Midsummer Flame Festival
Just a heads up on something that not everyone considers immediately with the Flame Festival. It's an experience goldmine for alts.

At level 56, my mage is getting 8450 exp for each desecrated fire. Half of that for the honored fires. More, she gets the larger exp bonus for doing each of the torch dailies. I logged my shaman and saw similar results, albeit scaled down since he's only level 28. He was only seeing 2000some exp for each desecration or daily. But at his level, that's a lot of exp!

The daily quests are a great way to get some quick gold, but they're also one of the few dailies available to a character below 70. I've been cycling through a few oft-neglected alts and just doing the torches every day. I'd suggest anyone else do the same if you want some quick exp on alts with only about 5 mintues invested per day.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Just a heads up on something that not everyone considers immediately with the Flame Festival. It's an experience goldmine for alts.

At level 56, my mage is getting 8450 exp for each desecrated fire. Half of that for the honored fires. More, she gets the larger exp bonus for doing each of the torch dailies. I logged my shaman and saw similar results, albeit scaled down since he's only level 28. He was only seeing 2000some exp for each desecration or daily. But at his level, that's a lot of exp!

The daily quests are a great way to get some quick gold, but they're also one of the few dailies available to a character below 70. I've been cycling through a few oft-neglected alts and just doing the torches every day. I'd suggest anyone else do the same if you want some quick exp on alts with only about 5 mintues invested per day.
That, and the maypoles now offer a 10% buff on experience gained from killing monsters, and you can "stack" that buff up to an hour.

Stealing the enemy capital flames is still present, and the reward is the same as previous years - The crown. The downside? Unlike last year's event (Where the Exodar and Silvermoon had flames that didn't count towards the ultimate reward), you now have to go for all four - Sucks to be you if you don't have TBC:P

As for new gear, you buy it (And the rewards from the now-defunct quests of previous years, everything except the bracers) using the blossoms (14-day duration on them since 2.4.0, so if you saved up last year, they've already evaporated). The <span style="color:#FFFFFF">[Mantle of the Fire Festival] and <span style="color:#3366FF">[Captured Flame] are the purchasable holdovers from last year and cost 100 and 350 blossoms respectively, but the newcomers are worth a look especially if you already have the gear from last year:

<span style="color:#FFFFFF">[Vestment of Summer] - Cloth robes, and quite possibly the best looking robes in the game. They have a flame decal on the chest that's worth removing your tabard for, and if you use the robes you go straight into your dance animations with flame effects on your hands. Awesomely, using items or casting won't interrupt the dance animation if started. Worth 100 blossoms.

<span style="color:#FFFFFF">[Sandals of Summer] - Cloth shoes. Similar in the Vestment that using them will cause your feet to catch on fire. Still saving up for these myself on my main, will get them tomorrow. Price is 200 blossoms.

<span style="color:#3366FF">[Brazier of Dancing Flames] - Described as the best worthless item in the game. Using this causes a brazier to appear with a dancing female draenei flame. It reacts to various emotes, especially /dance (But disappointingly, not the Vestment dance). Will set you back 350 blossoms.

As blossoms are soulbound, and there is a finite amount of them that you can get on any character, you'd come up short on blossoms to be able to buy everything that's permanent (The rest of the purchasables are on a 14-day duration.). Good news for everyone who got their Mantle and Flame from last year, bad news for the rest of you (and our alts).
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Just a heads up on something that not everyone considers immediately with the Flame Festival. It's an experience goldmine for alts.

The Fire Festival Fury buff and the Blazing Bonfire buff are also pretty handy for leveling. I don't think the 30% is correct, but when the extra fire damage proc goes off, the mob pretty much drops.

By the way, both the reactive damage and the proc damage can crit, and they crit at 2.00x.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I think there's an internal cooldown of about 30 secs, maybe more, on the bonfire buff's damage proc.
I really like this year's iteration of the fire festival (frequently annoying torch catching quest not withstanding). The bonfires are a quick and easy way to acquire cash and blossoms. Even if you're not interested in any of the "toy" items, the food buffs are great for raiding for the next two weeks (they occupy their own "seasonal" buff slot so they stack with other food/elixir buffs). My priest has gorged herself on Toasted Smorcs the last couple of days.

Chris