How personal do you guys get here?
I just have a personal problem I could use help on, but I don't want to get too personal if its not liked in the lounge.

I know you guys talk on politics and laws and such, I think at least, but I wanted to check first.

Thanks

Quote:I just have a personal problem I could use help on, but I don't want to get too personal if its not liked in the lounge.

I know you guys talk on politics and laws and such, I think at least, but I wanted to check first.

Thanks
I have a mole... But, I can't show you.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Personal problems are ok, however IF you feel you want more privacy, use the "Send a Personal Message" system to contact members You know or Like here at LL. I would welcome a PM from you.

Quote:I just have a personal problem I could use help on, but I don't want to get too personal if its not liked in the lounge.

Thanks

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
edit.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Thanks

I was considering making a few "personal" posts myself, but decided against it. There are better forums for that. To bitch about your day is one thing, but to talk about your love life, or psychological problems, I don’t know, these seem like issues best addressed on not such public forums.

. . .

But since you suggested it, I do have a strange occurrence that happens to me about once every few months or so. I never really bothered to look it up on the net or ask a doctor about it but the thought crossed my mind that maybe some of you Lurkers also suffer from the same symptoms:

Every couple months, I get totally and completely emotionless from anywhere to three days to almost two weeks. When I say emotionless, I mean no emotional feelings whatsoever. Here’s a scary example: I took my kids to the beach and my daughter, who was 4 at the time, was playing in a tide pool when the tide came in and the receding water knocked her down and started sucking her into the ocean. She screamed in panic and I found myself feeling nothing, just staring down at her for about 2-3 seconds before I knew I had to react or there would be dire consequences. When I get in these moods, I honestly don't give a hoot about anything and its a little disturbing to have no idea why it happens to you. When I'm having these episodes, what saves me is my, I guess you might say conscious, or sub-conscious, telling me, "hey, something isn't quite right." I know what will happen and this stops me from allowing dangerous thing to occur, however I feel nothing at the time. When the episodes is over, I sometimes wonder why I didn't feel anything and how close I might have come to real danger, although I know inside that I'd never do anything that might put the people I care about in harms way because I still know the difference between right and wrong because, well it's really hard to explain the way it feels, but I'd have to say because of my life’s experiences teaching me what is right and wrong, and my upbringing. It's strange because before or after the episode, I don't get depressed or overly overjoyed; I don't suffer from depression or anything like that in my personal life. I started noticing these episodes about maybe 5-years ago, but they really don’t happen frequently enough for me to be too concerned. When they do happen, I sometimes ask myself, “Is this normal? Does everyone go through episodes like this?"

Was that too personal?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I have had similar such feelings, though I admit not in quite some years. I do believe there are ways, and good ones at that to deal with it, I'm just not certain what they'd be. Perhaps some of the other lurkers may know.

Quote:I was considering making a few "personal" posts myself, but decided against it. There are better forums for that. To bitch about your day is one thing, but to talk about your love life, or psychological problems, I don’t know, these seem like issues best addressed on not such public forums.

. . .

But since you suggested it, I do have a strange occurrence that happens to me about once every few months or so. I never really bothered to look it up on the net or ask a doctor about it but the thought crossed my mind that maybe some of you Lurkers also suffer from the same symptoms:

Every couple months, I get totally and completely emotionless from anywhere to three days to almost two weeks. When I say emotionless, I mean no emotional feelings whatsoever. Here’s a scary example: I took my kids to the beach and my daughter, who was 4 at the time, was playing in a tide pool when the tide came in and the receding water knocked her down and started sucking her into the ocean. She screamed in panic and I found myself feeling nothing, just staring down at her for about 2-3 seconds before I knew I had to react or there would be dire consequences. When I get in these moods, I honestly don't give a hoot about anything and its a little disturbing to have no idea why it happens to you. When I'm having these episodes, what saves me is my, I guess you might say conscious, or sub-conscious, telling me, "hey, something isn't quite right." I know what will happen and this stops me from allowing dangerous thing to occur, however I feel nothing at the time. When the episodes is over, I sometimes wonder why I didn't feel anything and how close I might have come to real danger, although I know inside that I'd never do anything that might put the people I care about in harms way because I still know the difference between right and wrong because, well it's really hard to explain the way it feels, but I'd have to say because of my life’s experiences teaching me what is right and wrong, and my upbringing. It's strange because before or after the episode, I don't get depressed or overly overjoyed; I don't suffer from depression or anything like that in my personal life. I started noticing these episodes about maybe 5-years ago, but they really don’t happen frequently enough for me to be too concerned. When they do happen, I sometimes ask myself, “Is this normal? Does everyone go through episodes like this?"

Was that too personal?
Quote:I cried from watching Buffy.
I always wished I had a Mr. French in our family, and Cissy was so hot. My sister had a Mrs. Beasley doll too.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Thanks

Psych Forums for mental and emotional health
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!