Huh?
I found this here.

Quote:Spell casting and spell channelling pushback has been changed to the following:

When casting a spell:

The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
All hits after the second will have no effect.
When channelling a spell:

The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.
All hits after the second will have no effect.

Now can anyone explain to me what is mean by "All hits after the second will have no effect?"

These people have me worried! I presume the mean the time delay ... right???? :unsure:
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Quote:I found this here.
Now can anyone explain to me what is mean by "All hits after the second will have no effect?"

These people have me worried! I presume the mean the time delay ... right???? :unsure:

Essentially spell pushback has been reduced.

Yes. The third hit will no longer stutter the caster and will not reduce the duration of a channeled spell to any less than 50% of its normal duration.

I found 2 other interesting things for mages:

- Winter's Chill reduced to 3 ranks, Frost damage spells have a 33/66/100% chance to trigger the effect and the effect increases chance to crit with Arcane, Fire and Frost spells. - While I'm not a fan of giving frost benefit to all trees, just as I didn't like Ice Block being trainable, it might bring the red headed step child build a boost in demand.

- Creates 3 copies of the caster nearby, which cast spells and attack the mage's enemies. - yes, please!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

The first time something hits your toon, it will pushback your spell by .5 seconds. The second time someone hits your toon, it will pushback your spell by .5 seconds. The third time (and any time thereafter) someone hits you, it won't pushback your spell at all.

For channeling, the first time someone hits your toon, it will take 25% of the duration off your channel. The second time, the same thing (so you end up losing 50% of your channel duration). The third time, there will be no duration hit.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
It's essentially a fix to the fact that Hunter pets (particularly cats) can stop anything from casting any spell if they don't have a minimum 70% resistance.

I guess it does reduce the need for pushback protection talents for some classes and specs, though whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

And what tree/spec are those changes for, Lochnar? I'm not sure what spec you're talking about, unless you're talking about an "elemental" fire/frost build, which I'm assuming is another reason they're putting Frostfire Bolt into effect.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Winter's Chill adds a debuff to the target. The changes mean that debuff will give Fire and Arcane mages a boost as well as Frost mages.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:And what tree/spec are those changes for, Lochnar? I'm not sure what spec you're talking about, unless you're talking about an "elemental" fire/frost build, which I'm assuming is another reason they're putting Frostfire Bolt into effect.
Deep frost - generally frowned upon by raiding guilds - but maybe more welcome if having winter's chill boosts the damage of the other mages as well. I don't know what tree mirror image (3 mage clones) is in, the site above didn't say. It could very well be a figment of their imagination as they list it as NYI/not confirmed.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:The first time something hits your toon, it will pushback your spell by .5 seconds. The second time someone hits your toon, it will pushback your spell by .5 seconds. The third time (and any time thereafter) someone hits you, it won't pushback your spell at all.

For channeling, the first time someone hits your toon, it will take 25% of the duration off your channel. The second time, the same thing (so you end up losing 50% of your channel duration). The third time, there will be no duration hit.

Mirajj, Thank you. I had no idea what spell pushback is. Never even noticed it.

Ok. I'm soothed!!!!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!