Test Realm Patch Notes: 2.4.3
Well, definitely going to have to make some adjustments to my playstyle... ever since they introduced the GCD on weapon swapping during combat, my usual sequence is to start casting the heal, and then hit my weapon swap mid-cast to switch to the healing weapon (or nuke if that's the case). It's become nearly instinctive at this point...
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
It's an odd change. Some of the Idols were only worth using because you could swap them and hide the swap in GCDs. Oh well.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:This might kill CasterWeaponSwapper.

Except for trees:)
Should be noted that there's possibly a "stealth" change going into this patch that's causing Ice Armor, Fel Armor, Demon Armor, Mage Armor, Molten Armor, and all the other magical armor effects for Warlocks and Mages to be classified as physical effects and thus undispellable effects.

Hopefully this gets changed, because if it doesn't, it's a huge problem for Enhancement Shamans (and possibly Retribution Paladins as well) because of Frostbite. This wouldn't be the first time of Blizzard's left hand failing to communicate with the right hand (12 mp5 on the S4 Enhancement Shaman chest?), but it gets tiring having to wait for another patch to fix a stupid decision.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Uh? 15% chance to be frozen on hit is a huge problem?

Frostbite is crap.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:There is a S4 weapon (dagger?) with a crapload of spell haste on it, I believe. I think the weapon swap change was made to prevent winding up a spell with the spell haste weapon equipped to lower the cast time, then swapping to a spell damage weapon to get the full +dmg effect of the spell.

This weapon is not currently available on the PTR. We'll find out tomorrow if they're actually going live with the haste dagger in Season 4.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Undocumented item addition:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38518
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Uh? 15% chance to be frozen on hit is a huge problem?

Frostbite is crap.

Not if you're dual wielding and have no means of escaping it outside of the trinket.

Blessing of Freedom could be dispelled or stolen, leaving the pally trying to kill Frostbite through the Winter's Chill stacks.

It's a serious issue.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Should be noted that there's possibly a "stealth" change going into this patch that's causing Ice Armor, Fel Armor, Demon Armor, Mage Armor, Molten Armor, and all the other magical armor effects for Warlocks and Mages to be classified as physical effects and thus undispellable effects.

Hopefully this gets changed, because if it doesn't, it's a huge problem for Enhancement Shamans (and possibly Retribution Paladins as well) because of Frostbite. This wouldn't be the first time of Blizzard's left hand failing to communicate with the right hand (12 mp5 on the S4 Enhancement Shaman chest?), but it gets tiring having to wait for another patch to fix a stupid decision.

I wonder if this is at all related to the blue post about totems being changed to physical? Now if they made Ghostwolf undispellable I would be happy.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:I wonder if this is at all related to the blue post about totems being changed to physical? Now if they made Ghostwolf undispellable I would be happy.

That or make druid travel form dispellable, either change would work for me. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Uh? 15% chance to be frozen on hit is a huge problem?

Frostbite is crap.

I take it you never tried staying in melee on a mage as an enhancement shaman, when frost armor is up.

(Spoiler - if they aren't brain-dead, it's not going to happen)
Quote:I take it you never tried staying in melee on a mage as an enhancement shaman, when frost armor is up.

(Spoiler - if they aren't brain-dead, it's not going to happen)

No, I haven't. I don't play an Enhancement shaman.

It still doesn't change the fact that Frostbite is useless. Frostbite only seriously affects melee opponents -- and if a Frost mage can't handle melee opponents without Frostbite...

I really don't see the problem here.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Quote:No, I haven't. I don't play an Enhancement shaman.

It still doesn't change the fact that Frostbite is useless. Frostbite only seriously affects melee opponents -- and if a Frost mage can't handle melee opponents without Frostbite...

I really don't see the problem here.

Quote:In PvP situations Frostbite is effective at catching runners or slowing large groups, which is valuable in Warsong Gulch. Two effective ways to get a Frostbite are with Frostbolt (Rank 1) and Improved Blizzard (Rank 1). With Frostbolt (Rank 1), the cast time is 1 second with full Improved Frostbolt and 1.5 seconds untalented, allowing the mage to rifle them off quickly with the hope of landing a Frostbite. With Improved Blizzard, each tick of the AoE applies a chill, and thus each tick has a chance to Frostbite. Rank 1 is mana efficient enough to chain cast it for a Frostbite hit.

The Frostbite effect does not overwrite the Frost Nova effect or the Water Elemental's Freeze effect. These spells have a longer duration (8 seconds vs. 5 seconds) than Frostbite, and thus supersede it. Even if the Frost Nova or Freeze has fewer than 5 seconds remaining, Frostbite will not take effect. However, if the attack with a chill happens to break the freezing effect, it is possible for the Frosbite freeze to take effect immediately.

Because Frostbite only lasts for 5 seconds, and higher ranks of Frostbolt have a minimum casting time of 2.5 seconds (3.0 seconds untalented), a mage often only has enough time (due to lag) to cast one Frostbolt before the effect wears off. However, if a Troll mage casts Frostbolt in conjunction with the racial Berserking (thus reducing the cast time to 2.25 seconds or less) then he can have up to two chances to crit off a a Frostbite. A mage of at least level 66 can cast the Ice Lance spell instead of additional Frostbolts, as it can allow several castings into a frozen enemy, which is advantageous considering that it does triple damage to frozen targets.

Frostbite is an undesirable talent in frost AoE grinding builds. The goal in a frost AoE situation is to keep a large pack of mobs grouped close together and snared with Cone of Cold and/or Improved Blizzard. If Frostbite lands, it can separate a mob from the pack, complicating the kiting process.

Source
Frostbite has uses in slowing down people, but not nearly as much as is said in that quote -- it only has a 15% chance of proccing.

So yeah, I'll admit it's not useless, but it's not nearly as useful as has been said on this thread.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Quote:Frostbite has uses in slowing down people, but not nearly as much as is said in that quote -- it only has a 15% chance of proccing.

So yeah, I'll admit it's not useless, but it's not nearly as useful as has been said on this thread.

I have to admit to being confused by your attitude. You've got between 2k and 3.8k HKs a piece on three toons - of which the highest is a fire mage. You would think that you would have run into a few frost mages in that time on one of your melee. Though given the rep it appears you spent most of your time in AV the least pvp of the battlegrounds so you may not have run into too many frost snipers.

Trust me. Its a big deal as a melee (aside from rogues who have more get out of jail cards) to deal with frostbite. A shammy could usually blow through that with purgespam and grounding totem and a ret pally with BoF. If its not purgeable it becomes much much harder to manage.
Quote:This weapon is not currently available on the PTR. We'll find out tomorrow if they're actually going live with the haste dagger in Season 4.

I'm seeing reports that the Alacrity dagger is NOT on the S4 vendors at this time on live realms, so they appear to have decided against it. Seems there is some major disappointement among high ranked mages.
Quote:I'm seeing reports that the Alacrity dagger is NOT on the S4 vendors at this time on live realms, so they appear to have decided against it. Seems there is some major disappointement among high ranked mages.

Is there an S4 vendor on the live realms? I can't find him. I found the S3 and S2 vendors in Netherstorm still and an S3 vendor in Nagrand. S1 stuff on the honor guy still. But I didn't look really hard and I didn't use the bunch of tubes called the interwebs to search to find out where I should be looking for them anyway. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Is there an S4 vendor on the live realms? I can't find him. I found the S3 and S2 vendors in Netherstorm still and an S3 vendor in Nagrand. S1 stuff on the honor guy still. But I didn't look really hard and I didn't use the bunch of tubes called the interwebs to search to find out where I should be looking for them anyway. :)

I dunno, I'm still at work... just relaying some info from arenajunkies.com

One would assume they were in the same places as the S2 / S3 were yesterday. I wasn't really planning on buying anything for arena points today anyway. I have other things to do besides spending 15 minutes trying to click on a nameplate with 1500 other people, then when I finally do keep getting "that object is busy" for another 5 minutes.
Quote:This weapon is not currently available on the PTR. We'll find out tomorrow if they're actually going live with the haste dagger in Season 4.

I can only hope that Blizzard realized the implications for every relic-using class who's trying to make ends meet with an item-swapping macro. This type of a change to game mechanics should never be implemented to "balance" a single pvp toy that they were thinking of putting in the game.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I can only hope that Blizzard realized the implications for every relic-using class who's trying to make ends meet with an item-swapping macro. This type of a change to game mechanics should never be implemented to "balance" a single pvp toy that they were thinking of putting in the game.

Everything's balanced around their oh so precious arena pvp now Z, don't'cha know.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~