I'm Baaaa-aaack!
Hi, all!

For those of you who don't remember me, I'm Lokishadow, a slightly....okay, REALLY eccentric individual who teamed up with Elric of Grans to try to figure out the "vibrator bug" back in the D2 days.

I'm thrilled that Blizz is finally coming out with D3, and I really don't care how WoW it looks. The final product (and inevitable Blizz patches...dang you, D2 Immo Patch!) will determine what kind of game it is, and no amount of speculation can change that.

Unless, of course, you let it. I've seen gamers over the years throw tantrums over proposed dev changes to a title series new incarnation, and as a result of their OWN petulance, fail to enjoy a perfectly good game that deviated from the original.

Anyway, I'm back, if lurking, and I'm not caught up, but if anyone wants to say hi, drop me a line on this post or email me. Honestly, my yahell email is probably the most reliable way to get my attention, since I check it every day.

Thanks for all the good times, and looking forward to more!

"The world you live in is just a sugar-coated topping. There is another world, the REAL world, beneath it. And if you want to survive it, you had better LEARN TO PULL THE TRIGGER!!" Wesley Snipes, blade

-Loki
"How heroic. How compassionate. How selfless. I think I'm going to be sick."
-Skeletorr, the new HE-MAN
Oops, forgot to tell:

Yep, I'm a cheapskate. I won't pay for a WoW account. And I disliked the last patch I experienced in D2 enough that I've pawned off my copy of LOD.

But I just found me a new game. One of those free MMO's with stuff you can buy for real if you don't feel like grinding to get it. It's called World of Kung Fu. I like it, but then, I've been practicing kung fu (for real) for two years now, so I'm a little biased.

For those of you who knew something of me before, I'm quite a bit more subdued now than I was in 2003 (gad, has it been THAT long?). I'm not the video game addict that I was...but then, finding one's spiritual path and having a child will do that to you.

I'm no longer military either, so my time is more my own than it once was. Since I do have a couple hours in the evenings (the ones when I'm NOT practicing kung fu) I'm eagerly drooling over the Diablo 3 release. Speaking of which, since I'm still just as lazy as I once was, is there a proposed release date for D3?

Anywho, any more questions for me? Yeah, I know this is OT, but Bolty was nice enough to reactivate my account for me (thanks, Bolty! Didn't think you'd remember me), and I remember a vibrant community in the LL's early days.

I must say the site has undergone some impressive changes, but then, so has most of the net. I'm still finding my way around....and I like the little random quote under the LL logo whenever you change screens. That's neat.

-Loki
Hi,

Quote:. . . is there a proposed release date for D3?
Blizzard ain't saying yet, but the smart money's on this millennium.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:For those of you who knew something of me before, I'm quite a bit more subdued now than I was in 2003 (gad, has it been THAT long?). I'm not the video game addict that I was...but then, finding one's spiritual path and having a child will do that to you.

I'm no longer military either, so my time is more my own than it once was.
IIRC, you were an F-18 mechanic, or avionics tech.

Spend much time in Al Assad?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:IIRC, you were an F-18 mechanic, or avionics tech.

Spend much time in Al Assad?

Occhi

Occhi! How's it going?

Yes, YRC, or You Remember Correctly. I was. Marines. Al Assad, no. Mop up on Anaconda and kick started Enduring Freedom and maintained Southern Watch.

BTW, a dry heat is still f'n hot when it's 135 in the shade. It got up to 155 on the flightline at noon. Saw a guy cook an egg on his helmet. Saw a few other cool things, like places where if you stepped off the path you became human confetti. Blech. Had a lot of fun out there though.

Also pulled some time in Japan. I LOVE Japan. Korea rains too much. Thailand....well, let's just say I actually heard phrases that belong in Full Metal Jacket. From the locals. :D

I've got more stories if you wanna hear them. Do we have a D3 speculation thread yet?

-Loki
Quote:Blizzard ain't saying yet, but the smart money's on this millennium.;)

I'm guessing closed beta in late winter 2008-spring 2009, open beta in summer 2009, and launch in fall 2009. I have a gut feeling :shuriken:

And it will be AWESOME.
Quote:Do we have a D3 speculation thread?
Yes.:shuriken:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Occhi! How's it going?
Well enough, for a retired old salt who is still working on redefining life and has a daughter in college . . .
Quote:Yes, YRC, or You Remember Correctly. I was. Marines. Al Assad, no. Mop up on Anaconda and kick started Enduring Freedom and maintained Southern Watch.
Ah yes, OEF, the original good idea. I got to work with VA 213 (Black Sheep) a Harrier squadron, during mid 2004 on that caper, somewhat. 22 MEU was one of the units we supported.
Quote:Blech. Had a lot of fun out there though.
I know the feeling, though differently from your jarhead's eye view.
Quote:Also pulled some time in Japan. I LOVE Japan.
It has many redeeming features.
Quote: Thailand....well, let's just say I actually heard phrases that belong in Full Metal Jacket. From the locals. :D
Hehe.
Quote:I've got more stories if you wanna hear them.
Amen on the hot. I didn't end up near anywhere that the confetti trick was being pulled, though.

No further comment. ;)
Quote:Do we have a D3 speculation thread yet?
Yes, we do, on the front page of the Lounge.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...opic=11305

Glad to see you still among the quick. Semper Fi, and te saluto.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Well enough, for a retired old salt who is still working on redefining life and has a daughter in college . . .

You must be a squid. Hee hee. Gotcha. Congrats on the retirement. I have a daughter now, 3 years old, and a holy terror

Quote:Ah yes, OEF, the original good idea. I got to work with VA 213 (Black Sheep) a Harrier squadron, during mid 2004 on that caper, somewhat. 22 MEU was one of the units we supported.

We hosted the Black Sheep in Iwakuni before I rotated out. I HATE "Scarriers," you have to pull a frakkin' WING off to change the engine. I also heard 22MEU did some good work over there. Thanks for lookin' out for my boys.

Quote:I know the feeling, though differently from your jarhead's eye view.

TTTHHHBBBPPP!!!

Quote:Amen on the hot. I didn't end up near anywhere that the confetti trick was being pulled, though.

Thank God/dess I never actually saw that happen. I've enough bad dreams.

Quote:Glad to see you still among the quick. Semper Fi, and te saluto.

Occhi

Thanks, Occhi, I'm glad to be here. As I said I'm now a a proud (?!) father, and my wife says I can carry the next one if I want a boy. I'm not sure if you know anything about astrology, but my daughter is a Wood Monkey in Chinese Astrology, and a Capricorn in Western Astrology. Which means she's the center of the universe, a little diva, and she's at least as hard headed as her old man.

Grrrr. :angry:

I've taken up kung fu, been doing it for two years (same style Jet Li and Jackie Chan study). Lost a lot of fat (yes, the Marines made me fat, don't ask unless you want a tirade).

Back in my home (??) town of Hot Springs Arkansas (aka Hickville USA), bought a house (the first one of my LIFE!!!), wife and I are getting along fine, and I'm working my tail off.

Gas prices are bad enough (along with the standard wage around here) that I'm riding a bicycle to work. Sucks in this heat, especially since I got my SECOND heat stress injury in Kuwaitistan, so I have to take it easy and still make it to work on time.

Hey, Occhi, when the LL switched over, did they keep any of the old discussions? I tried to find some of the old guides and bug discussions, and no dice. Though not a big deal.

My wife is already getting sick of hearing me talk about D3, and I only found out about it two weeks ago.:D I'm a bad person. No, really, I'm a bad person.

Any idea what happened to Sirian? I loved his Hardcore Walkthroughs back in the day. They were quite interesting. Or is there anything similar out there?

Well, I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know about me. But there it is.

tootles.
~Loki
Welcome back, Loki!

My mom's family is from Hot Springs. I think I was 10 the last time I was there, though.

All of the Lounge's old forums are still available. The only posts that were deleted were the ones in the off-topic forum of the DC board. You might have to hunt a bit to find what you're looking for, though.

LL DC Forum archive

Network 54 Forum archive

Sirian is still around, but not really posting these days. Other people probably know more about more recent interesting reads.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Hey Lokishadow!
Nice to see some familiar names have replied to you (hi everyone). I can't wait for D3, I'm bored to death with console games! Is it too soon to get in line for the Beta? or too late?

Aloha!
Quote:Hey Lokishadow!
Nice to see some familiar names have replied to you (hi everyone). I can't wait for D3, I'm bored to death with console games! Is it too soon to get in line for the Beta? or too late?

Aloha!
Man, talk about emerging from deep lurk. Wasn't your forum name taken from Heavy Metal "Den of Earth" cartoon episode????

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
[/lurking]

Hey, Den! I don't remember you, so if we talked, I apologize. It's been a LONG road since I last visited the LL. I was here back before Elric of Grans made Mod, but I remember some of the old hands, Bolty, Griselda, Occhi, Sirian, and a few others.

I poked around at Sirian's page and remembered all the hullabaloo about the 1.07+ patches, and the nasty immos and clvl/mlvl curves that rendered a lot of the popular builds obsolete and firmly established D2X as a twinker game.

Hopefully, D3 won't be the same. I'm also looking forward to Fallout 3...wow, I LOVED fallout and fallout 2, but there was just too dang much to deal with in those games, too many angles, and too much crud to wade through to get to the fun stuff....

Though on that note, I must share a build that I made...Luck 10 and Jinxed. Bloody Mess can be cool with this build, but I like to take Gifted. This was a Fallout 2 build...I remember going with straight martial arts and thrown. At one point I walked into a mob of thugs and bandits that, by rights, should've wiped the floor with me, except they kept dropping their clips, shooting themselves and their friends in the legs, head, and eyes for critical damage, and falling flat on their faces while I mosied around and took them out with Chops and Snap Kicks.

It was hilarious.

Anywho, thanks for the shout. I'm really busy with RL, so I tend to lurk a bit...okay, a lot,:), but I do try to get back to people who talk to me.

I turned on email, so ya'll can email my normal addy too, if you want. Or add me to your Yahoo Messenger if you like.

~Loki
[lurking]
Quote:[/lurking]

Hey, Den! I don't remember you, so if we talked, I apologize. It's been a LONG road since I last visited the LL. I was here back before Elric of Grans made Mod, but I remember some of the old hands, Bolty, Griselda, Occhi, Sirian, and a few others.

~Loki
[lurking]

It's okay, it was a long time ago. Honestly, I didn't really remember you until I read Occhi's post about you being an F18 mechanic. Ding! Oh yeah... I remember now.

Den
Aloha Occhi,
Since the forum just ate my reply to you... here's the lo-fi version. I quit work in 2001. Now "consulting" full time. Had a daughter Jennifer in 2004. Moved to Hawaii in 2005. My son Josh is turning 10 this year! The coffee here is excellent. Life is good. Yes, Den is the geek turned stud from Heavy Metal. My daughter loves that movie like I do!

Looking forward to bitching about the economy, rushers, twinkers, PKs, patches, & nerfs that are bound to be in D3.

Here's a pic of my girl...
[Image: m_95e18038a50cae4bf14cc57d92daa6f8.jpg]
Quote:[/lurking]

I poked around at Sirian's page and remembered all the hullabaloo about the 1.07+ patches, and the nasty immos and clvl/mlvl curves that rendered a lot of the popular builds obsolete and firmly established D2X as a twinker game.

Hopefully, D3 won't be the same. I'm also looking forward to Fallout 3...wow, I LOVED fallout and fallout 2, but there was just too dang much to deal with in those games, too many angles, and too much crud to wade through to get to the fun stuff....

Though on that note, I must share a build that I made...Luck 10 and Jinxed. Bloody Mess can be cool with this build, but I like to take Gifted. This was a Fallout 2 build...I remember going with straight martial arts and thrown. At one point I walked into a mob of thugs and bandits that, by rights, should've wiped the floor with me, except they kept dropping their clips, shooting themselves and their friends in the legs, head, and eyes for critical damage, and falling flat on their faces while I mosied around and took them out with Chops and Snap Kicks.

It was hilarious.

Anywho, thanks for the shout. I'm really busy with RL, so I tend to lurk a bit...okay, a lot,:), but I do try to get back to people who talk to me.

I turned on email, so ya'll can email my normal addy too, if you want. Or add me to your Yahoo Messenger if you like.

~Loki
[lurking]

/delurks..

Hello, i am back also, and i am glad to see some new faces as well.

I been busy for what 3 years now and finally able to get a break and post something to make you guys go nuts with grammar corrections{ if anyone remembers me from the episodes and i still haven't said thanks for helping me with getting that program fixes my grammar and contextual sentences.. so thanks everyone}

so the new game is diablo 3 i thought was going to be it... and yes i am still playing d2 havent been on my mage ina bit sorry guys for slacking
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Quote:/delurks..

Hello, i am back also, and i am glad to see some new faces as well.
Man, they are all coming out of the woodwork! Hi Wiccan.:)

A note on D3: I am worried that there will be no Druid in D3. :( I will keep my fingers crossed, but it looks as though the Witch Doctor is a fusion of Necro and Druid. Hope I am wrong. Druid could use some bringing up to date, for my money. (I have a D2LODLaddder wind druid on West Hardcore at the moment whose skills still frustrate me: aiming is nearly impossible with Twister and Tornado. I finally gave up on the fire tree when immunities arrived. )

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
[quote name='Occhidiangela'

it looks as though the Witch Doctor is a fusion of Necro and Druid.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought when I saw him. I wasn't really stoked on either of the characters. Heck... it's just one screen shot though.