Torment: Tides of Numenera
I just received an email from Steam that an item on my wish list has been placed on sale: Torment: Tides of Numenera. I can't remember putting it on my wish list; it must have been at some time when I was bored and looking for a new game to pay. And I certainly can't remember why I picked it for my wish list.
It is on sale for $19.79 until November 1st. Is it a great game worth the price? Is it a turn based D&D game (I don't like that genre)?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
It's free to play this weekend, so try it out?
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
It's an Infinity Engine style game. Turn based, but not specifically D&D based. It's a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, and I really enjoyed it. The vast majority of combat can be skipped, and you can influence your chances of any action by spending effort (limited per rest).

While there's more global implications than in Planescape: Torment, it is very much a game about saving yourself as opposed to saving the world.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Is this related to the Monte Cook Numemera RPG?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(12-01-2017, 11:09 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Is this related to the Monte Cook Numemera RPG?

It's the follow up to Planescape: Torment.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(12-01-2017, 11:09 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Is this related to the Monte Cook Numemera RPG?

Yes, it's set in the same world.

-Jester
Anyway, I looked at some Youtube videos of the game and decided that it wasn't for me.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]