I have some bad news...
Jim Gould, also known as Bun-Bun, Pavis, Hykim, Jakaleel Odayla, or Vaimadarsa, among others passed away last night apparently of a heart attack.

He was a friend of mine for decades, and I know he was a friend to many here, which is why I needed to come let you know.

Inveterate punster, and one of the kindest souls I've ever know.

I'll come back and let you know when I know more.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Oh, my heart is breaking! Thank you so much for letting us know.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I am stunned. He will be greatly missed.
Random wonderful recollection: The 11 hour Scholomance clear. I believe it was Tal, Lissa, Bolty, Skan and Bun in there all day long!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Very sad news indeed.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
As has already been said, this is very sad news. As the Lounge continues, I feel we'll have more of these posts over time. Sad

Bun always came across to me as the Wise Man who sits in the corner of the room and rarely, if ever, speaks. But when he does, you listen up, because it's always worth hearing what he has to say.

In fact, just looking up his user account here, he visited regularly and recently but his last post was two and a half years ago. A true Lurker.

As Catlyn said, Bun was a punster. He was compelled to throw them out there from time to time. Quite often, in fact. It was clearly a favorite activity. Had enough yet?

Bun was anti-anti-vaccination before it was cool. He took time to repudiate nonsense when he saw it, and as we know the Internet is full of it. He had some very prescient thoughts regarding the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Bun was a Diablo and World of Warcraft player that I had the pleasure to game with back in the day. He didn't have much of the structured free time required to devote to raiding, so my path diverged from his over time, but it was always a pleasure to log in to Stormrage and see Hykim or Pavis tooling about in Azeroth.

You'll be missed, Bun. A quote from him that applies all too well to our modern Internet:
"To wit, I contend that to people of sense, all viewpoints are not equal. One must apply some critical thinking along the way."

Finally, I'll leave us with this. Bun, you might not care, but we will.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well said Bolty. I met Bun-Bun during the WoW beta. I had been peripherally aware of him from my Diablo 2 days. We bonded over our mutual love for Halloween, and being involved in Haunt creation. Bun was always there for people, always willing to help out. I think I mentioned in gchat once that I was saving to have one of the motorcycle mounts made because Krys was starting to play wow and it made it a lot easier to move about with her. Not long after he sent me the keys to a mechachopper that he had made on his engineer. I think he gave me the one he had intended for himself and he wouldn't accept any kind of payment. When a fellow Lurker was having trouble buying a replacement computer - Bun was the first to contact me after I started gathering funds to help.

I always leaned heavily on Bun for advice and wisdom. When I veered off the path, he gently helped course correct.

I am a better man for having known Bun.
Bolty, thank you so much for that wonderful post commemorating Bun. It was so much fun to click through, and that's how Bun would have wanted it to be, I think.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(02-14-2019, 02:50 PM)Tal Wrote: I am a better man for having known Bun.
So say we all.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Sorry to hear of his passing, he will be missed!
That is very sad news. I didn't know him well, but he was always one of the best folk to have around the forums.

-Jester
I'm truly sorry to hear of his passing. I don't think that I ever had the opportunity to play anything with him, but I do remember his posts.

It is indeed a sad day, knowing that he has passed.
Shoju.
Used to play WoW on Terenas.
Played PoE for a while, Guild Leader of the Lurker guild there. Back to playing.
Lover of stringed instruments, and the beautiful music they make.
sad to see, good by Bun Bun. As the bard said in *Twelfth Night* through Feste the Fool:

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.

Vaya con dios, amigo
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Damn...I think that's all I can really say.

One of my found memories of Bun was a run that we were both on along with Tal, Loch, and I think Bolty and me and Bun got into a pun war. I think by the time the run was over, Tal wanted to kill us both due to the puns, good and bad.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
My Favorite Thing that Bun Ever Said to Me:
MMORPG means Many Men online role-playing girls.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
[Image: dr-who-rain.gif]
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(02-24-2019, 10:33 PM)Frag Wrote: [Image: dr-who-rain.gif]

I concur. Sad
The error occurred on line -1.