Arenas vs. Paladins
I'm a Priest. I'm fighting against either a holy or ret Paladin.

What buffs, other than the obvious Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Freedom, and Divine Shield, should I bother dispelling?

This is a weak spot in my play that I recently realized, so I'd like to know from the viewpoint of an experienced PvP Paladin what buffs are very annoying to be dispelled. Keep in mind that dispelling these costs me a GCD, and in some pressure situations that's a big deal. What buffs other than those big three above are worth me spending a valuable GCD (and mana) in a pressure situation to get rid of immediately?

I'm also not referring to the obvious scenario of nuking buffs off of the currently designated focus target. Let's say the holy Paladin has Kings on him at the start of the match, and he's not the focus target. I strip it off. He recasts it on himself. Worth stripping it off again, or a waste of time and mana to bother? How about self-buffs on Ret pallies who are trying to own ma fase?

Thanks for the tips.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I'm a Priest. I'm fighting against either a holy or ret Paladin.

What buffs, other than the obvious Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Freedom, and Divine Shield, should I bother dispelling?

This is a weak spot in my play that I recently realized, so I'd like to know from the viewpoint of an experienced PvP Paladin what buffs are very annoying to be dispelled. Keep in mind that dispelling these costs me a GCD, and in some pressure situations that's a big deal. What buffs other than those big three above are worth me spending a valuable GCD (and mana) in a pressure situation to get rid of immediately?

I'm also not referring to the obvious scenario of nuking buffs off of the currently designated focus target. Let's say the holy Paladin has Kings on him at the start of the match, and he's not the focus target. I strip it off. He recasts it on himself. Worth stripping it off again, or a waste of time and mana to bother? How about self-buffs on Ret pallies who are trying to own ma fase?

Thanks for the tips.

-Bolty

Can't say much about Ret, but I occasionally use rank 1 blessings on myself to trick trigger happy dispellers into wasting mana and GCDs, and to protect useful things from felpuppy devour.

Most Holy Pallies (myself included) take 3/3 Improved Righteous Fury for the 6% damage reduction, and it's a very expensive spell for us to recast at 708 MP, so it's worth dispelling. Most Retardins doing the usual 41/20 Ret/Prot build will also have Improved Righteous Fury.

Kings is handy, but after you go through the extra MP, it's usually better to switch to Wisdom for the MP regen. This might not be an issue in 5's where you can conceivably disappear for a second and drink a little. You can't downrank Kings, though.

You also want to kill Blessing of Sacrifice the second it appears. It won't show up often, only when the Pally is expecting a CC of some kind to hit him (I always use BoSac if there's a hidden player at the start of the match to prevent Sap), but since it's on a 30 second cooldown, dispelling it means he can't get out of Wyvern Sting, Sheep, Sap, and other break-on-damage effects for free.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Don't forget the other members of a group. The group I'm running with right now is pretty heavy melee dps if you take our might that's going to be a pain. I've seen priests who can spam off a couple mass dispels before the fight ever even really starts and strip off some pretty useful buffs. Want to make shamans cry? It's almost impossible to avoid in blades edge. It's probably going to be the rogue, warrior or hunter that really kills you so remember to take their might or kings away. Might is probably about 10% of their AP and in the long run that is as good as getting a heal on yourself and worth the GCD.

Its also relevant who the other members of your group are. If you have a shaman or warlock who can spot strip let them do it. If you have a warrior taking the shield off the other priest is an enormous help. BOF hurts my all melee group for example but if your dps is casters who cares.