New Recruit-A-Friend Program
Quote: With the new Recruit-A-Friend program you can earn an exclusive Zhevra mount, receive a FREE month of game time, and gain access to other exciting in-game benefits. From the moment your friend creates a character and starts playing you’ll both earn triple the experience when grouped together and have the ability to summon one another from anywhere in the world. Also, for every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to any one of your characters.

To start recruiting your friends click here. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/r...riend.html

For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend program please click here. http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.x...leId=20588

From: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...557153786&sid=1

Although there have been some positive responses, the reaction on the official forums is largely negative. A number want to know if they can receive retroactive credit for past referrals. And there is, of course, the predictions of soon-to-arrive hordes of multiboxers.

For my part, although I see this as good for those who are legitimately bringing new friends to WoW, I think it's going to be widely abused, and it really sends the message that the old world sucks and you should get out of it ASAP. That's maybe a bit harsh, but as a friend put it: "Outland is basically WoW2, except you have to play through the longer and emptier prequel before you can play it,"

Edit: Added some quotation marks.
Wow. I saw it in passing, but now that I look at the details...

3x XP? Solo summon? Free levels? Uhh...:huh:Seems a little too much.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
The only problem I see with this is that they need a similar system in place for alts that doesn't require you to dual-box. Something lesser, like 50% faster leveling after you have one 70.

The leveling process doesn't seem so slow and boring the first time you do it. Or even the second time for that matter. All of the quests and zones are new, and you're still learning to play the game.

But when you've been playing WoW for 3 years, and you can hop on your buddy's character and learn to play the class decently well AT 70... the process of leveling is just boring. You don't need that extended period to learn the game anymore.

I've been wanting to roll a few alts for a while now to gear up for arena... but every time I make an attempt, boredom prevails over my willpower.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:The only problem I see with this is that they need a similar system in place for alts that doesn't require you to dual-box. Something lesser, like 50% faster leveling after you have one 70.

The leveling process doesn't seem so slow and boring the first time you do it. Or even the second time for that matter. All of the quests and zones are new, and you're still learning to play the game.

But when you've been playing WoW for 3 years, and you can hop on your buddy's character and learn to play the class decently well AT 70... the process of leveling is just boring. You don't need that extended period to learn the game anymore.

I've been wanting to roll a few alts for a while now to gear up for arena... but every time I make an attempt, boredom prevails over my willpower.

Not to mention rolling the same class on a different server or faction--I love my druid (alliance) and my priest (horde), but if I want to play either with a friend on the opposite faction it takes days of my time. There's been a bit of complaint on the forums about how RAF rewards new accounts while Blizzard has failed to do anything (ala City of Heroes) to reward long time accounts or account holders.

Alternately, Blizzard could just allow cross-server & cross-faction guilds and instancing. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.;)