When management crosses the line
I was curious to know people's experiences with management at their workplaces or at a friends workplace. Whatever anyone is comfortable with divulging. I've had bad experiences with managers. Showing favoritism, looking the other way when someone they like breaks the rules but when I've done it, talked down to in condescending tones.

Anyone been in a scenario where the boss cursed at them and accidental was caught by another employee or management member?

Or ever been to a friends workplace, or just went in to grab your 'happy meal' and the boss over the counter yelled at an employee, calling her a bitch, where everyone could hear?
Quote: Or ever been to a friends workplace, or just went in to grab your 'happy meal' and the boss over the counter yelled at an employee, calling her a bitch, where everyone could hear?

This happened to me when I was a customer waiting in line at a Dairy Queen. The owner/manager was loudly berating his employees in front of the entire store. Then he went to give a drink to a waiting customer and dumped it all over her pants and shoes. He yelled more at his his staff saying it was somehow their fault even though he was the one that poured it and put the lid on.

I don't go there anymore and I hope he goes out of business. No one deserves to be treated like that.
Humans don't stop being humans just because there's a 'manager' in front of their name.

On the flip side, there's plenty of great souls out there doing a great job with little recognition.

Cheers,

Munk
Yeah I agree, my boss just gave me a raise and weekends off!

Quote:Humans don't stop being humans just because there's a 'manager' in front of their name.

On the flip side, there's plenty of great souls out there doing a great job with little recognition.

Cheers,

Munk
Not so much favoritism, etc. as ... well ... um ... issues. I talked with a S.C.O.R.E. group about small business startup activity in a particular area, to get a feel for the potential need for my services regarding intellectual property matters. I found out some interesting things, about the intersection of ego and reality.

Example: We already have somebody who advises clients on intellectual property law matters, he's a retired executive with some patents in his name. If he tells a client that the client's proposed name for the client's business clears the Sec. of State's Office then it's good to go. (Um, not exactly, it may be fine with the Sec. of State, but there could still be issues with trademarks, etc.) Further, he advises clients that patent protection is not useful, because of the high costs of defense (effectively recommending that S.C.O.R.E. clients start a business without protecting the business' assets).

Maybe I'm in the wrong business. Perhaps I should go to this small-mid sized city area, buy products from S.C.O.R.E. clients then mercilessly rip them off with exact copies, sold at a lower price because I didn't have to develop them:P