hurts I know), but for the game to essentailly play like I'm in Ironforge back when that was the only city with an auction house means I really can't get a feel for the game.

I've got the graphics set to fastest framerate and mobs and players are warping, things stutter. It's very hard to get any real feel for the game under those conditions. I've played WoW on a system that was only that much above the min requirements and it played much better.

It's still a beta, I understand that (WotLK beta plays worse than WoW Live on my system as well, but we're talking going from 40 FPS to 30-35 not playing at like 2).

I haven't found an FPS meter in warhammer, but the performance right now means I'm not getting it even if I do manage to find a way to make it play better in the beta and have a lot of fun with it. It won't be worth it. Ah well.
---
Hey gg, did you update direct x and your video drivers?

I was having major problems with Aimee's system until I did that and now it runs just fine. Hope you can sort that stuff out, though I'm thinking that the 1gb ram is the problem:(
Quote:Hey gg, did you update direct x and your video drivers?

I was having major problems with Aimee's system until I did that and now it runs just fine. Hope you can sort that stuff out, though I'm thinking that the 1gb ram is the problem:(

Yep, I always keep DX and my video card drivers up to date.

The game just requires more than I have.

Oh and upping the memory didn't help much, I got my system up to 2 GB by taking the memory out of Treesh's machine while she was at work just to see. I noticed that traveling was a little better, but mobs still warped a fair bit, animations were still jerky and unpleasant, and I still had to keep things set to fastest framerate.

I can still play it and I will keep playing the beta some to get a better feel for the gameplay itself, but there is still no chance that I'm paying to play it, not with this kind of performance.
---
Sorry to hear that GG. Makes me sad knowing you and Treesh won't be around in war. I know they did their best to make it so that it would run on *most* systems that ran wow, but looks like they couldn't do it for all of them.
Quote:Sorry to hear that GG. Makes me sad knowing you and Treesh won't be around in war. I know they did their best to make it so that it would run on *most* systems that ran wow, but looks like they couldn't do it for all of them.

And for whatever reason I haven't been able to log into the beta since the 12th. From the 13th on it wouldn't accept my password anymore. I didn't really look at any posts or anything so I may have missed that they were shutting things down or something, but I figured the beta would continue through tomorrow at least.

I know some of the patches that went out on the 10th-12th actually improved performance on my system some. It was still what I would call mostly unacceptable performance. But at least it was more to the point that if my financial situation changed a fair bit that I would have considered getting it.
---
Game launched on the 14th for all collector edition pre-orders. Today marks the launch for non-ce preorders, and general release launch is the 18th
Quote:Game launched on the 14th for all collector edition pre-orders. Today marks the launch for non-ce preorders, and general release launch is the 18th

Ah. I was actually able to log in today, but that could be because I activated my headstart code at some point just for grins.
---
Oh? I didn't realize you had actually purchased the game. I thought you were just in the beta! *foreheadsmack*
Quote:Oh? I didn't realize you had actually purchased the game. I thought you were just in the beta! *foreheadsmack*

I didn't get the game. Just the pre-order special from Target. So I paid $1 for the beta and the headstart stuff if I got the game.
---
aaaaaah, ok. I didn't actually know that was possible. No wonder there were no head start codes left.:D
It looks like we are all on differant servers. Im willing to move right now because i dont have any toons higher than 8. Im not a huge fan of pvp so im not going to any open rvr server (yes i know this doesnt make sence because WH is 80% pvp). Can we get a list going, this game will be a lot more fun with some friends to group with.

Dhen & Tigo: O Grimnir. D Heldenhammer
VinnieJones: Skull Throne?
Lt Warhound: O Barak Varr, Tyrion?
Vor Lord: ?
I did not end up purchasing the game, although I enjoyed playing the beta. I am not ruling out purchasing it in the future (once wine supports it so I can run on linux). If I do, I will be playing where VinnieJones and AlienLuvChyld and friends are (I believe that is destruction on Skull Throne). Right now I'm on an MMO break.
Raww rawww destro on skull throne. Only problem with the server so far is that goon squad rolled alliance there. But then again, it's fairly rewarding killing them it's just their sheer numbers that are an annoyance.

Also, this game is MUCH better for the casual player so far. I'll let you know how my opinion of it develops as time goes by.
Quote:It looks like we are all on differant servers. Im willing to move right now because i dont have any toons higher than 8. Im not a huge fan of pvp so im not going to any open rvr server (yes i know this doesnt make sence because WH is 80% pvp). Can we get a list going, this game will be a lot more fun with some friends to group with.

Dhen & Tigo: O Grimnir. D Heldenhammer
VinnieJones: Skull Throne?
Lt Warhound: O Barak Varr, Tyrion?
Vor Lord: ?

Since I had my headstart time (even though I don't think I'll be able to play again).

I made an Order toon on Grimnir. Name: Elianna.
I made an Chaos toon on Skill Throne. Name: Grosh

Skull Throne was always full though so most of my play time was on Grimnir. I figure if I do somehow manage to work things to get the game that I might as well use the head start stuff and try and be on servers with you guys. :)
---