WotLK Achievements
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/featu...chievements.xml

Quote:World of Warcraft’s achievements system will launch with more than 500 individual achievements covering every aspect of gameplay, including world exploration, PvE, PvP, professions, and character development; from the purely whimsical to the truly epic, there will be something for everyone. Some achievements come with in-game rewards such as tabards, vanity pets, and titles. All of these rewards are purely cosmetic and just for fun, but you’ll certainly stand out when you proudly display them.

And don’t fret about running out of achievements anytime soon. The list is easily expandable, so you can expect additional achievements with each new World of Warcraft content update.

I loves me some tabards, so I'm pretty excited about this. I have discovered that I am a goal-driven player, so this stuff is right up my alley.

As a side note, some of the characters in the screenshots are wearing what is obviously Northrend gear. The designs are distinctly un-clownsuit-like. Awesome.
Quote:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/featu...chievements.xml
I loves me some tabards, so I'm pretty excited about this. I have discovered that I am a goal-driven player, so this stuff is right up my alley.

As a side note, some of the characters in the screenshots are wearing what is obviously Northrend gear. The designs are distinctly un-clownsuit-like. Awesome.

What could you possibly mean by "clownsuit"? All the gear Blizzard designs is amazing, simply flawless in both taste and artistic cohesion.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080102.jpg

-Jester
You forgot the best part.

Quote:Every time you earn a new achievement, your accomplishment is announced to your guild and everyone in your immediate vicinity -- and the custom achievement animation and sound effect are unmistakable

I'm pretty sure that's going to get old. Fast.
Quote:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/featu...chievements.xml

Never thought I'd see achievements in World of Warcraft. Now I've gotta split my time between racking up more Pyro achievements and now WoW achievements, too? Jeez.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I rather like this system, reminds me of the Titles/Accomplishmets/Traits System in LoTRO but more about aesthetics rather than being the backbone of the "talents" system. For example, which self-respecting paladin would wanna grind 50 orcs just to earn... Redoubt?:blink:

The public announcement, however, is a bit much. "I'm pretty sure that's going to get old. Fast." /agreed
Quote:The public announcement, however, is a bit much. "I'm pretty sure that's going to get old. Fast." /agreed
I guess I'm used to it, though the first few days will be hell. The achievements in TF2 are announced to the server ever since the Medic pack, with accompanied fanfare.

Though to be honest, the only achievement you really want the whole world knowing you've done in TF2 is OMGWTFBBQ:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:The public announcement, however, is a bit much. "I'm pretty sure that's going to get old. Fast." /agreed

The announcement resembles the one that's triggered by an alchemy discovery, so it's not that obtrusive. My guess is that most people will clear through a lot of the easy achievements the first couple of days anyhow, and after that you'll just see that message every once in a while.