Diablo 4 Open Beta
Is anyone playing this?  I'm playing a rogue, but haven't got very far yet (level 8), as I just got disconnected and now my account is apparently blocked for a few minutes before I can play again.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I was able to get in and play quite a bit over the weekend (got to 25 on a Rogue). The one issue, as I noted to Quark, is if the desynch wasn't caused by the overall load, they're going to have issues. I was showing a lot of desynch compared to where I was aiming with my bow (arrows were firing in the opposite direction of where my mouse was at with respect to my character). This was an issue that was mostly solved by GGG several years ago with PoE and if A-B hasn't solved that, they're going to lose people quickly.

Simply, if a company that is making all their money from people by MTXs and the like has solved desynch and a company that was bringing in billions a month during WoWs hayday hasn't says something. My hope is it was load testing that was causing the desynch issues, but if it wasn't...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(03-27-2023, 11:57 PM)Lissa Wrote: I was able to get in and play quite a bit over the weekend (got to 25 on a Rogue). The one issue, as I noted to Quark, is if the desynch wasn't caused by the overall load, they're going to have issues. I was showing a lot of desynch compared to where I was aiming with my bow (arrows were firing in the opposite direction of where my mouse was at with respect to my character). This was an issue that was mostly solved by GGG several years ago with PoE and if A-B hasn't solved that, they're going to lose people quickly.

Simply, if a company that is making all their money from people by MTXs and the like has solved desynch and a company that was bringing in billions a month during WoWs hayday hasn't says something. My hope is it was load testing that was causing the desynch issues, but if it wasn't...

I didn't notice any desync myself, just two disconnects and every now and then the game ground almost to a halt and seemed to be using 100% CPU.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields