Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion
Quote:I don't know the details behind the Blizzard North folks leaving other than something about an ultimatum that was not accepted. I don't know the extent of any hard feelings. If Blizzard wanted any of the Flagship people back they could certainly afford it.

It wasn't to Blizzard, it was to Vivendi. Back when it looked like Vivendi would sell their games division, Blizzard North basically said they wanted knowledge and influence towards any sale. Vivendi said no.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hi,

Quote:It wasn't to Blizzard, it was to Vivendi. Back when it looked like Vivendi would sell their games division, Blizzard North basically said they wanted knowledge and influence towards any sale. Vivendi said no.
Yeah. Funny how you don't hear of Vivendi wanting to sell Blizzard any more.;) I wonder if a 90 plus million a month cash flow has anything to do with it :lol:

Remember when one of the posters (Mikey?) was talking about buying Blizzard? Wonder what we'd be playing now if that had happened.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:If it's Diablo III, we're all forgetting the most interesting part of it: the previous Diablo games were made by "Blizzard North," the acquired Condor entertainment company. That element of Blizzard doesn't exist anymore, having years ago broken up
*grumble, grumble*

Thanks, Bolty. At least I didn't see this before I saw the D3 announcement, so fortunately I got a few minutes of happiness.

*grumble, grumble*

-V

Forecast: more isolated grumblestorms.

*grumble, grumble*

Massively reliable source here : a slashdot poster

I can't seem to figure out how to link to that post but here it is:

Quote:Less than 1/4 of the Blizzard North people with credits on "Diablo II" went to Flagship. Also, only TWO people from Blizzard North with a credit on Diablo II are working in Irvine as of the past year! Just a few of the names who did NOT go to Flagship AND are not currently working in Irvine: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/diablo-ii/credits [mobygames.com] http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/hell...-london/credits [mobygames.com] - Both people named as designers (Hedlund and Sexton) - The artist who created "Diablo" (Okamura) - The original animator of "Diablo" (Haas) - The lead programmer (Seis) - The entire in-game music/audio team (Stone, Petersen, Uelman) - The character artists behind the Paladin, Sorceress, and Barbarian and countless monsters (Johnson, Dashow) - The illustration genius behind the UI art (Boos) - All three level designers (McAuley, Scandizzo, Wilson) Additionally, Bill Roper never had an office at Blizzard North during the making of any of those releases - he moved soon AFTER they were released. The idea that "Well, Hellgate was a flop, so it must have been Blizzard all along that made it..." is unfounded and stupid. The sad reality is that Blizzard North was basically cast to the wind and can never be reformed in any real way.

Let me add that Diablo 1 credits are here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/diablo/credits